Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
My wife and I both vape in the house with no noticeable effects.....not sure what this residue is to be honest. I diy so I suspect that that is something to do with it :smokie:

Seems like I have read that its attributed to the VG. :unsure: But I can't support that from personal experience. I only DIY, and it's always mixed VG Heavy (80% plus VG). During computer sessions it's flat screen monitor gets bombarded with DL vapor. So much so sometimes that a nearby smoke detector on the ceiling lets me know I am vaping too much. But when I clean the monitor all I get is the smallest traces of dust that the desk also always gets on it (desert living). Not any residue at all like tobacco smoke is famous for (that from back in the days when I still smoked and spent much more time driving like normal folks rather than very little now days). The inside car/truck windows always had a lot of grimy residue on them that took some doing to get squeaky clean again.

Is this still the Indoor Vaping thread? I think so.

So, my wife and I were sitting at the kitchen counter doing stuff, I was working on a coil with my ePipe close by (it’s not firing correctly) and I picked it up and asked if she minds if I vape some inside.

Wait for it.......

She said “probably not” and smiled.

I will minimize the volume of vaping inside based on info presented herein and the article about the vape store air quality.

So I learned a few things here and not just about vaping.:banana:

I never read the air quality article you mention. But logic suggests that if the B&M is a successful business with dozens to hundreds of customers per day, that hardly equates to the same air quality as at it with one or two people vaping at home.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Good for you dude, you seem like a nice guy, I figured your wife would be the same. I'm happy for you :)

Maryland tried that at one time with smoking and cars but I don't think it went anywhere.

I think the way the Feds are leaning is no vaping anywhere, and no texting while driving. Etc.

Anna

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2012
San Antonio
I've been vaping 80pg/20vg for nearly 7 years at home, and my home is cleaner than it ever was when I smoked. No sticky film on the walls, no stinky curtains and mattress.

Have never set off the smoke alarm by vaping. I vape at my computer all day, and never feel or see any film other than dust. I think when you dust, the dust is perhaps imbedded in any vg film, and any film comes off with normal dusting, wiping down the screen with that microfiber cloth you're supposed to use, etc.

Since you've asked for insights, I would say that getting used to unflavored liquid is a proactive measure. Unflavored actually tastes slightly sweet from the vg, and has a bit of a flavor, not unpleasant, kind of like the taste of chapstick. The reason I offer this is, though you might get away with vaping flavors around others, sometimes what you think smells wonderful will get on others' nerves. The constant smell of goopy butterscotch in the air might only be your thing, not wife's.

I'm like you. At the end of the day, I love vaping in my big chair with my feet propped up on the ottoman, with a big beverage on the side table. It's my little corner of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread