I'm completely lost on this whole calling to the white house/voting thing..

Status
Not open for further replies.

3ebmike

ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2015
I've tried reading a bit into it.. but was wondering if someone can explain to me in a Keep it Simple Stupid, kind of way. Now if this bill passes when would it pass by.. and when would we start seeing the negative effects. Also, what does this mean for us.. Will I be able to go to my local vape shop anymore to pick up coils and e-juice. Should I hit the panic button and start stocking up on juice for a while. Will this force these vape shops to shut down? If they can't sell e-liquid, that would take a tremendous toll on them, considering half the time I'm in there is for juice.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
if this goes thru, it will most likely mean that the only vaping devices that will be allowed to be purchased will be Blu type ecigs
say goodbye to bottle ejuice, tanks larger than 1.5 ml. gonna be hard to stop kanthal, PG n VG,cotton, rayon,battery production so we are safe there.... someone will come up with some type of "add-on" to use on hi powered mods for "other reasons" just in case a Vape Police Task Squad is enacted to confiscate our vapes....
but say hello to black market sales and alot of back street purchasing of anything you want ohh and dont forget the massive increase on DIY info on youtube :)
get some 100 nic base before they turn that into a controlled drug and need a perscription for it...

Boden

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Lexington KY
If it goes through as written I hope you like buying prefilled cartotanks made by "Big Tobacco" as they are the only ones that have the money to get a product through the FDA's approval process.

It's not a joke, we need to be heard in large numbers. Big Tobacco may be able to throw money at our representatives but the one thing elected officials like more than money is their jobs.

It doesn't matter how articulate you are when call the Whitehouse or write your representatives, keep it simple and to the point. This prodict is helping people and should continue to do so for all the smokers who haven't found it yet.

Prep if you want to but we are fighting for all the people who are still in Big Tobaccos clutches.

Mostly do it to keep Big Tobacco out of the ecig world.

:censored: Big Tobacco!!

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Sheeple power
blinders.jpg

:facepalm:

When Government creates governing entities not answerable to the people we have gone to far.
We ARE There

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I've tried reading a bit into it.. but was wondering if someone can explain to me in a Keep it Simple Stupid, kind of way. Now if this bill passes when would it pass by.. and when would we start seeing the negative effects. Also, what does this mean for us.. Will I be able to go to my local vape shop anymore to pick up coils and e-juice. Should I hit the panic button and start stocking up on juice for a while. Will this force these vape shops to shut down? If they can't sell e-liquid, that would take a tremendous toll on them, considering half the time I'm in there is for juice.

Your local vape shop won't be there anymore.

In the end, it will have to be the manufacturers that will have to defend their place in the marketplace.

Last edited:

jonnychadootz

ECF Veteran
    Nov 27, 2014
    Westchester, NY
    We don't have a strong voice because we are unorganized.
    We as vapers have no unity.

I agree with this to a certain extent, at the same time you can hold all the marches/meetings and make all the phone calls/emails/petitions you want with 0 effect. The only thing the US gov understands is loss of funding and jobs (their jobs) If your (or my opinion) counted, most issues would be voted on.

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
    Jun 15, 2013
    jax, fl
    while we dont know exactly if the bill passes as it is worded now it will intail horrendous fees to get your products approved by the fda to be deemed worthy and "safe" by their standards meaning if a shop has their own juice line each flavor and nic strength would have to be assessed a huge fee to be tested and possible approved to be sold as an fda deemed legal juice. mods and all forms of attys would have to be approved if they were put into production after the 2008 grandfather date as well i believe the wording stated that the efects would start in a 2year frame from passing so shops may last a little while after but the fees will shut down pretty much all shops or companies that cant put up the money for the qualifying certifications to be sold which would include 99.9% of most vape companies.

all in all this needs to be supported by any vape user to nip it in the bud before it is just a memory of the past thanks to money hungry govt.

this is how i translated the bill anyways if any of this is wrong pls someone correct me.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    The "deal" here goes back to the tobacco settlement: some percentage of the tobacco company profits will be paid out to participating States. (Rumor has it that some States actually gambled/leveraged the future payments)

So when less tobacco products are being bought not only does States loose out on the profit payment but on the tax dollars they would have collected. The States are lobbying HARD for anything that gets them more cash (the health of their voters be dammed!!)

While many of our "accessories" can be used for other things (and were redeployed for vaping) the focus appears to be mostly "juice" related. "Juice" is the cash cow that keeps the doors of more than the majoity of B&M shops and many online sites. Pre made juice purchased online or at a B&M will come to a halt while testing and certification takes place for the companies that can afford it.

It is my personal belief that since the FDA does not regulate other tobacco accessories (pipes, holders, tools and other items that are not derived from tobacco) I doubt that they will take interest in our mods and tanks.

However, these items will become useless if the only way to purchase juice is in "big tobacco" packaging that is only compatible with their woefully unacceptable hardware.

While there might be a loophole where DIY juice makers can still make juice for THEIR OWN consumption or a black market open up for nicotine, however I'm predicting that all juice sales will halt and the hardware sales will halt at the same time or shortly afterwards. Since the FDA is targeting the delivery methods, only products/packaging available in 2007 will be legal to be used.

Reactions: LDS714

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas
    Here is my most simplistic answer to Yor question.

All these bad things posted here will eventually happen.

Your call to the White House is simply to PROLONG all this from happening.

That's it, my friend.

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 31, 2014
    Austin, Texas

That's it, my friend.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 16, 2014
    Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!

That's it, my friend.

I`ll raise you on that, your call to the POTUS is a waist of time. Funny, they got plenty of open lines for the NSA to use. LOL.

Reactions: WharfRat1976
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread