If you quit smoking for better health, your mod choices just went down from 1000's to about 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA
Since the ignore function isn't working on this...

This is a US agency that has the task to protect people. Why are some vapers afraid of it?
If FDA finds something wrong in vaping then you should be glad they are protecting you, right?

Wrong. Dead wrong.

It is not government's place to decide what's "good for me". Publish risk findings, sure. Warnings? Cool.

Tell me I'm not allowed to use device X or substance Y? Sorry, you have overstepped.

I'm sure it;s different in Romania. Here, we've fought a couple wars over telling the government to leave us alone as much as possible. And some of us take that VERY seriously

Augmented Dog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2014
Philadelphia, PA USA
I keep reading about FDA, and I don’t know what that is. Let me look that up.
……………………………………………..
Interesting:

The FDA is responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety, tobacco products, dietary supplements, prescription and over-the-counter pharmaceutical drugs (medications), vaccines, biopharmaceuticals, blood transfusions, medical devices, electromagnetic radiation emitting devices (ERED), cosmetics, animal foods & feed[5] and veterinary products.

This is a US agency that has the task to protect people. Why are some vapers afraid of it?
If FDA finds something wrong in vaping then you should be glad they are protecting you, right?
The only thing that I may have against FDA or any other agency similar to it from other countries is that they didn’t yet ban smokes. Other than that, I don’t see anything wrong with the FDA censoring or at least regulating vaping IF there’s anything bad with vaping. You people should be glad they do it if it were the case off course.

Trust me, I’m really trying but seems hard with some folks.

Yes, I understand your frustration. But it seems a bit excessive to ban someone because they have a different point of view than yourself.
Me, I would just ban people that would use a very colored language. As long as we keep the discussion civilized I have no issue with a proper dialogue.

My action of posting here now has a single important purpose. So there is dialogue, ideas shared so other people have more than one point of view.

Most vapers here do it because they need to. It seems safer than smokes. For me, discussing how nice and cool clouds and flavors are is like bragging about the latest insulin shot gear and how cool it is to do it.

The FDA, like most federal govt. agencies is NOT independent of political motivation - although it is supposed to be.
Many of the decisions and positions the agency enforces and promotes are politically motivated, not motivated by actual public safety, but manipulated to create the appearance of public concern.
In their history, they've done much that was genuinely beneficial to the public welfare. At the same time, they can be and are heavily influenced by corporate and political pressure and will often defer to that pressure - for good, or Ill regardless of supporting fact.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Watch what you ask for! My friend and working partner died in his sleep last Saturday at 52 years young. He did not even know he was sick. We were out working the day before. Never said anything to his wife about not feeling well either.

This doesn't relate that much to the thread at hand but it's very important so i am going to say it anyway since health is being discussed . This is all factual information as well and i see it happen regularly these days when it can be prevented so here go's.

Actually these days most fatal heart attacks happen in people in their early 30's to mid 40's , it's sad but makes sense actually as a ton of them still shun the doctors office and most still feel they are fine and too young to worry about it.

Can't even remember how many i new who died in their 30's and 40's , all i will say is a lot , and 98% were found to suffer from either high cholesterol, high blood pressure an enlarged heart or a fatty liver but most had a combination of these things.

Bottom line , put the ego in your pocket , get checked out early , don't think your invincible because there are rarely warning signs before it's too late . If you have a wife and kids you owe it to them if not doing it for yourself.

Take care folks

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I don't think many Americans who have lived here their entire lives have any idea what it is like to live under authoritarian rule- like the Czechs and Romanians have. Both fought for their freedom- in our generation; one through a peaceful revolution; the other through violence...

I really don't understand why some don't want any regulation at all. Everything is regulated, to an extent- even air and water...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
I don't think many Americans who have lived here their entire lives have any idea what it is like to live under authoritarian rule- like the Czechs and Romanians have. Both fought for their freedom- in our generation; one through a peaceful revolution; the other through violence...

I really don't understand why some don't want any regulation at all. Everything is regulated, to an extent- even air and water...

I suppose it might not be so bad if we had any assurance that the regulations would actually make sense, and allow us to continue vaping pretty much as we have, with a wide open market, but our politicians and other assorted imbeciles and control-freaks who work for the gov't don't have the first clue about anything; they're talking heads, stuffed shirts, and the real business of this country happens in back offices, restaurant, and bars, by those who are motivated solely by their own bottom line. If we could trust our gov't to ACTUALLY have our best interests at heart, then I'm sure we'd all feel rather differently, but our so-called leaders have proven themselves to be ignorant putzes, with very few exceptions, who don't care about anything except money and their next election.

Andria

Dyanne

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Queensland, Australia
I don't mind regulation especially if it keeps us safe with gear purchases that wont blow up etc. I just took great exception to being told I am responsible for the rest of the worlds kids because I chose to give up smoking using this method. I am responsible for myself and my own children and family (and my kids turned out very well I add proudly).

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Young boys get pretty easily hooked on high tech gear, having the newest toy out there and pumping clouds so they could impress their friends.
I may be sort of an idealist, but shouldn't excess use be frowned upon? Like making the latest quadruple coil builds for blowing HUGE clouds? Or getting the maximum flavour? Especially when almost no one on this site knows the chemicals used for flavouring? (sure, there are a couple that could jump in and write the chemical formula but you're very few, please relax).
I am a biker, and also active on some bikers forums. And there are excesses as well, like people riding on one wheel, or riding real fast splitting lanes. While it may seem cool (like blowing huge clouds with chemicals that are not fully researched) they usually are getting slapped by the community if they try to post such crap.
I can understand the need to vape, I understand the talk about gear that could be more efficient in helping you stay off smokes. Like lighter gear, packs more energy, battery keep up for longer days, larger tanks for liquid (to keep you less busy through a busy day), less intrusive etc. Yes, I can understand that, and it's good talk.
But high watts, 10 coils in parallel, unknown chemicals as flavours, that I don't get. It shouldn't be so easily presented, and the community should think about these things. About how vaping comes across to the other side.

Face it Bob your a "my way or the highway" idealist and your spouting half truths. You say no one knows the chemicals in flavor a and that's not true. They are well known and APPROVED by the FDA for use in everything from food to flavored cigars(which is similar to how vaping uses them) Also if you look all over the forums you will see most of us advising new Vapers against super sub ohm cloud chasing and going out and speaking against shops that push this sort of thing without pushing safety as bad for vaping as a whole. You seem to be chastising the vaping community as a whole with gross generalizations without knowing the community itself. Pop into the sub ohm section or any thread talking about the extreme side of vaping and read before making your generalizations

flog

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2014
zachary, la
Finally got to the end of this discussion, lot's of hate, lot's of good discussion.

bob808, I see your point with the non-smokers thinking this is a cool healthy vice and about vaping being not quantized on it's health aspects.

AndriaD, tough ol gal who knows what she wants.

and Silver eye's, glad ya stopped posting.

Hope all had a great Christmas and a fantastic new year.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Finally got to the end of this discussion, lot's of hate, lot's of good discussion.

bob808, I see your point with the non-smokers thinking this is a cool healthy vice and about vaping being not quantized on it's health aspects.

AndriaD, tough ol gal who knows what she wants.

and Silver eye's, glad ya stopped posting.

Hope all had a great Christmas and a fantastic new year.

I'm insulted. I dunno if I'm tough, but I'm definitely not an "ol gal". And all I really want is for dogmatic control-freak to sweep around their own backdoor and leave mine and everyone else's alone, since it's none of their affair.

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
No, you're a southerner and down here our momma's still teach us to say yes ma'am, no ma'am, please and thank you. :toast:

Mamas, grandmothers, aunts... etc. If I called my mom an "ol gal" I'm sure she'd slap me. Once she managed to get up out of her wheelchair. :D And for that insult, I'm quite sure she WOULD get up!

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread