Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie W

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2013
'

And yeah, printing grisly pictures on cigarette packets just smacks of hypocrisy, that's always really annoyed me, particularly the law that says tobacco products have to be hidden from sight; that's not just hypocrisy-it's more like moral cowardice.

If they were to either ban or hit us with tax hikes, I wonder how they could implement something like that? Like many, I've got plenty of devices, and I'm also trying to learn to re-wick. I can hardly see them banning PG, but I guess they could make nicotine solution either prescription only, or tax it. Seems to me the nicotine solution is the thing to stockpile.

Kudos to your Grandad :)

Yes I think you're right nicotine will be the 1st thing they restrict cos they surely can't resrict food flavors,
but if the 10ml limit for e liquid stands as it will here in Europe,surely that will include nicotine as well.
So....... great ..we can buy max 20mg in 10ml bottles,super for the environment :evil:
I've already started stockpiling.. I have around 3 litres of 50mg nicotine,& I am now getting into mods having just figured out what they are :D & like you will learn to rewick ...eventually, with the help of ECF
They will never ban batteries, & flavors I have in abundance too.
Basically from what I understand (not much :) ) is most of the equipment we currently use will not comply with new regs in EU
The thing I fear,is the black market which this is surely going to create,thereby taking any form of QC away,particularly on eliquid

Taxes are a certainty in my opinion,they have to claw back the lost revenue from lost tobacco sales & logically
this is the only way they can,both on the equipment & the liquids.
One thing for sure I will never go back to smoking, nor will I be blackmailed into buying BTs new overpriced c**p.:glare:
Sorry if this is not applicable am writing from EU

Last edited:

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
What really makes sense is to join in the activism that is currently in full swing on both sides of the pond. Recently, such losses in some major cities is enough to make many worry about the impending doom of deaming and all the prohibitions potentially coming into play. In the EU please join EVFI https://ec.europa.eu/citizens-initiative/REQ-ECI-2013-000024/public/map.do
Here in the USA Please join: Become a CASAA Member
and LAST BUT NOT LEAST (in three months membership has multiplied and continues at a clip)
Vaping Militia: Become A Militia Member | The Vaping Militia

About the topic would you stockpile?
ANS: Yes, but it isn't going to do much good if the hate campaign, the ignorance and the pharma bought media keep making us look like criminals. I get so angry sometimes :evil: when I think that when they can keep smokers under their thumbs by justifying taxes because smokers are too ... any words will do, but (dumb) to quit.... To their horrified shagrin smokers took it upon themselves to end their enslavement to taxation and the over-rated yet real threat of health risks, finding their own sub-culture and tools to manage a dependency on a behavior that includes the use of a legal substance (nicotine)...... HOW DARE THEY GO AND DO THAT!!! Cutting out the middlemen (big pharma)(big tobacco)(big Health orgs.)(big Government) (big MSA Payments) (Big Tobacco Control)(Big ANTZ) and on.....
We may go underground a lot of will, there is only one real problem then we will constantly need to use in hiding. We won't be allowed to use our mods (that are a pride and joy to many) in public, they will create an atmosphere as bad as Alcohol Prohibition, with Carrie Nations for neighbors and children marching in the streets opposed to TOBACCO... they have very deceptively changed the enemy from SMOKING to TOBACCO and no in between. If it looks like a duck... ? Police state is government encroachment and it's all ready here. So forgive my long winded rambling. Trying to get back to JOIN US.... BECOME ACTIVISTS...... CONTACT YOUR LEGISLATURES, FOLLOW THE LEADERS OF THE GROUPS MENTIONED ABOVE....... sorry, passion gets me going....... We everyone of us is a soldier and we all are in this fight. VAPING IS A FIGHT FOR OUR LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Millions worldwide I think now, close to 8 million Vapers and growing (EXPONENTIALLY):laugh: Thanks to Greg Conley for the word (exponentially) he's an Attorney that fights for us all over the USA.. many may already know this, if you join the movements above as soon as the artic polar vortex is gone back up to the pole and stays there, we are going to see more Truckers in brigades to DC, and many many people tired of the LIES, THIEVERY, AND GREED IN OUR GOVERNMENT. This is only the pre-dawn of Spring/Summer 2014 and together we do and can make a difference. STOCKPILE yes, but live in hiding and look over your shoulder, be busted in your home because nosy neighbors turn you in..... NO WE MUST STAND UP 4 our rights in unity organized and militantly effective. (Both sides of the pond and down under) :rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::rickroll::vapor:

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
You got me to thinking! Here's a smaller one that has a locking door, which might be a consideration if there are small children in the house. (This site has other models too. Check it out.)

CMF151L EdgeStar Compact Medical Freezer With Lock

(Guess I'll have to eat my vegetables after all... :))

With different states chiming in on tax talk and ban, ban, ban going on around the country I get the feeling that we're galloping down the homestretch of what's left of our freedom of purchasing ablity. I've got mods and rebuildable attys out the wazoo, but I'm skimpy on nic storage. So I ended up purchasing this one today(along with another liter of nic). I liked the one that Salemgold posted also, BUT the biggest factor for me was that I needed something extremely compact and I also wanted to separate my nic from my food just to avoid any potential accidents. So, it's done. With the nic purchase today that brings me up to a 5 year supply. I'm going to try and purchase 1-2 liters a month until the freezer is full or the hammer drops.

Likeable

Mar 20, 2014
new jersey
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Duplicate

Moonswanni

ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
The Winner Circle
They won't ban it. There is too much money for them to line their pockets in the form of tax revenue. If they do tax the hell out of it, I'll quit. I refuse to give our corrupt government another penny.

Ironically, people are turning towards ecigs because of the enormous taxes on cigarettes. They created this situation and are now back pedaling.

But what makes me really angry is the arrogance and ignorance of the general public. Imagine if they would be as passionate about air and water pollution which effects everyone on this planet.

Last edited:

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
What if... I hate that phrase. Let's say they do ban 18650 high drain batteries what we use in ecigs, how could someone stockpile those? How long can that type of battery be stored unused??? LOL I think I read they need to be drained first? Can someone tell me if that is possible or not with these batteries... just wondering :nun::glug:

Last edited:

Lisa Belle

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2010
Sylvania, OH
www.lisabelle-artist.com
I am still so amazed at what a wonderful community we vapers are. I just posted this question to Michael Cozzi and I am sure many may know him, he did some great videos on youtube a couple of years back, I watched ever review he did and learned so much from him. Here is what he answered me with....
Lisa... thank you. That's very kind. For practical purposes, lithium ion batteries lose 10% of their charge a month. So you want to store batteries charged, and probably charge them at least every 5 months. As far as will being old make them stop working, eventually yes. However, most of them are good to 300 charge cycles (if not more). So store them charged, recharge every 6 months or so.
Wow great practical advice. Thank YOU Michael. I appreciate this. I will copy and save this info

Spread it around if you like
Sure I will, it's on a lot of people's minds currently. HUGS

I hope this helps others. :vapor:

Joshleeman

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2014
Mailbox waiting
If this was even close to happening it would be impossible to get large bottles of DIY components so youd be stuck buying regualr bottles which would never last. However a ton of substances are illegal in your home country and there still available. I mean how severe would the penalties be? I'd rather risk a small fine than go back to smoking. There never gonna catch all of your packages.

sonicdsl

Wandering life's highway
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Lisa - incredibly doubtful that 18650/18500/18350 loose batteries and the like could be banned/restricted in any fashion as they are not exclusive to ecigs. They are used in flashlights and other applications, and in fact were around LONG before the modern ecig. :)

(Of course never say never, but I try to be hopeful)

jpargana

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
Portugal
How so? you cant tell me that some kid drinking a bottle of e-liquid wouldnt have some serious effects ( not trying to start trouble just trying to understand your reasoning)even right now we have no idea how much nic we are taking with this stuff since there are too many factors that come into play, and i think this is the main concern with the fda imo.

Please, do not help the fantasies and half-truths parroted by those who oppose us, with (not so) covered interests... "The main concern of the FDA" is to kill an industry that has helped millions of people to positively change their lives, BUT, alas, is disrupting the money flow: BigG loves having citizens smoking, to secure a good PROFIT from smoking (Sin taxes, minus the smoke-related, expensive treatments paid to BigP). BigT, obviously, likes having people buying tobacco from them. BigP is the more dangerous of the three: it actually likes people getting ILL from tobacco. The sale of innefective NRT's, even considering that people buy them over and over again in ever-failing quitting attempts, is a petty business for them. The real money comes from said smoke-related, EXPENSIVE treatments paid by BigG. With those three acting and scheming together to secure 'their' money (actually, 'ours'), I must wonder how can there NOT be a war on e-cigarettes! So, do not be fooled for a second into thinking that the 'real' concern here is 'protecting the children' by banning e-liquid to 'avoid domestic accidents'. Besides, the problem with our e-liquids is not as bad as they would have us believe.

Liquid Death From E-Cigarettes? You've Got a Long Way to Go, Baby
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-amy-fairchild/liquid-death-from-ecigare_b_5044145.html

Surelly, there has been an increase in reported cases related to e-liquid, obvioulsly because MORE and more people are using it. Still, a very low number compared to other products, and NO deaths. TOOTHPASTE is actually more dangerous. Is anyone talking about it?

2012 Annual Report of the American Association of Poison Control Centers ’ National Poison Data System (NPDS): 30th Annual Report
https://aapcc.s3.amazonaws.com/pdfs/annual_reports/2012_NPDS_Annual_Report.pdf

On the other hand, the 'problem' should be adressed by the people who have children under their care: if "keep out of reach and sight of children" is enough for a gallon-sized bottle of BLEACH, it SHOULD be enough for our little e-liq bottles! The e-cig industry is the ONLY one being blamed for negligent child care! Do you see anyone crying for a ban on ANY of the products below? Where has the 'concern about the chiiiiiildreeeeen' gone, when it comes to those products? Do you see the double standard?

5 Substances in your home more harmful than e cigarettes
5 Substances in your home more harmful than E-Cigarettes - Knoxville Business | Examiner.com

entoptic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I have already begun stockpiling as my state is poised for a major hike in taxes on e-liquid as well as regulation. with cigarettes at $7.50-$10, I think you can imagine what they have in mind. the proposed 70% tax would effectively ruin the cost effectiveness of vaping for me.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
You can ban E-cigarettes...but you can't really ban, nor regulate flavorings (used by various people in the food industry...lets see how they react), vegetable glycerine (similar argument regarding flavorings), and propylene glycol (which is also used for various things)...I'm glad I make my own juice. I can see them regulating liquid nicotine, but banning it altogether...probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread