The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IBTANKED.... Show em off

Discussion in 'Carto Tanks' started by sigtausteve, Oct 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sneakerpimp

sneakerpimp Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2013
    The O.C.
    the paint is heat cured.. up close it looks like it's glass on glass.

2. mh37

mh37 Full Member

Apr 3, 2014
    United Kingdom
    just wondering what shipping is like with these guys i placed my first order 48hours ago and still saying order confirmed,how long does it usually take for them to ship ?

3. nikcox

nikcox Full Member Verified Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Villa Grove, Illinois
    They usually ship out within 1-2 days after your order. I placed an order on the 9th and it will probably ship out today (fingers crossed).

4. Apostlyte

Apostlyte Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2014
    Nortampton, PA
    So, this thing is beautiful! I think it was a bit pricey for what it is (43) and I DID NOT get the drip tip adapter, big mistake for the size of this tank at .9 mils... BUT LOOK AT THE STEALTHINESS!!!

*in love so much omgoodness....*
    Halfling.jpg

5. Apostlyte

Feb 14, 2014
    Nortampton, PA
    In close, ya just can not a see it... So STEALTY!!!

Half2a.jpg

Attached Files:

6. Apostlyte

Feb 14, 2014
    Nortampton, PA
    Update. I thought at .9 mils that I would vape out of this tank quick. It also has a big battery draw. That said, I got home today with a quarter of a tank left with plenty of battery to vape on!

7. Mike757

Mike757 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 4, 2014
    LA, CA, USA
    Tom, are the frosted glass tanks from IBT? Is it one of their painted-on finishes? Thanks.

8. Mike757

Feb 4, 2014
    LA, CA, USA
    It would be great if IBT sold a version of their caps (especially the 22mm caps) that was completely flat, rather than beveled as the current ones are. Even better, if there was a "bottom use only cap" where the flat bottom had a recessed area machined out which would accomodate the flang when using flanged cartos. This would eliminate the gap when using it on a 22mm mech mod and reduce the gap on something like a Sig Zmax. The beveled caps could still be used on the top.

An alternative would be to offer a simple beauty ring that was flat on one side, with the other being 'reverse beveled' to mate perfectly with the beveling on the existing caps. How about it, IBT?

9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    Those are just the frosted ones. The one on the far left is engraved with the Vape City logo, and the next one is plain clear frosted. The one on the far right is a dark orange frosted tank.

I just got a clear tank with the orange gold caps, and the color matches the juice perfectly. Don't know if that matters, but I like it.

[​IMG]

ETA: sneakerpimp...wow. That's a gorgeous collection, and excellent photography to boot.

10. Mike757

Feb 4, 2014
    LA, CA, USA
    That looks great, almost like the tank and caps are one continuous piece.

11. Elantis

Elantis ~≈Dragonfly≈~ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 31, 2012
    Hoosier Cornhusker
    The current beauty ring that IBTank has is beveled on top to fit the contours of the caps, it is really tall though but does provide airflow through a hole in the side. I have two of them, but when using them, the carto must be extended a bit through the bottom cap to make connection with the device.

There are some pictures here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ibtanked/497198-ibtpro-22-a.html

OCD was planning to also have them in anodized colors to match everything, but there was a problem mentioned here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ibtanked/536601-ibtpro-anodized-colors-updates.html

My only wish is that they weren't quite so tall.

12. Mike757

Feb 4, 2014
    LA, CA, USA
    Yes, all they'd need to do is make a shorter version of the Pro ring that would fill up the gap created by the beveling and the carto flange, so people can use them on mech mods. Or, make a flat bottom cap that can be selected as an option when buying a complete tank.

13. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    The OP states: "I dont have one yet and wanted to see some good pics of them on different set ups. I would especially like to see ones with colored glass."

OCD (IBTanked's owner) is quite responsive to questions/suggestions in "his" thread:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/ibtanked/339809-do-you-fiddle-your-thingy-203.html

14. Tom Servo

Tom Servo Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 3, 2014
    United States
    I got this from the local B&M, so I'm not sure what the pattern is called on the website. Cyan swirl with matching caps:

[​IMG]

Say, OCD...have you entertained the notion of aluminum or steel tanks?

15. AndriaD

AndriaD Reviewer / Blogger Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2014
    LawrencevilleGA

Just found this post you made way back in Oct '13 -- I copied the first pic and did a little photoshop magic, to try and envision the Sigelei with a 25mm standard length, instead of 22mm XL...

[​IMG]

Hope my server is behaving itself now... :facepalm:

Think my visualization is more or less accurate? I thought the Hypertank would look good on the Sigelei, but it really doesn't, so clearly my visualization skills are somewhat limited.

Andria

16. TimV30

TimV30 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2014
    Lincoln Nebraska
    Mystery ibtanked on my vamo v5. I dont know what size it is. Bought it from the classifieds. I thought it looked cool. Now to get red caps, white orings and a red ibtipsy.

[​IMG]

17. Pocha

Pocha Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I love the little dots!

18. nikcox

nikcox Full Member Verified Member

Feb 6, 2014
    Villa Grove, Illinois
    My plain jane 19mm XL dressed up with a Donatello drip tip and TMNT MVP

Attached Files:

19. Zogman100

Zogman100 Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    22mm Halfling, Light Swirl, Black and gold on my Provari Mini.

[​IMG]

20. Zogman100

Zogman100 Senior Member Verified Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Omaha, NE
    Have an IBTanked Beauty Ring on order so hoping it will fit a little snugger without the gap between the tank and the top of my Provari.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.