Status
Not open for further replies.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
oh i would outstock my favorite vape flavor lmao. a few grands worth, im not kidding.

i learned my lesson when stupid obama signed the bill banning flavored cigarettes which applies to kreteks. which is stupid. if cloves are flavored, so are menthols, am i right? damn obama man. pathetic.

sorry for ranting off-subject

No worries. People are too wrapped up in Facebook, iPhones and social media to pay attention to what their government is doing TO THEM. Distractions abound and the politicians benefit as a result. Slowly and surely, liberty and rights are being taken under the guise of "safety" and "health". No matter the laws the government chooses not to enforce. It's always easier to get the scared to follow blindly. That's what "studies" accomplish...frightening people into submission and agreement. Watch for the day when using your common sense becomes a felony.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
I found this kinda interesting, on the johnsoncreeksmokejuice site:

"Johnson Creek Original Smoke juice is fully registered with the U.S. Food & Drug Administration pursuant to Section 305 of the United States Public Health and Bioterrorism Act of 2002, P.L. 107-188
Johnson Creek FDA Registration Number: 14732819018"

have no idea what "pursuant to section...bla bla" means.

Me thinks: any Government that bans the sale of e-cig products has no interest in the health aspect, they only want to protect their income stream from tobacco.

Ladsies and gents, we have a winner.:headbang:

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
The reason why we haven't heard anything regarding "bans" on e-cigarettes
out of the FDA ... is because the FDA understands if they would talk about banning ...
Demands for ALL E-cigarette products including nicotine ... Would go through the roof !!
:p

Proposed new gun control legislation in California resulted in gun sales AND concealed carry permits going through the roof...still climbing.

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
Weed is banned here and many people get their hands on it daily. So i am not to concerned about them banning e cigs because legal or not we can most likely get our hands on it. However it would be a shame to make it illegal and have to end up being a criminal because we are bettering ourselves.

The idea is right in front of you...to make criminals out of law abiding citizens. Real criminals are too difficult to go after, which is why we have gangs, drive by shootings, rapes, murders..."Let's go after the smokers and vapors!"

charlieS

Oct 7, 2013
N. California
if they banned ecigs I would end up back on analogs, I enjoy vaping because its a low risk alternative to smoking, but I'm not going to break any laws just to vape.

Back when a town banned outdoor smoking here, I smoked walking down the sidewalk anyway. A waiter at the door of a restaurant told me, "Hey man...you can't smoke in this city." I told him "Call the police" and I kept walking. I will be damned if I will run scared any longer now that I switched to vaping. Enough is enough. People smoke dope on street corners all day long and no one blinks an eye. Smokers and vapors are viewed as criminals? Not in my life. I obey the law, but "illegal vaping" is one law they can shove up their a$$es.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
I'm not so worried that they'll ban e-cigs outright, I think that's actually pretty unlikely, but exorbitant taxing is a major concern of mine; they did it with tobacco, if e-cigs are gradually to replace tobacco, I really hope they don't try charging those types of prices for either the e-juice or the hardware. So yeah, I guess I'm kind of buying more than I really need, and I'm also try to achieve "self sufficiency" ie learning to rebuild coils and make my own liquid.

Maybe if we stopped giving our power to the government. What I mean is that we need to start being our government again. We've allowed the government to be our decision maker, yet WE haven't been our government. After all, isn't that what a government is supposed to be? The people? Be the change you want to see in the world by every means necessary, and remember, you can't be affected by anyone's intentions unless you choose to be. :vapor:

Mousey

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
I'm rather worried that the UK would completely outright ban e-cigs so i'd definately stockpile nicotine, flavourings, pg/vg, mechs, coils, everything. If they don't ban them the tax would be absolutely outrageous, probably similair to the 95% tax that some states in the US are already planning to implement. The black market on it's own would be a considerable threat to tobacco revenue so it would probably be considered a "serious crime" to get nicotine without buying a pack of stinkies or some god awful patches. But in all honesty, i'd use a black market.

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
UK laws re vaping are incredibly lenient right now, but in the worst case scenario, id be more than happy to break the law if vaping is made illegal, not that I think its likely to happen. I think the real threat is when vaping destroys the tobacco industry; our gov'ts make insane money from tobacco - when that cash cow stops flowing, we could be in a situation where a 10 ml bottle of juice
costs the same as a box of ciggarettes.

Last edited:

Vapist

Jan 6, 2010
VA
Prohibition only made the underground rich and powerful. The Mafia came to power in the USA partially due to Prohibition. The ANTZ have learned nothing from history. Analogs are currently legal, but having lived in NYC for years, I always knew what stores to go to where I could buy the "cheap" underground ones ;) The ones with zero tax.

The Puritans are more concerned with enacting the rules of their world view where none of us can enjoy our "habit" than they are learning from history's lessons that prove it just doesn't work to ban .....

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
Exactly. 30's prohibition did nothing more than enable the creation of organized crime as we know it today, and people still drank. Apparantly, the US poisoned alcohol at one point....

Its ironic to think that the government are selling tobacco to it's own people - a drug more toxic to the human body than ......, and with an enormous body count - while demanding harsher regulation or even banning in some cases, of the e-cig - a device blatantly less harmful. Hell, my doctor even congragulated my switch to e-cigs.

I just hope some of these politicians calling for some of the more insane measures are no more than a lunatic fringe minority, and that simple logic and common sense prevail.

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
[QUOTE=Cap'nTripps;1
Its ironic to think that the government are selling tobacco to it's own people - a drug more toxic to the human body than ......, and with an enormous body count - while demanding harsher regulation or even banning in some cases, of the e-cig - a device blatantly less harmful. Hell, my doctor even congragulated my switch to e-cigs."

Well said!

That has been my argument for years,they are quite happy to sit back & take their cut whilst paying lip service to health & safety.
They believe that by plastering explicit images of smokers lungs etc. on packages that they have fulfilled their duty of protecting the population.
It is total hypocrisy:evil:
Bottom line no government wants a 'tobacco ban' it's just too lucrative....full stop! Where will they recoup the lost revenue ?
I'll give you one guess.

Last edited:

Cap'nTripps

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
The South
I'm kinda in a similar situation right now; my grandad's a lifelong heavy smoker, complicated by asbestosis- he has ten % lung capacity and no quality of life. He's tough as they come, they gave him 5 years 12 years ago, but for sure he's on his last legs. It's too late for him, but to me e-cigs could potentially end the damage caused by tobacco once and for all, and should be recognised as such. I read somewhere that if the EU tried their proposed blanket bans years ago, nobody would have batted an eyelid, but because of their popularity, doing so now would cause a massive backlash IMO...

And yeah, printing grisly pictures on cigarette packets just smacks of hypocrisy, that's always really annoyed me, particularly the law that says tobacco products have to be hidden from sight; that's not just hypocrisy-it's more like moral cowardice.

If they were to either ban or hit us with tax hikes, I wonder how they could implement something like that? Like many, I've got plenty of devices, and I'm also trying to learn to re-wick. I can hardly see them banning PG, but I guess they could make nicotine solution either prescription only, or tax it. Seems to me the nicotine solution is the thing to stockpile.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread