If you quit smoking for better health, your mod choices just went down from 1000's to about 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Govols

Jan 15, 2015
Tennessee
It's not actually temperature control. The device reads the change in resistance as the coil heats up. Nickel wire has a fairly high temperature coefficient (the resistance changes a good amount with temperature). Nichrome and Kanthal have lower temperature coefficients, so the change in resistance would be harder to measure for these wires.

An IR sensor would be a great way to control the temperature, except I can't think of a way to do it where it wouldn't get all fogged up by the pg/vg. Perhaps a thermocouple interwoven with the coil?

I think you just nailed it....That would allow you to use whatever wire you wanedt as long as the technology was built into it. Somebody ought to run with that.

Govols

Jan 15, 2015
Tennessee
One of Evolv`s design requirements was that the temperature limiting work with existing atomizers.

Yep. Would be of no value otherwise. I"m trying to decide on one now. I heard some were having chip issues (but I also heard those are now resolved ). I also wonder if Nickel is the right thing for a beginner in rta's (me) to try and learn on.

BluzKing

Verified Member
Jan 20, 2015
Houston, TX
"Over a long enough time span, the survival rate for humans drops to zero." Tyler Durden, Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk, Writer)

Here's what I know...something's gonna get ya, eventually, one way or another. Let's just fight to keep our freedoms, and our rights to do whatever we please, even if it's stupid. Give me solid, sure, proven information and then step back. I'm a grown ... man. Just don't feed me bullsh_t...I am very familiar with that smell.

Govols

Jan 15, 2015
Tennessee
"Over a long enough time span, the survival rate for humans drops to zero." Tyler Durden, Fight Club (Chuck Palahniuk, Writer)

Here's what I know...something's gonna get ya, eventually, one way or another. Let's just fight to keep our freedoms, and our rights to do whatever we please, even if it's stupid. Give me solid, sure, proven information and then step back. I'm a grown ... man. Just don't feed me bullsh_t...I am very familiar with that smell.

Yep...Don't even get me started on the full court press against freedoms on multiple levels. The thing about vaping is that it has the potential to be close to flawless as far as I can tell. Look at how much it's advanced in the past 2 years alone. Juice makers can lab test juice and then add or subtract elements from it, and now we have the Temp control studies underway. The other thing that should impress most objective people in my opinion is the way that Vapers seems to "self govern" by getting the word out when something can be made better. It's not a perfect science yet....but it has the potential to be.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
The FDA is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety, tobacco products, dietary supplements, prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs (medications), vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, blood transfusions, medical devices, electromagnetic radiation emitting devices (ERED), cosmetics, animal foods & feed[5] and veterinary products.

This is a US agency that has the task to protect people. Why are some vapers afraid of it?
If FDA finds something wrong in vaping then you should be glad they are protecting you, right?
The only thing that I may have against FDA or any other agency similar to it from other countries is that they didn’t yet ban smokes. Other than that, I don’t see anything wrong with the FDA censoring or at least regulating vaping IF there’s anything bad with vaping. You people should be glad they do it if it were the case off course.

Most vapers here do it because they need to. It seems safer than smokes. For me, discussing how nice and cool clouds and flavors are is like bragging about the latest insulin shot gear and how cool it is to do it.

To understand why people are against the FDA it might be better to have a little perspective on the issue. The FDA's job is to regulate, it just so happens they are in bed with the very same industries they are supposed to be regulating. The FDA instates policy that benefits large corporations, often to the harm or disadvantage of the public, and then the people who helped make that policy quickly go work for the corporation they were previously "regulating".

I'm sure you're familiar with the concept of "conflict of interest" but if not, the FDA is a perfect example. Google "FDA Revolving door" for further reading if you are really interested in the corruption of the FDA. Look into how many food additives that are proven to be dangerous are allowed in our food supply because of corruption during the FDA approval process. Look into incredibly helpful drugs that the FDA refuses to allow if you want to know how much the FDA cares about the American public.

There is a drug right now that can literally cure severe drug addiction with minimal to no side effects that the FDA refuses to allow in this country. They spend massive amounts of time and money to run sting operations to bust people selling.... Raw Milk! GASP! Oh the horror!

Simply put, they have no credibility. They are basically owned by large pharmaceutical and agricultural companies and do their bidding. They have a long track record of not acting in the best interest of the American public so you can't blame vapers for refusing to trust them when it comes to their ideas about vaping.

I truly do not mean this as an insult but your ideas about the FDA are incredibly naive, they simply are NOT in the business of protecting anybody, they are in the business of being a stepping stone for people who want to get high paying cushy jobs in certain industries.

There may also be some cultural rift here that makes our stance hard to understand, but there are still plenty of people here in the US that truly value freedom and don't just use it as a buzzword. We are supposed to be free adults, the government has no right telling us what we can or cannot do as long as we aren't violating anyone's rights.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread