I'm ordering the PAX 2 device, had a couple of questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobwho77

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2014
Ypsilanti mi
So, this device is a "harm reduction" device, obviously not as safe as vaping e liquid but much better than smoking. What it does is vaporize real tobacco that you insert into the PAX and heats it to a temperature low enough to not combust. My plan is to buy American Spirit light cigarettes and extract the tobacco, only using one cigarette per use. I heard this gives a cigarette "hit" more than e juice vaping does and satisfies more. The question is would extracting Newport tobacco be more carcinogenic than extracting American Spirit tobacco? I'd also almost assure that this is more addictive than vaping e juices...
Just admit it...
You're looking for an excuse to go back to smoking.

Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I actually don't think he is. I think he is looking for a way to smoke without harm. I know I longed for one for many years. He's just going to have to make all his experiments and once done, either stay harm-lesser, or go back to smoking. Although, he seems to appreciate some of his devices, perhaps he is just a tinkerer.

Despite his initial start here at ECF, I am wishing him success at understanding that fact number one about ecigs: you have to accept it is NOT the same as smoking, it will NEVER be the same, and transitioning fully involves accepting that. I am glad this fact was rammed into my brain by the person who introduced me to e-cigs. This time, I didn't expect a 1:1 transition, and it helped me a lot. My vaping grows less similar to smoking all the time... Better flavors, not using tobacco flavorings, etc.

So, he's just going to have to try it all and make a decision from there. Although, if I were investing in a "dry vaporizer" vape, well, i might as well return to smoking (IMO) it's expensive, not really the greatest harm reduction method and I always imagine it is going to be GROSS. With that said, different strokes and etc.

Anna

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've never had any ill will towards tobacco.....but, I find it a little more comforting knowing I make my own juice at my clean little desk....
Rather than ingesting tobacco that was handled by God knows who, after doing God knows what and forgetting to wash his hands.:eek:

Reactions: puffon

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The OP being 18 in a state with an age requirement of 21 for tobacco / vaping use & possession I'm sure is frustrating, not to be able to walk into a vape shop & ask questions, get a few tips, handle equipment and maybe sample a few flavors or purchase anything for himself.

Going from about a half pack per day to a high mg/ml nic juul then flitting & fluttering around with a few other similar devices is getting him nowhere.

Seems he's tried quite a few devices except for an actual advanced power device / 'mod' & modern high efficiency delivery device / 'tank' type setup.
The desire to use a small stealthy setup is understandable considering for someone his age possession or use of tobacco / vaping product could bring consequences.

Not being judgmental, from reading his previous posts, I believe the OP's problems finding something that 'works' stem more from other undiagnosed & untreated issues than an attraction to tobacco and or nicotine.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
The OP being 18 in a state with an age requirement of 21 for tobacco / vaping use & possession I'm sure is frustrating, not to be able to walk into a vape shop & ask questions, get a few tips, handle equipment and maybe sample a few flavors or purchase anything for himself.

Going from about a half pack per day to a high mg/ml nic juul then flitting & fluttering around with a few other similar devices is getting him nowhere.

Seems he's tried quite a few devices except for an actual advanced power device / 'mod' & modern high efficiency delivery device / 'tank' type setup.
The desire to use a small stealthy setup is understandable considering for someone his age possession or use of tobacco / vaping product could bring consequences.

Not being judgmental, from reading his previous posts, I believe the OP's problems finding something that 'works' stem more from other undiagnosed & untreated issues than an attraction to tobacco and or nicotine.
I do have ADHD and Tourette Syndrome..

• Optimistic

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I do have ADHD and Tourette Syndrome..

Well then, probably best to talk to your doctors about different / better treatment options.
Self medication or additions to doctor prescribed medications is always a bad idea.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@nicotineisbomb , I have ADHD too, and I sympathize. Tourette's is no fun either.

But, despite having a couple mental conditions, (I am also bipolar) the best advice I can give you is to consult your doc as you switch to vaping. It's not exactly an excuse for what you are doing here (confusing yourself by trying-- in wide swings--- every non-tobacco option that exists) having a mental condition (if you aren't joking) is no excuse for what you are doing, honestly. I can say that, as a grown up, consult your docs regarding switching to vaping, choose a method, and stick to it, whatever it is. Nicotine is a stimulant, so vaping will help you there. But, nicotine on its own is a very different animal in the body than tobacco and some of your medications will metabolize differently if you switch over to just nicotine, non-combusted, as compared to tobacco. Some of your medications may need adjustment as you switch. Mine did.

With that said, given you have both conditions (and, I assume, treatment for them) the very best thing you can do to help the switch is to pick ONE device, and STICK WITH IT through detox. Once you are stably vaping, it will be easier to experiment.

Also, ADHD is no justification for how you are behaving. I was, shockingly, able to choose a starter device (a zelos mod and a Nautilus 2 tank) and stick to it for a period of time, although I have expanded into different MTL devices, but my nicotine levels stay fairly constant. Nicotine does help with focus. But, just having ADHD and etc., doesn't mean you get a special pass as far as what you are doing. In fact, it ONLY makes it more imperative that you consider choosing A VAPE, and then working with your doctor during detox to make sure all your symptoms stay in remission (although honestly, from your behavior so far, I'm not entirely certain you ARE stable yet).

Just my opinion as always, but if I can switch to vaping successfully, so can you.

Anna

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
@nicotineisbomb , I have ADHD too, and I sympathize. Tourette's is no fun either.

But, despite having a couple mental conditions, (I am also bipolar) the best advice I can give you is to consult your doc as you switch to vaping. It's not exactly an excuse for what you are doing here (confusing yourself by trying-- in wide swings--- every non-tobacco option that exists) having a mental condition (if you aren't joking) is no excuse for what you are doing, honestly. I can say that, as a grown up, consult your docs regarding switching to vaping, choose a method, and stick to it, whatever it is. Nicotine is a stimulant, so vaping will help you there. But, nicotine on its own is a very different animal in the body than tobacco and some of your medications will metabolize differently if you switch over to just nicotine, non-combusted, as compared to tobacco. Some of your medications may need adjustment as you switch. Mine did.

With that said, given you have both conditions (and, I assume, treatment for them) the very best thing you can do to help the switch is to pick ONE device, and STICK WITH IT through detox. Once you are stably vaping, it will be easier to experiment.

Also, ADHD is no justification for how you are behaving. I was, shockingly, able to choose a starter device (a zelos mod and a Nautilus 2 tank) and stick to it for a period of time, although I have expanded into different MTL devices, but my nicotine levels stay fairly constant. Nicotine does help with focus. But, just having ADHD and etc., doesn't mean you get a special pass as far as what you are doing. In fact, it ONLY makes it more imperative that you consider choosing A VAPE, and then working with your doctor during detox to make sure all your symptoms stay in remission (although honestly, from your behavior so far, I'm not entirely certain you ARE stable yet).

Just my opinion as always, but if I can switch to vaping successfully, so can you.

Anna
I think vaping tobacco is a step in the right direction, if it stops me from smoking again...

• Agree

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: No

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
You have been given very sound & reasonable advice in many of your threads that you seem incapable of understanding or following through on.
Obviously you're having problems sticking to / focusing on anything for long enough to see any benefit.
To quit smoking is going to take determination to do so and patience on your part.

It really is concerning to see a young person so obviously struggling with issues that are treatable.
Talk to your parents, get some professional help.

nicotineisbomb

Nov 24, 2017
You have been given very sound & reasonable advice in many of your threads that you seem incapable of understanding or following through on.
Obviously you're having problems sticking to / focusing on anything for long enough to see any benefit.
To quit smoking is going to take determination to do so and patience on your part.

It really is concerning to see a young person so obviously struggling with issues that are treatable.
Talk to your parents, get some professional help.
I found my help, the Cig Genie! I'll get the cigarette taste without any adverse health effects.

• Creative
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread