If you had $100 to spend with the knowledge that you have now...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
If you lost all your stuff somehow and had to get new stuff and only $100 to spend, what would you get? Obviously, I probably would have saved hundreds of dollars if I knew all that I knew now back then when I was starting out, but unfortunately a lot of us had to spend a lot of money to find out what works for us and what juices we like. I've been a vaper for 4 years now, starting off with the atty/cartridge style skinny penstyle (901?) e-cigs with the light up tips and moved onto dripping attys, cartos, then clearos, tanks, and now I'm finally giving the RBA's a spin. I don't use half of the mods/PVs I own and only about 20% of the hundred bottles of juice I have sitting around (most of which I will probably never use again) and countless attys and clearos that just weren't cutting it for me. I really hope these RBA's will be the end of all of that other than new juice and the occasional treat because I've been spending waaaay too much money on all of this over the years. Just in the past week or so, I've probably spent about $100 in juice, a couple of RBAs, wire, silica to start off with, and some clearos that I wish I hadn't bought because they are pretty meh.

I know some people are rich or have lots of extra funds to spend, but the rest of us could really learn how to spend less to get more and not waste as much!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Last edited:

chesty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2013
Sydney, Australia
i'm a newbe, first buy was a halocig triton and juice, good quality, never leaks, will use it when out and about.
I then went to fasttech, it doesn't have a huge range in mods, but it does have user reviews, for $90ish (compared to $65 for the triton + postage), you can get a well regarded mod with a couple of iclear30s, some really good high current panasonic batteries (sold separately) and a charger.
bang for buck, an innokin itaste mvp for $45 with 2 iclear30s is hard to beat, then you've got $55 to spent in juice.

azzaman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2012
Brisbane, Australia
But if I was really on a budget, had no vape gear and had only $100 to my name.

- build a ghetto bf box mod $20
- drill out the hole of a dripper atomizer $5
- wire $10
- wick $6
- plain e liquid 36mg 200mls $20
- vg 300ml $10
- pouch of tobacco for net $20
- syringe, some cheap bottles and cotton balls $4
- battery and cheap charger $5

Last edited:

bikerbeagle

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Wichita, KS USA
Innokin iTaste MVP2 - $55
Kanger Protank II - $18
5-pack Protank Coils - $6
30ml Juice - $15

$94 (although it would be a little more than $100 with shipping costs). Turn a trick or two, throw in another $10 for silica/wire and, with the exception of ongoing juice purchases, I could keep this set up going pretty much indefinitely (until the MVP battery gives out).

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Well, I know $100 is really cutting it short compared to how some people are willing to spend about $100 just on a mod or high end RBA but the truth is, you can vape for cheap if you can control your urges to buy more stuff! But knowing what you like is important, since no one would buy stuff that they knew they didn't like.

What is the difference between MVP 2 and the original one? I barely use my original MVP even though it's a great mod, only thing is it's size and I prefer smaller mods. But even that detail cost me!

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Well, I know $100 is really cutting it short compared to how some people are willing to spend about $100 just on a mod or high end RBA but the truth is, you can vape for cheap if you can control your urges to buy more stuff! But knowing what you like is important, since no one would buy stuff that they knew they didn't like.

What is the difference between MVP 2 and the original one? I barely use my original MVP even though it's a great mod, only thing is it's size and I prefer smaller mods. But even that detail cost me!

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/463204-mvp-vs-mvp2.html
http://www.healthcabin.net/helpdesk/knowledgebase.php?article=438 <-very good write up here

Baldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2011
Dallas, Tx
I'd get :

an eGo charger and wall plug ($13.00)

a Kanger Protank II, ($21.95)

and two 1300 mah Vision Spinners. (24.95 each)

These prices are based on myvaporstore.com. Total there is 84.85. That leaves $15 which would go into juice.

And I'd be planning on buying more juice, and replacement atomizers, soon after.

This is essentially what I'm vaping with now. I have other stuff. For example, a lavatube, a Buzz Pro, a cheap VV box mod. I've used various carto's and tanks, and still have misc stuff. But what I'm using is a 1300mah Vision Spinner and a Protank.

I have more than 2 of the batteries, and I have a bunch of chargers. 2 at home, 2 at my GF's house, one in the car. I believe in backups, and I often want to charge 2 batteries at a time. But to get started for $100, you can get a charger, 2 batteries, a Protank, and a bottle of juice.

Last edited:

KjAthena

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Tampa Bay
$15.66 650mAh/900mAh/1300mAh Rechargeable Batteries for Ego E-Cigarette (3-Pack) - red / USB charging cable at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
$15.24 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Round Mouth Atomizer (1.5mL) 7-pack - 2.6
$4.09 EVOD Electronic Cigarettes Atomizer Heating Core (5-Pack) 5-pack - 1.8
$2.38 USB Charger for EGO Electronic Cigarette - cable length 25cm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
3pk ego knock offs with charger 15.56
7pk evod knock offs 15.24
5pk knock off coils 4.09
extra charger 2.37

Aiv juices 54.98

bit o everything...3MG of 16 flavors
15 foot Falls....15 ML
april moon ......18ML

total 92.24 shipped so 7.50 to buy VG and PG at drugstore and hobby lobby to stretch juice adjust nic levels
$2.99 for VG at wally world and $4 for PG at hobby lobby

may be a few cents shrt on tax...but will not run out for at least 2 months

so can save to upgrade...quantity would be paramount to keep me off smokes
VV is nice but not essential and I need variety on juices

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
$100 wouldn't really cut it. Would have to resort to a mechanical clonebaby. Top it with an Aga T2. Couple sheets of SS mesh and 50 feet of Kanthal 28 awg. A handful of batteries. 100ml 52mg nic base and a couple of Mom&Pops concentrates.

... and one might just barely squeeze in a decent charger and maybe a cheap dripper.

Or just make it easy and buy as many Spinner / Protank2 combos $100 would get you along with the 100ml etc. Would be better for "backups", but then again I trust a semi-decent mech and an Aga more than even a handful of ego batteries and clearos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread