I'm completely lost on this whole calling to the white house/voting thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
The "deal" here goes back to the tobacco settlement: some percentage of the tobacco company profits will be paid out to participating States. (Rumor has it that some States actually gambled/leveraged the future payments)

So when less tobacco products are being bought not only does States loose out on the profit payment but on the tax dollars they would have collected. The States are lobbying HARD for anything that gets them more cash (the health of their voters be dammed!!)

While many of our "accessories" can be used for other things (and were redeployed for vaping) the focus appears to be mostly "juice" related. "juice" is the cash cow that keeps the doors of more than the majoity of B&M shops and many online sites. Pre made juice purchased online or at a B&M will come to a halt while testing and certification takes place for the companies that can afford it.

It is my personal belief that since the FDA does not regulate other tobacco accessories (pipes, holders, tools and other items that are not derived from tobacco) I doubt that they will take interest in our mods and tanks.

However, these items will become useless if the only way to purchase juice is in "big tobacco" packaging that is only compatible with their woefully unacceptable hardware.

While there might be a loophole where DIY juice makers can still make juice for THEIR OWN consumption or a black market open up for nicotine, however I'm predicting that all juice sales will halt and the hardware sales will halt at the same time or shortly afterwards. Since the FDA is targeting the delivery methods, only products/packaging available in 2007 will be legal to be used.
Yes, and the overall DEEMING eliquid as a tobacco product is the hole in the dam we all have our collective fingers stuck in.

Reactions: GeorgeS

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
honestly i think it will effect businesses in the US more than us.. if these idiots do proceed and ban vaping products all this will do is create a black market and we'll just have to order things online from overseas..

it's unfortunate there hasn't been more research to PROVE vaping is a lot safer alternative to smoking cigarette, and more research showing that many DO quit smoking analogs saving lives and also insurance $$ from caring for all the sick people dieing from cancer, AND that ecigs could possibly be more effective than nicotine patches and drugs which can cause some serious side-effects and complications.

these politicians are very narrow minded people. the only thing they see is the one or two rare cases when some dumba** overdoses on nicotine, or that some 16yr old manages to buy a vapor product and takes to school. they don't look at the bigger picture where all the lives vaping has saved due to people quitting cigarettes.

sad to say, but it's things likes this that i wish i didn't live in America..

Last edited:

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
and this is why this is happening... because people are quitting the ciggies, because people will be more healthy, because people wont be buying all the other quit a cig products... too many product producers who have lots of money invested are loosing their income because of vaping... its all about money, not the health of the public that matters....

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
and this is why this is happening... because people are quitting the ciggies, because people will be more healthy, because people wont be buying all the other quit a cig products... too many product producers who have lots of money invested are loosing their income because of vaping... its all about money, not the health of the public that matters....

yeah, that i understand what it's about.. but what i don't understand is WHERE is the research? there has been very little research done.. from what i gather there are even doctors who regular vape and have quit analogs, yet rarely do i see any study defending the ecig.. their opinions matter the most.
i also don't understand why some of these huge ecig makers (which have A LOT to lose) aren't paying independent companies provide the government with facts and studies. sad to say but it is obvious that we are the minority and our voices are practically meaningless.

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Seebo, there has been plenty of research and more coming. Do believe CASAA.org has a section that lists all of them. Our politicians choose to ignore them in favor of "election donations" from various pharmaceuticals, tobacco and health organizations/companies. :(

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
The industry that markets to vapers are their own worse enemy. I was talking to a B&M owner a few weeks back. He owns a chain of stores and plans on opening and or buying out more. I asked him about the FDA deeming and the future of vaping. I asked what do you think will happen down the road? He pointed up enthusiastically and said, it's just going to keep growing. There was no advocacy literature in the store. It's all about the money to a lot of these folks, and they are grabbing the cash while the market is hot. They don't care if the liquid gets taxed, they'll just pass that cost on to the consumer. There was a prominent sign in the store stating the .05 cent per ml NC tax on e-liquid. Ostriches with their heads in the sand.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Fixerated. Not many can get over the ME ME ME and focus on U.S. as a whole. Ripe for the pickings...

Don't twist my words.
Individualism should be celebrated. Many should learn to actually think for themselves and take responsibility for ones own actions.
Many should try doing the right thing for a change, and holding those we entrust with responsibility accountable for their actions (or lack therof).

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
the government has lots of smart people in it.... they know what can hurt us, they knew ciggies are bad and are taking them from us, they know guns are bad and want to take them from us, they know freedom is bad and are trying to take it from us...

;)

SUPER K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2015
Don't twist my words.
Individualism should be celebrated. Many should learn to actually think for themselves and take responsibility for ones own actions.
Many should try doing the right thing for a change, and holding those we entrust with responsibility accountable for their actions (or lack therof).
Good luck.

Bad Ninja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2013
God's Country
Good luck.

Lol
Who needs luck?
I'm a grown man.
I walk a path of integrity.
Contrary to popular belief, it's not uphill.
I've done so my entire life.
I dont need anyone to hold my hand or be my nanny.

image.jpg

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
yeah, that i understand what it's about.. but what i don't understand is WHERE is the research? there has been very little research done.. from what i gather there are even doctors who regular vape and have quit analogs, yet rarely do i see any study defending the ecig.. their opinions matter the most.
i also don't understand why some of these huge ecig makers (which have A LOT to lose) aren't paying independent companies provide the government with facts and studies. sad to say but it is obvious that we are the minority and our voices are practically meaningless.

bah humbug! who needs research when you've got the rumourmill..... I mean the media...
:evil:

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
There has been plenty of research done. The problem is vaping appears to be very low risk. That conclusion doesn't satisfy the naysayers so they say there is still more research needed. They won't be happy until something bad turns up. Governments know this very well. The ecig controversy isn't about health, it's about money, a LOT of money ($800 billion per year world wide most of which goes for taxes).

The FDA routinely approves products that are prohibitively expensive and don't do much besides drain money from our pockets. The FDA didn't get rid of smake oil, they just made it more expensive. Now a Chinese pharmacist comes up with a low tech, low risk, dirt cheap home remedy for smoking that is highly effective and our snake oil regulators are doing everything iin their power to ban it. The FDA doesn't give a rats behind about my health or any smoker's health. I feel the same about them so we're even.

I have a 1 liter bottle of 100mg nic in the freezer. It cost $50, will hold me for 3 years, and replaces $9,000!!! worth of cigarettes if I had kept smoking. Shortly that bottle is going to have 2 more companions and we'll see if the nic holds it's potency for that long.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Nimaz

ECF Veteran
Sep 20, 2015
The purpose of these new legislation is to shift the market to big greedy corporations i.e. tobacco and pharmaceuticals. The products will become standardized to reach a larger mass. Commercials will be put forward with slogans like "vape it's better for you", dismissing the FDA claims about the dangers, and doctors will recommend smokers to switch to "ecig", pharmaceutical brands... with jacked up prices and heavy taxes. We already have tobacco funded research claiming that blu is supper clean... Unless we keep fighting for our rights, like California did sometime ago to keep small businesses up. The truth is that we cannot trust BTs nor pharmaceuticals' products as they still killing millions worldwide. Nicotine solutions will certainly be the hardest to get. With restrictions on PG and VG we will be out of reach of our base ingredients making thing even harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread