The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

I'm having issues with the UWell Crown II, and it's not good.

Discussion in 'Sub-Ohm' started by Warjec, Jul 27, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. aFragileVersion

aFragileVersion New Member

Jun 29, 2015
    Yup coils kinda suck. Don't have the refilling problem, but after about 2 days of use they start randomly dry hitting and not tasting anywhere near as good in general. I'll poke holes in them and get maybe another day of use and they are done for.

2. Warjec

Warjec Full Member

Jul 26, 2016
    I was told by the guy on the phone that the lowest wattage you see on the atomizer is supposed to be the max wattage.

3. Starscollide

Starscollide Full Member

Jul 29, 2016
    So just an update: I've switched to the. 25 coils that I bought from uwell and so far so good. It's drinking the juice at a rate I'm used to and the flavor and heat are finally decent. No burnt taste either yet. Should things change I'll post about it

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

4. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    From my experience all their coils have a design flaw. Why use a tank that continually gives you grief?

5. Starscollide

Starscollide Full Member

Jul 29, 2016
    I'm open to suggestions for another tank.

6. Warjec

Warjec Full Member

Jul 26, 2016
    I've stopped using the Crown 2 entirely. The new version 3 coils are still bad, went through two .5ohms and they're still giving me that "coil" hit taste. Very upsetting.

I just purchased a Tobeco Supertank 25mm in the meantime while I save for a TFV8 or a Kangertech Dripbox 160W.

The flavor is fantastic off of this tank. The clouds are good as well. I think I spent $16 on the tank and it's currently my absolute favorite. Replacement coils are cheap too!

7. Starscollide

Starscollide Full Member

Jul 29, 2016
    I hear the tfv8 is a juice killer. I can't afford a bottle of juice a day lol

8. mbarbieri

mbarbieri Full Member

Jul 15, 2012
    Olive Branch
    I have heard a lot about people having problems with the Crown II coils. I got a Crown II last week and I have been using the same .25 coil since I opened it and no burnt taste at all. I think it has to do with the way you guys have your mod set. I own two original Crown tanks and one Crown II. Ever since about two weeks after I bought my first one about 8 months ago, I have been running the tank on SS temp control at 75w and 520-570 degrees. I never run it on Power mode. If your mod can do SS(stainless steel) temp control, try it on these settings. I can blow a decent size cloud and get plenty of flavor this way. The only time I get burnt taste is when I let my juice get below the wick holes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Hyperspace

Hyperspace Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    I've been having good luck with the coils too. I have 3 weeks on the the coil I've been using on the Crown 2. I think the people who are having problems are using thick juices with lots of sucralose.

10. Carl2

Carl2 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2016
    I have a Kanger topbox mini, I'm now using it with a Vaporesso Gemini. I'm still new at all this and I had problems with leaking, and fitting things on the deck.
    Through trial and error I was able to get it working pretty good, best tank for flavor I have. I'm using nickel coils in the temp mode, I wind my own coils and do the wicking, not much to it. I also have an Eleaf pico that works well with the tank and atomizer that came with it. Since I learned sugar turns to carmel then carbon at 350 F I've set 340 F as my high limit and stopped increasing the temp for more vapor, more flavor.

11. Hyperspace

Hyperspace Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2009
    Michigan
    Interesting info but since juice makers use sucralose instead in sucrose I wonder if the same info applies? The only thing I found on Wikipedia is sucralose begins to decompose at 250 F.

Sucralose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

12. Carl2

Jun 30, 2016
    I've heard there is another sweeter that could be used besides the one you mentioned. I had to replace an atomizer and I did see black carbon build up, I took it apart and the coil came out like new, nice and shiny but I think the carbon gave a burnt taste and decreased the heating the coil was trying to do. I'm sure different manufactures are using different things for sweetening and other things.

13. Neonspeed

Neonspeed Senior Member

Jul 31, 2016
    The crown 2 is a crap tank I have it and they blame coils, it's not the coils it's the tank it's just bad! I regret buying it $40 wasted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. Carl2

Jun 30, 2016
    For a quick easy fix get a Eleaf Melo 2 tank, I'm using it with a nickel atomizer and it delivers flavor and vapor. I just finished a build with coils in a Vaporesso RBA for the RY4 tobacco, I liked it and have 2 of them.
    Carl2

15. Neonspeed

Neonspeed Senior Member

Jul 31, 2016
    I just junked the crown 2 and went to the tfv8

16. Bhoot

Bhoot Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2015
    London
    Did not open the v2. I know it's a waste of money.

17. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    the issue with the crowns from what I read wasn't the coils but the vaccum.. every few hits loosen the top slightly to break it and then vape... it's the workaround I heard about that solves the dryhit issue.

18. Neonspeed

Neonspeed Senior Member

Jul 31, 2016
    Tried that with mine and it was no flavor every hit

19. Cheallaigh

Cheallaigh Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    I'd get the protank4... but I'm biased lol

20. Neonspeed

Neonspeed Senior Member