In LOVE with Wotofo Serpent Mini!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djl240

Aug 26, 2016
New to vaping and my current hardware has been an istick pico with two supertank minis (which are pretty awesome) Been thinking about RTA's as I learn more, but the technical nature of building has kept me hesitant. But with the new BS 40% Pennsylvania state tax starting in a few weeks gave me the motivation to begin my quest with building. Ordered the serpent mini and some cotton bacon v2. The mini came with some comp coils and the seller also threw in some nice looking twisted claptons as well. I've read a lot and watched a bunch of videos on the mini and setting up the coil and wick. It's a bit tricky at first to get the coil in right, and even trickier to clip the leads flush for tank assembly. Once I got everything right, the coil was glowing perfectly and reading 0.49 ohms. Using 70/30 mango coconut juice @ 6mg. OH MY!!!!! The patience paid off (or I just got lucky!) And this is the most incredibly flavorful vape @ 35w. No leaks, and it's vaping like an absolute dream! Hopefully this setup holds up well, as I don't see myself needing anything more than this. I also got some 24g kanthal wire, some 26g nichrome wire and a coil master v3 on the way. I want to thank everyone on here for the wonderful information that has helped me learn so much. Definitely looking forward to saving money not having to buy drop in coils anymore.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
So based kn he coils you're a direct lung hitter. Right ? Ive been curious hie this would do for mtl given the absurdly low cost and size it could he perfect to throw on the mini volt but i recently read some reviews stating fir mtl it wasn't any good

If anyone can chime in who vapes mtl all the time. Id appreciate it. Most direct ling inhalers seek to say. "Close the air flow down its fine " which couldn't be more wrong. So id like to know some dimensions if anyone has calipers handy.

Particularly the inner diameter of the air flow exit below the coil on the single coil deck

djl240

Aug 26, 2016
So based kn he coils you're a direct lung hitter. Right ? Ive been curious hie this would do for mtl given the absurdly low cost and size it could he perfect to throw on the mini volt but i recently read some reviews stating fir mtl it wasn't any good

If anyone can chime in who vapes mtl all the time. Id appreciate it. Most direct ling inhalers seek to say. "Close the air flow down its fine " which couldn't be more wrong. So id like to know some dimensions if anyone has calipers handy.

Particularly the inner diameter of the air flow exit below the coil on the single coil deck
H00ligan, I prefer DL, but I assure you, the serpent mini is very capable of MTL, if you build for it. Many owners have stated their love for this tank for MTL. I do have calipers but I'm not taking this thing apart until I have to! Lol. I would gauge the ID of the bore below the coil is approx. 0.125-0.200"

Reactions: h00ligan

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
H00ligan, I prefer DL, but I assure you, the serpent mini is very capable of MTL, if you build for it. Many owners have stated their love for this tank for MTL. I do have calipers but I'm not taking this thing apart until I have to! Lol. I would gauge the ID of the bore below the coil is approx. 0.125-0.200"

Thanks. Your eyeballing probably is pretty close as .125 inches is close to 3 mm. 3 mm can be reduced to 2 mm with tubing but anything larger than that becomes an issue. It's such an inexpensive tank I may take a chance on it anyway I think it was like $17 on fast tech something like that but I also owned a goblin mini V2 and was very interested in the V3. Does the serpent have a single coil deck or do you have to block juice channels on half of a velocity style deck?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
My Serpent Minis work well for me as a tootle puffer. I have the air holes almost completely closed tho, and use these reducers under the coil. Svoe Mesto Kayfun 5 Mouth To Lung Kit - Origin Vape
They are oos at the moment tho.

Thanks. I typically use tubing as its much less expensive but i think im going ti buy these just to see what they fit in that I own as I have to reduce several of my existing atomizers they may come in quite handy. Especially because they have very incises that cannot be achieved with tubing. For those looking to reduce 3 mm to 2 mm, PTFE tubing is usually five dollars for a couple of feet and can be cut to application.

I will have to see if I can find the MTL K fun kids somewhere in stock if they had included that I would probably have bought the kayfun five but given the price and they high demand from their existing customer base I don't feel they're doing the right thing by making it a separate purchase, clearly it should be included when they moved away from their traditional design cues.

djl240

Aug 26, 2016
Thanks. Your eyeballing probably is pretty close as .125 inches is close to 3 mm. 3 mm can be reduced to 2 mm with tubing but anything larger than that becomes an issue. It's such an inexpensive tank I may take a chance on it anyway I think it was like $17 on fast tech something like that but I also owned a goblin mini V2 and was very interested in the V3. Does the serpent have a single coil deck or do you have to block juice channels on half of a velocity style deck?
No problem. It's a single coil deck with lay down terminals and the coil is secured horizontally. I love it because it's so simple. I've never even used an rta until today and within 30 minutes of getting the mail, it was vaping perfectly and has been amazing all day. It can fit any coil style imaginable with the great design of the deck. It does have a few minor quirks, trapping the leads just right takes a few tries and cutting them flush is a must to allow the chimney to thread on. But seriously, it's fantastic. Just get one. You'll be glad you did. Crazy flavor, and just hits perfectly everytime.

Cumulo Vapus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2016

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
They are removable. You spread the end out just enough to hold it in place. There are four slots that spread out evenly with something like a tapered metal punch. The "kit" come with three inserts, each one has a different size bore.

MTL Kit.jpg

Reactions: Cumulo Vapus

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
New to vaping and my current hardware has been an istick pico with two supertank minis (which are pretty awesome) Been thinking about RTA's as I learn more, but the technical nature of building has kept me hesitant. But with the new BS 40% Pennsylvania state tax starting in a few weeks gave me the motivation to begin my quest with building. Ordered the serpent mini and some cotton bacon v2. The mini came with some comp coils and the seller also threw in some nice looking twisted claptons as well. I've read a lot and watched a bunch of videos on the mini and setting up the coil and wick. It's a bit tricky at first to get the coil in right, and even trickier to clip the leads flush for tank assembly. Once I got everything right, the coil was glowing perfectly and reading 0.49 ohms. Using 70/30 mango coconut juice @ 6mg. OH MY!!!!! The patience paid off (or I just got lucky!) And this is the most incredibly flavorful vape @ 35w. No leaks, and it's vaping like an absolute dream! Hopefully this setup holds up well, as I don't see myself needing anything more than this. I also got some 24g kanthal wire, some 26g nichrome wire and a coil master v3 on the way. I want to thank everyone on here for the wonderful information that has helped me learn so much. Definitely looking forward to saving money not having to buy drop in coils anymore.

The Serp Mini has become my favorite topper. So much so that I just ordered a 3rd one this week. As others have mentioned, easy to build, wicking - just let it get into the top of the juice channel. DO trim the lead ends as flush as possible to the posts to avoid shorting issues. Simple single-coil builds (although one is currently running 30g Triple parallel, and I'm finding that quite nice for a change from my normal single-strand coils. Super awesome for me :thumbs:

djl240

Aug 26, 2016
The Serp Mini has become my favorite topper. So much so that I just ordered a 3rd one this week. As others have mentioned, easy to build, wicking - just let it get into the top of the juice channel. DO trim the lead ends as flush as possible to the posts to avoid shorting issues. Simple single-coil builds (although one is currently running 30g Triple parallel, and I'm finding that quite nice for a change from my normal single-strand coils. Super awesome for me :thumbs:
I just ordered my 3rd one yesterday! These things are stupid reliable with no leaks and amazing flavor. I've tried several builds, but I seem to keep going back to a basic 24g 5-6 wrap 3mm ID spaced kanthal. I am having a heck of a time finding a good drip tip replacement though. I love the delrin one that came with the black version, but the ss one is really loose. I don't like metal tips anyhow. I like the short wide bore style, can anyone recommend a good drip tip for it? I was thinking maybe a crispy cap, but idk...

Reactions: DingerCPA

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I just ordered my 3rd one yesterday! These things are stupid reliable with no leaks and amazing flavor. I've tried several builds, but I seem to keep going back to a basic 24g 5-6 wrap 3mm ID spaced kanthal. I am having a heck of a time finding a good drip tip replacement though. I love the delrin one that came with the black version, but the ss one is really loose. I don't like metal tips anyhow. I like the short wide bore style, can anyone recommend a good drip tip for it? I was thinking maybe a crispy cap, but idk...

I get a teensy bit of seepage occasionally. One leaked a little bit when it was laying on its side, but all in all, this thing is stupid easy. Threw a 3mm, 26g nichrome, about 8 wraps in my newest one last night, and I'm rockin' it today :)

Got nothin' for ya on driptips - I actually prefer the taller, slightly more narrow ones (didn't realize the black was a delrin tip?)

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I bought mine at the same time as I bought a tfv8 baby. Both black, both used in the same environment. The serpent mini is chipping pretty badly and I haven't had a single issue with the tfv8 baby. I just ordered a serpent mini 25 in silver because I don't trust the paint.

Thanks for the info, appreciate it.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
I finally got my Serpents to where they don't leak seep or gurgle. A big part of it was getting the KFL mtl kits from Origin vapes. I use the 1.4mm insert. The 1.2mm can be drilled out so that gives me two of the three to use. The rest of it is getting it wicked just right. Now they work good for my style of vaping. Believe me, I had just about given up on them, and now I have two of them back in service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread