If you quit smoking for better health, your mod choices just went down from 1000's to about 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alto101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2012
North Carolina
You can't go on this premise. It's wrong. You are using facts outside your control to justify your behaviour. You are shifting responsibility to them, absolving yourself.

Well, this is where you should understand that that's exactly what you are doing. You are educating. Here. On this forum. That's what we all do when we post.
We are sharing information, that other people might resonate with. Once again, don't shift the responsibility of your words written on this forum. Kids these days pick up more from the internet than from home (sadly). And all of the people involved in this community are responsible for the general idea that comes out of vaping. Each one of you contributes a bit, an idea, some phrases that could determine someone else to do something. To decide to NOT pick up vaping, even if they don't smoke. To decide to buy that product, or this flavour.

This is a forum for vaping - many who come here to post are vaping enthusiasts! I am not in not in favor of anything that you have posted and you will not find much support here. As long as the discussions of vaping that happen on this forum are not obviously unsafe, the talk should continue unabated. I am a big believer in personal responsibility. It is not my responsibility to prevent some kid who reads this forum from vaping. If they are a current smoker or are considering smoking, I would actually advise them to use vaping as an alternative to smoking.

Personal responsibility is what is needed, not the government or any other organization playing nanny.

Dyanne

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Queensland, Australia
I raised 2 children both do not smoke or vape. I am proud of them, one is a carpenter and the other is a speech pathologist. Yes they see me vape and they are glad I quit and started vaping instead. Just because I vape has not made my kids want to vape, why should my vaping be blamed for every other kid out there vaping when my own two kids were not influenced by my bad habits..

dravell

Jul 29, 2014
United States
You can't go on this premise. It's wrong. You are using facts outside your control to justify your behaviour. You are shifting responsibility to them, absolving yourself.

Well, this is where you should understand that that's exactly what you are doing. You are educating. Here. On this forum. That's what we all do when we post.
We are sharing information, that other people might resonate with. Once again, don't shift the responsibility of your words written on this forum. Kids these days pick up more from the internet than from home (sadly). And all of the people involved in this community are responsible for the general idea that comes out of vaping. Each one of you contributes a bit, an idea, some phrases that could determine someone else to do something. To decide to NOT pick up vaping, even if they don't smoke. To decide to buy that product, or this flavour.

Yeah, sorry man but thats rubbish. Thats like saying im responsible for teenage gang members shooting people because I post on gun forums.
Im a firm believer in personal responsibility, im not responsible for anyones actions other than my own.
Car forums dont make teenagers race and crash either.

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
bob08, be honest. Where did you get your vaping degree?

Since you have placed yourself as not only some kind of moral authority, but as one so wise in all things concerning vaping, how about providing your list of approved devices, juices and power so that those who read this and want to be in compliance will have the guide.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
"Vaping does not have to be a method to quit smoking. Vaping can replace smoking." - It could replace smoking, yes. You don't understand what I'm trying to get across.

Oh, I think everyone here has you figured out. Don't think they have the right term to use for you though.

See... in the shooting community, we call someone like you a "Fud". One who believes the ONLY legitimate purpose of a firarme is the one THEY use it for, and everyone else is wrong, irresponsible, and deluded.

Vaping is at the moment an alternative that SEEMS safer. Given it's status as not being researched fully, I don't condone recommending it so easily. Sure, if a smoker has no other option of quitting, and vaping seems to be the way, by all means, vape!!!! I do it for crying out loud, as I can't do it any other way. Do you understand?

Yes, we do. Do you understand that, as free adults, some of us choose to vape because we like it? And we have every right to do so?

I don't agree with recommending it as a life style, so freely. It's not right. You can present it as an alternative, not as the most awesome thing out there. You could do that, from a moral point of view, after it has been researched

So don't recommend it as a lifestyle. That is your choice. But quit preaching your version of "morality" on everyone else in the community.

Newsflash: there are almost no moral absolutes in the world
Now, do you see my point?

I think we all see your point better than you do

bob808

Dec 19, 2014
Romania
Down with "nanny-states", do-gooders / left-liberals, and pushers of forced belief systems. They have done enough harm already.

Sorry, I can't write a proper answer as I'm on the go right now. But what the hell are you talking about? Did you see the discussion before replying? I have no political belief. I don't care about that. I also have no ideology. Just common sense and a slight grasp of history and human mistakes.
You raise your pitch and forks to those who challenge your views without taking a moment to think.
Will be back later with a proper reply.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Attack the post not the poster. Thank you :)

readeuler

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2014
Ohio, USA
I will not be meek about my vaping.

I vape around 60 watts on a mech, because it's cheap, and I like it. If something is off, I can tell, and I fix it. I use flavors that contain things others avoid, again, because I like it (Notice all the things I take responsibility for, even though "I learned it from you, ECF!!").

I'll recommend vaping to whomever I choose, because that's my choice - just like it's their choice to start doing anything they haven't done in the past, be it vaping, smoking, taking the latest FDA approved drug, or zapping themselves with electricity with the belief that if kills bodily parasites (that one cracks me up, but knock yourself out, I say). I will never discourage any adults, or smokers, from trying vaping.

If you want to box yourself into the "I think vaping should be this, and I think vapers should do this and think like that" corner, that's cool too. But that seems awfully close to how the FDA, WHO, CDC, RJWF, and the rest of the alphabet soup thinks.

But I guess like Atlas, they too have the weight of the world on their shoulders, and just want what's best from for me.

Dyanne

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Queensland, Australia
Sorry, I can't write a proper answer as I'm on the go right now. But what the hell are you talking about? Did you see the discussion before replying? I have no political belief. I don't care about that. I also have no ideology. Just common sense and a slight grasp of history and human mistakes.
You raise your pitch and forks to those who challenge your views without taking a moment to think.
Will be back later with a proper reply.
Don't Rush none of your replies make sense anyway.

bob808

Dec 19, 2014
Romania
I am absolutely NOT responsible for OTHER people's choices including teens simply because I vape. That's like saying I am responsible for teen suicide because I take antidepressants for depression. What a load of crap! Feel free to spread your fear for teens vaping on the teen threads. Telling ADULT ex smokers who vape to save their lives about your fears for teens is pointless.

I am not saying that. You either don't understand what I said, or can't express yourself.
If you need to take anti-depressants, I understand. If you feel like bragging about taking anti-depressants, while showing different eccentric methods of taking them, stating that it's almost healthy and how nice it feels then yes, I have a problem.
The thing about free speech is that anyone can chime in, and there's nothing stopping me from bashing you, if I do it in a civilised manner and have a valid point.

bob808

Dec 19, 2014
Romania
Yeah, sorry man but thats rubbish. Thats like saying im responsible for teenage gang members shooting people because I post on gun forums.
Im a firm believer in personal responsibility, im not responsible for anyones actions other than my own.
Car forums dont make teenagers race and crash either.

Car forums may determine teenagers to race at high speeds and crash, if that sort of behaviour is presented as being "cool". You should know that.

bob808

Dec 19, 2014
Romania
bob08, be honest. Where did you get your vaping degree?

Since you have placed yourself as not only some kind of moral authority, but as one so wise in all things concerning vaping, how about providing your list of approved devices, juices and power so that those who read this and want to be in compliance will have the guide.

I don't need a vaping degree to share my view.
I am by no means a moral authority. I smoked, and now I vape, even though it's not yet considered safe from a medical point of view. There's a suspicion that it might be safe, considering the amount of chemicals inhaled (the ones from flavours) I think it's proper to say that you might "suspect" that it's safe.
I am not presenting a list of approved devices nor juices. I'm just promoting caution.
The OP made the mistake of promoting one thing or another. By logical deduction, one could assume that the safest bet would be to vape VG at low power. I can state that without a degree, by the right of free speech that others are using stating irresponsible facts.

bob808

Dec 19, 2014
Romania
Oh, I think everyone here has you figured out. Don't think they have the right term to use for you though.

See... in the shooting community, we call someone like you a "Fud". One who believes the ONLY legitimate purpose of a firarme is the one THEY use it for, and everyone else is wrong, irresponsible, and deluded.

Yes, we do. Do you understand that, as free adults, some of us choose to vape because we like it? And we have every right to do so?

So don't recommend it as a lifestyle. That is your choice. But quit preaching your version of "morality" on everyone else in the community.

Newsflash: there are almost no moral absolutes in the world

I think we all see your point better than you do

You can call me whatever you like. I usually don't mind that. I understand the need to though.
I also can understand that you are mature enough to take responsibility for what you are doing. You have every right to do whatever you wish with yourself. There's no one denying that.
Morality is not a thing to be debated on such a forum. Suffice to say that (hopefully) most people around here understand it.

Down with "nanny-states", do-gooders / left-liberals, and pushers of forced belief systems. They have done enough harm already.

I still don’t understand this post. I am sorry. I have no tangent with politics, and I am not from US if that’s any help.

{MODERATED}

Also sorry for you backing out of the discussion. I really appreciate all input as this way, anyone else reading this post has more opinions available and could make a more informed decision.
I really wish other people not backing out, and invite more readers to have a written opinion.
If you’re decent that is.

I will not be meek about my vaping.

I vape around 60 watts on a mech, because it's cheap, and I like it. If something is off, I can tell, and I fix it. I use flavors that contain things others avoid, again, because I like it (Notice all the things I take responsibility for, even though "I learned it from you, ECF!!").

I'll recommend vaping to whomever I choose, because that's my choice - just like it's their choice to start doing anything they haven't done in the past, be it vaping, smoking, taking the latest FDA approved drug, or zapping themselves with electricity with the belief that if kills bodily parasites (that one cracks me up, but knock yourself out, I say). I will never discourage any adults, or smokers, from trying vaping.

If you want to box yourself into the "I think vaping should be this, and I think vapers should do this and think like that" corner, that's cool too. But that seems awfully close to how the FDA, WHO, CDC, RJWF, and the rest of the alphabet soup thinks.

But I guess like Atlas, they too have the weight of the world on their shoulders, and just want what's best from for me.

I keep reading about FDA, and I don’t know what that is. Let me look that up.
……………………………………………..
Interesting:

The FDA is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety, tobacco products, dietary supplements, prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs (medications), vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, blood transfusions, medical devices, electromagnetic radiation emitting devices (ERED), cosmetics, animal foods & feed[5] and veterinary products.

This is a US agency that has the task to protect people. Why are some vapers afraid of it?
If FDA finds something wrong in vaping then you should be glad they are protecting you, right?
The only thing that I may have against FDA or any other agency similar to it from other countries is that they didn’t yet ban smokes. Other than that, I don’t see anything wrong with the FDA censoring or at least regulating vaping IF there’s anything bad with vaping. You people should be glad they do it if it were the case off course.

Don't Rush none of your replies make sense anyway.

Trust me, I’m really trying but seems hard with some folks.

And therein lies the problem: your "valid point" is that we are somehow responsible for the actions of others.

I am responsible for myself, and my kid. Nobody else.

Congratulations: you sir are the first person I have ever set to "ignore" in the 20+ years I've been on the net.

Yes, I understand your frustration. But it seems a bit excessive to ban someone because they have a different point of view than yourself.
Me, I would just ban people that would use a very colored language. As long as we keep the discussion civilized I have no issue with a proper dialogue.

My action of posting here now has a single important purpose. So there is dialogue, ideas shared so other people have more than one point of view.

Most vapers here do it because they need to. It seems safer than smokes. For me, discussing how nice and cool clouds and flavors are is like bragging about the latest insulin shot gear and how cool it is to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Circa Survivor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2014
Omaha, NE
Most vapers here do it because they need to. It seems safer than smokes. For me, discussing how nice and cool clouds and flavors are is like bragging about the latest insulin shot gear and how cool it is to do it.

It is. Seriously, there have been enough studies done to prove that it is safer. I don't understand how anyone can think that it could have any of the same ill effects as tobacco cigarettes.

bob808

Dec 19, 2014
Romania
It is. Seriously, there have been enough studies done to prove that it is safer. I don't understand how anyone can think that it could have any of the same ill effects as tobacco cigarettes.

I did not ever state that e-cigs might be on the same level with regular smokes. I said that they shouldn't be considered healthy yet.
I (we) presume they are healthier than cigs because they don't have the same short term effect on us. It also doesn't show up on x-rays as tar does.
That thou is not a way to deduce they are healthy.
Back in the day when they promoted smokes, they have also done short term tests and said they are ok.
It was only after 30 years that an individual could find out he will live 20 years less.
Once again, like myself, I recommend vaping to someone who can't quit smoking on his/her own will. Seems safer, feels nicer.
I DO NOT recommend it AT ALL to anyone that is not smoking. I also don't recommend it to anyone else that is vaping, I'm just saying they should quit vaping if they can of-course until further research is done.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
I am not saying that. You either don't understand what I said, or can't express yourself.
If you need to take anti-depressants, I understand. If you feel like bragging about taking anti-depressants, while showing different eccentric methods of taking them, stating that it's almost healthy and how nice it feels then yes, I have a problem.
The thing about free speech is that anyone can chime in, and there's nothing stopping me from bashing you, if I do it in a civilised manner and have a valid point.

No.

You cannot bash anyone. You can debate a point of a post but you may never bash anyone. Period.

This section of the forum is for those that have an interest in this equipment. This is NOT the place to discuss what is a correct way to vape at what age etc...

Point of fact: Underage people are not allowed on the forum. Period. The forum is for those that are 18 years old and up.

bob808

Dec 19, 2014
Romania
You are right, maybe bashing is a hard word. Anyway, the "bashing" was civilised.
Also another right point is that we went off topic. This was not the right thread nor area of forum for this kind of discussion.
As a last point, yes, underage people are not allowed on this forum, even if there's no real way of controlling that. I wanted to present my ideas for the ones that are also making youtube videos and are activating on this forum as well.
I shall open a new thread. Sorry for the trouble mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread