Ikenvapers Chat (the door is open for EVERYBODY! Come on in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Easy on the Sir. You'll have me thinkin I'm portant
Because you are Sir J5! Today is the big day! I hope everything goes ok. I mean I know it will and it sucks that it has to happen but know we're in your corner my friend.
Thank You Fran.

It was nice having Isaac in his house today. I hope we see more of him here too.
Oh and maybe Bovinia will stop in too one of these days. LOL
Well J5, I always looked at this beautiful home where our dear friends reside as the goal of the day, much more like a reward, then at one point I felt like I was just killing threads and conversation, then both worlds collided. I needed a different train of thought on both fronts. This IKV family is where I love to be and my family is where I love to be. My kiddies and missus I make certain to have time for at the end of the day. Basically I Take that time, so why treat our home as an accomplishment and not just Take that time? Know what I mean?

I had mine in a drawer for a while too. Was skeered to try it. But, finally tried it and it works and is fun! But, always have a loaded, tanked fusion on hand! :) (and good morning!!!)

Welcome back Wharf!! Nice break, eh??

I missed Issac!!! How are you buddy? You didn't answer my question about rebuildables. If you design one it will be the ultimate!!!

5C I sure hope you get your patch OFF soon! Best of luck (and prayers your way) with that.
I'm sorry Pizza! I mulled this over for more than a year! At this point I think I am procrastinating. It's mainly all the in depth support of the concept and the fact that I can't see the logic in it. I have a good amount of RBA devices here along with a few different type of coils and mesh to sell but by the time I'm blow torching one for preparation I think to myself, why? Toss a carto in a tank, fill and done. I have to get out of this concept of mind and focus on "it's because people want to do this" tinkering is fun but I can't comply with putting people through it. When I present a tank or feeding device I already get uncomfortable eyes from people. I don't know. I won't give up on you Pizza!

You can become an 8er's fan with me then :D

Luckily (relatively) the original break was a disaster. Pretty much shattered the talus. So the rebreak isn't nearly as bad. First time around it was something like 7 or 8 weeks in a wheelchair - which the amplitude of suck was 10x worse living in a split level where the bathroom was down 2 flights of stairs & the rest of the living area was upstairs. I have EMT-B training, so I knew right away what was going on with it - I just hairlined a couple of the old breaks that didn't heal right. I skipped the pricey pictures for them to tell me what I already know & dug out the walking cast & cane instead. Downside... no good pills :glare:.

I never tried out Amazon Prime, the Hulu commercials drive me insane & NetFlix is already paid for... even though they keep making their service worse with unnecessary 'upgrades' & new features. Oh well, I've got about 200 things saved to my 'To Watch' list, so I'm keeping myself busy between naps. :)
Are you kidding? The 8er's are the greatest of all time.! :laugh: Man Oz! Your a trooper buddy! I can't imagine what those weeks had to feel like! And to fix it up yourself is amazing. Good for you man.

I use prime for shopping more or less. The prices for common everyday things are unimaginable plus free 2 day shipping without the hassles of leaving the house and the bonus of free movies **this ad has been brought to by Amazon ** :D

Check out Better often on Netflix hilarious quirky sitcom that got cancelled by timing negligence on ABCs part.

Do any of you agree that the 35mm platinums hit way harder than the 45mm or is it just me? I mean way harder.
Yes sir! You are not crazy lol less difference traveled. A few awesome customers were telling us about the new mini cartomizers. We started working on them. I can't wait for the prototypes!

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Oz I hope you heal soon. I've had both my arms broke, nose more than once, fingers, and a fractured scull that had me in a coma for a month but I think a foot would hurt worse and harder to heal than any of them.
Jesus Johnny! That's a hell of a life! Thankfully I never broke anything. In 06 I got 4 of my tenants sliced in my hand and had to get then fused back together, through out my life I had about maybe a dozen stitches consecutively but again nothing to you guys!
frannie and Oz have read about this before, but I'll share it here, as well...

I managed to destroy my tibia twice in four months. :blush: Lotsa hardware packed into one bone and I haven't walked since 10/6/2013.

Even then, there is no way I would want a broken ankle!!! :ohmy:
lol I had to look that one up! And I'm 99% sure that you weren't talking about an online massive free multiplayer! God that had to be painful. How did ya do it Mad?

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Isaac You Are THE MAN and we all love you dearly.

To that I add it's always a special time when you're here and I could't imagine you killing a thread. I used to think I did because if you look most days they all end with my post but I got over that.
Thank you for the good thoughts about today but it's an easy procedure. My brother had his tendons sliced one time by running his hand through a window. Bad Idea.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Yes sir! You are not crazy lol less difference traveled. A few awesome customers were telling us about the new mini cartomizers. We started working on them. I can't wait for the prototypes!

That is good to hear. The 35mm platinums are just amazing.

These minis wouldn't happen to be about 19.8mm tall would they? They would fit IBTanked's hafling tube nicely if they were... haha

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I'm sorry Pizza! I mulled this over for more than a year! At this point I think I am procrastinating. It's mainly all the in depth support of the concept and the fact that I can't see the logic in it. I have a good amount of RBA devices here along with a few different type of coils and mesh to sell but by the time I'm blow torching one for preparation I think to myself, why? Toss a carto in a tank, fill and done. I have to get out of this concept of mind and focus on "it's because people want to do this" tinkering is fun but I can't comply with putting people through it. When I present a tank or feeding device I already get uncomfortable eyes from people. I don't know. I won't give up on you Pizza!
There's Isaac!! Undersood buddy. Nothing like slapping it in a tank. Fill-n-go!!! And you are the master at it. Somebody said Find one thing (things in this case) you love and do well and still with that and you will succeed. This is you brother!!!

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
This is the day for horror stories, eh? Hope you feel better soon Oz And 5C!!!

Here's mine... Hit my head in the bottom of a concrete pool at 11 or 12. Fractured 3 vertabrae. Thank GOD I'm moving and walking today. I called my mom to take me home just because my head hurt so bad and for some reason she just had a feeling. Had me lay in the back seat and took me to hospital. God was guiding her.

Anyway, the pain wasn't so bad. But, imagine this.. First, an almost teen flat on a hospital bed for 10 days not able to move for nothing. then it got worse!. I grew up in MO. Anybody have a clue of the heat and humidity there? In the mid to end of summer I was in a hard body cast from my waste to the top of the back of my head. Ugh!! And can you imagin how I smelled? :) I can still remember my grandma filling up my cast with baby powder or something. Everytime I moved puffs of clouds came out. :D

Now for the painful one, about 10 years back I broke my sternum in a car wreck. painful, but livable... kind of like broken ribs. Then I got bronchitus Now that was miserable!!!! Deep hacking coughs.....busted that pain right out to unbearable. Nothing helped except a bottle.

I broke a fingernail once too!!! But guys don't complain about that.

I sure hope you guys get well soon.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
That is good to hear. The 35mm platinums are just amazing.

These minis wouldn't happen to be about 19.8mm tall would they? They would fit IBTanked's hafling tube nicely if they were... haha
Yes sir they are and yes sir they would. A good amount of folks also use them for dripping. So that means we would probably have to start with 4 variations of it. I'm thinking after the next batch arrives in about a week which should have the prortypes on board. We can open pre-orders as the good guys said on the other thread a short while ago. The issue is that Corecommrce's platform doesn't carry this feature. So I was thinking on making a category on the site labeled PRE-ORDER and copy and pasting product listings into them. It's the general idea at least. I just have to think it through a little more so we don't get too confused or cause slowdowns.

There's Isaac!! Undersood buddy. Nothing like slapping it in a tank. Fill-n-go!!! And you are the master at it. Somebody said Find one thing (things in this case) you love and do well and still with that and you will succeed. This is you brother!!!

Hey buddy! Right! but again there is still a market for it. I wish I had that business mindset. It just comes down to I have to have belief in the type of product to endorse it. Haha Good quote btw! I tell customers that all the time and encourage them not to buy needless stuff to experiment on once they find their saving grace. But the human mind is always on the grass could be greener on other side. Which can be true as life is all about risk, but sometimes it just feels right to try and halt the inevitable rotation

Isaac You Are THE MAN and we all love you dearly.

To that I add it's always a special time when you're here and I could't imagine you killing a thread. I used to think I did because if you look most days they all end with my post but I got over that.
Thank you for the good thoughts about today but it's an easy procedure. My brother had his tendons sliced one time by running his hand through a window. Bad Idea.
lol Thank you so much J5! Used to happen all the time, I felt like a swinging Grim reaper, then I started begging Val to come on because she seemed to keep everything flowing much smoother. She loves you guys so much but isn't big on posting. I'm pretty sure it is insecurity. It can get very self conscience when you take into account that when you post your posting to everyone plus how many silent readers there are. Before, I would constantly go back and edit a post before posting it about atleast a dozen times. Now I just let it fly without going back regardless of how idiotic it comes out :laugh: I have been thinking about retrying videos allot lately. It's hard to pace because my mind is always racing faster than my mouth which leads to self consciousness :D

Ouch!! Haha glad to report mine wasn't from hitting something. It was protecting a lass, We were out one night in line at the movies when this guy and girlfriend were fighting a few from us. they were screaming at eachother and he struck her across her face and reached back to his pocket. Something ignited in my mind to pull this girl away NOW. I reached out from behind her and grasped onto her face to pull her back and in the same motion he pulled out a knife and took a downward swipe making contact with the back of my hand. I swung my arm back with girl in hand :D let her go cocked back for a good punch. The slice was pretty bad so as I clenched the blood shot right out into his face and when he shut his eyes he went down pretty quick. Next thing I know someone is grabbing is armed hand while I'm pushed back to go to the hospital. I didn't feel anything because the adrenaline was pumping so hard. I started looking for photos but can't find them! I did find an OLD myspace account just now and wow. :laugh:

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA

All the love in the world for you Frani ♥
The factory might be losing IKV. They aren't covering any of the damages of the 510 Fusions which puts us in a very bad spot as they are demanding more money or cuts to our current order which is completing so they may lose us. However I am NOT cutting out those SR Fusions for you. We can take our lines and renegotiate somewhere else but will make absolute certain that the 801 Fusion will not be tampered with.

Muggs

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
CT
www.advancesmart.com
Yes sir they are and yes sir they would. A good amount of folks also use them for dripping. So that means we would probably have to start with 4 variations of it. I'm thinking after the next batch arrives in about a week which should have the prortypes on board. We can open pre-orders as the good guys said on the other thread a short while ago. The issue is that Corecommrce's platform doesn't carry this feature. So I was thinking on making a category on the site labeled PRE-ORDER and copy and pasting product listings into them. It's the general idea at least. I just have to think it through a little more so we don't get too confused or cause slowdowns.

Very cool looking forward to those. Just have to say one more time these 35mm platinums are blowing my freaking head off good at 4.4v right now. My office is a giant cloud. The landlord came in saying the office accross the way thought there was a fire in my office because they saw all the vapor in the window, hahaha. Yeah, that good.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Are you kidding? The 8er's are the greatest of all time.! :laugh: Man Oz! Your a trooper buddy! I can't imagine what those weeks had to feel like! And to fix it up yourself is amazing. Good for you man.

I use prime for shopping more or less. The prices for common everyday things are unimaginable plus free 2 day shipping without the hassles of leaving the house and the bonus of free movies **this ad has been brought to by Amazon ** :D

Check out Better often on Netflix hilarious quirky sitcom that got cancelled by timing negligence on ABCs part.

Go 8ers!!!!

Not sure if I'm a trooper or just too poor for the sad state of the current medical system.

I'll have to look into Prime again. I do enough shopping on Amazon that it might make up for the shipping charges. I won't hold my breath on 2 days though. The local Unusually Slow Pitiful Service is absolutely terrible. I've had stuff show up at the office there & have to wait 3+ days just for them to bother to put it in my box. We're out in the sticks so no postal delivery out here at all. But free shipping is always nice.

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    All the love in the world for you Frani ♥
    The factory might be losing IKV. They aren't covering any of the damages of the 510 Fusions which puts us in a very bad spot as they are demanding more money or cuts to our current order which is completing so they may lose us. However I am NOT cutting out those SR Fusions for you. We can take our lines and renegotiate somewhere else but will make absolute certain that the 801 Fusion will not be tampered with.

Thank you many times over:)

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Go 8ers!!!!

Not sure if I'm a trooper or just too poor for the sad state of the current medical system.

I'll have to look into Prime again. I do enough shopping on Amazon that it might make up for the shipping charges. I won't hold my breath on 2 days though. The local Unusually Slow Pitiful Service is absolutely terrible. I've had stuff show up at the office there & have to wait 3+ days just for them to bother to put it in my box. We're out in the sticks so no postal delivery out here at all. But free shipping is always nice.

I have Amazon Prime and I love it. We're out in the sticks too. Our mailbox is a mile plus away down on the highway. However all my Amazon prime pkgs are delivered to my door via UPS.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 23, 2009
    PA,USA
    Very cool looking forward to those. Just have to say one more time these 35mm platinums are blowing my freaking head off good at 4.4v right now. My office is a giant cloud. The landlord came in saying the office accross the way thought there was a fire in my office because they saw all the vapor in the window, hahaha. Yeah, that good.
    Haha That's Hilarious! Oh man the look on their face when he /she came through that door had to be priceless!

Go 8ers!!!!

8ers for life!
    Oh god I know, nothing is more important to them anymore well the majority anyway. I learned that the hard way, about +40k of testing and one Dr I met once and fixed everything without a single drop of blood.
    Prime uses ups just like sweet Frani said. Go for the Amazon credit card too! It has credits that you earn with purchases.

Thank you many times over:)
    You are always welcome my friend

Ozwald

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 12, 2013
    Montana
    I have Amazon Prime and I love it. We're out in the sticks too. Our mailbox is a mile plus away down on the highway. However all my Amazon prime pkgs are delivered to my door via UPS.

That would be wonderful... unfortunately the local UPS driver is just as lazy as the USPS idiots. Half the time he just leaves the packages at the PO instead of bringing them here. Which is a real pain since I get up early (I have a rural, 100-mile long newspaper route for some pocket money & to help pay the bills when my shop is slow), so I typically stop at the PO at 2am. Then I have to make an extra trip to go sign for whatever didn't fit in the little lockers they have down there. Our PO is maybe a 40x40 building... I'd guess in a 10 mile radius from my house there's less than 200-300 people, including kids and maybe a couple of dogs in there just to bring the numbers up :)

It's a real change from my last place - USPS was still worthless, the FedEx guy was shady but the UPS guy was awesome. I just bought this place in June & I've only had 2 things come via FedEx, but they were both here by 8am, he knocked & was even standing there when I opened the door. On the odd chance UPS does come, he doesn't even bother to knock at all.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread