I'm having issues with the UWell Crown II, and it's not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I got a Crown II and it came with the yellow band coils and it's fantastic , outstanding airflow , never ever leaked a drop and the Rafale RBA works fantastic on it also . Coils last over 3 weeks of heavy vaping , i'm shocked at how good they are actually .

The clones of these tanks can fool just about anybody , very tough to tell between them , some have said they believe certain vendors may not be aware if they are selling clones or authentics .

I don't know anymore than that though .

Packaging etc.. looks identical .

Spike672

Oct 17, 2016
When using an RDA it's recommended that you remove the outer fibrous layer of the cotton to aid wicking. Take a sewing needle and scratch or "fluff" the cotton in the juice feed holes. Hey presto wicks like a pro much improved. I was struggling to vape at 30 watts. After the seeing needle trick 50 watts+ is no problem. Hope this helps, at least till UWELL gets its act together.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
I've been using the original Crown tank for some time and absolutely love it (as far as flavor & vapor are concerned). Over time I started having the issue that some others have had where I would unscrew the top cap to refill it would disassemble the entire tank. As a result, I recently picked up the Crown 2, since that was one of the changes they made to solve that issue in the tank design. I made it a point to get the V3 coils (both yellow o rings), and I am still having the dry nasty hit issue. I'm seeing no difference than I did with the original .5 coil that came with the tank (one yellow, and one black o ring). I'm barely getting 24 hours out of any of them. I've been running at around 58 watts. Based on this thread I decided to give it one more try and stay at 50 watts and see what happens. But i am curious, is anyone else having these issues with the new coils with the 2 yellow o rings? (I was told those are the newest ones). Any insight is appreciated, as I really love the tank and I do love the flavor and performance initially, but then it all goes to crap within a day. (I've also tried poking holes as others have mentioned....works great right afterwards, and then back to nasty dry hits shortly afterwards). Would love to hear any insight on the "new" coils if anyone happens to have any. Thanks!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Thanks. It's definitely a bummer. Just seems so odd how it works great initially, and then goes downhill.

Looks like I'm sticking to the orignal Crown and will just deal with the annoying top cap disassembling the tank issue. I may start a seperate thread on this, but does anyone have any experience with the Tobeco Super Tank or Super Tank Mini and how it compares to the Crown? They were pushing it pretty hard in a local vape shop recently.

Herrick

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2016
I was told by the guy on the phone that the lowest wattage you see on the atomizer is supposed to be the max wattage.

I was watching a video by Quest4Vape (I think that's his name) and he was saying the coils are perfectly fine at wattages lower than ones printed on the coils. I'm disappointed that Uwell hasn't even updated the pictures on their own website. At the very least they should make a note about it on their website.

Reactions: Cheallaigh

Bellarica1983

Apr 23, 2017
I purchased the Crown II yesterday afternoon. I primed and installed the .50ohm Coil and sat around 55w enjoying the great taste and cloud. I decided to change the juice and that's when all hell broke lose apparently.

Before I was done using even 3/4s of the juice I just put in the tank for the second time I got dry hits. Dry hits left and right. They got so bad I had to stop using my vaporizer for the rest of the night.

This morning I decided to change the coil with a replacement coil acquired from the same shop I purchased the tank at. It was .50ohms. Same thing happened when I first used the tank. Absolutely great taste and clouds, I was elated. I thought it was just the previous coil. I went to refill the tank again to enjoy this tank. Halfway through the second tank, the dry spell hits yet again.

Go online, look for problems, see something about using a needle to make a puncture in the juice ports in the coil.

I get a 18 gauge needle from work, medical grade. I make holes in all four ports cotton exposed areas. Also, it was extremely difficult for being just cotton, I didn't hit the coil either. It was actually tough getting the needle through. A needle that has no problem going through anything most of the time.

I put the coil back in, refill the tank and let it sit for a couple minutes.

Take the first pull, and it's lovely. Just like the taste was when I first had the coils in... One tank later, getting some dry hits now. Not as bad as before but they're starting.

Took the tank off again and checked the coil. I saw very dark liquid in the top of the coil. I made an additional hole on each port now and it seems to have subsided.

But I'm actually scared to take a full pull now and it's bother me, especially for a tank that's lovely at first. I upgraded from my iJoy Reaper so it was a big upgrade for me.

I contacted UWell and described to them my problem and if the replacement coils they're selling on their site are "new" in any sense and fixed from the cotton being too compacted.

Has anyone else had this issue? Or am I doing something wrong? I don't see any o-rings that could possibly be loose but I'm fairly new to using a vaporizer. I was a pack a day smoker for seven years so having this dry hit taste in my mouth is disgusting and even worse than what I was getting from stinkies...

Thanks for any help.
I had the same problem... Barely hitting and tasting burnt at the same time after first day of use... After reading this thread I adjusted my wattage accordingly. Using uwell crown 2, .5 ohm, using ss temp contol, changed v wattage from 60 to 40... Working like a charm again....Thank you Jesus!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread