Status
Not open for further replies.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I've been using a Crown tank tip on my MT. That's my go to cloudy tip except on my Aromamizer.
For some reason an old Bull Box mods (SS core) trustone bully tip works better on that.
I should try out my aromamizer again, didn't really care for it the first time I tried it, but when I did use it, I didn't even bother with a DT.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
Really like the noisy cricket, but its definitely not for everyone, you have to know what you're doing somewhat to use it safely. I wanted to build my MT for it, but the 510 pin isn't quite long enough for me to be comfortable using it with the hybrid 510 connection, which is why I tried the Mutank, because it protrudes out slightly further and was just enough for me to feel OK about (even though my build ended up not being OK).

Only thing I don't like about my Noisy Cricket is that I got it in "Stainless Steel" color option, which isn't Stainless Steel at all in real life, as its an aluminum alloy mod (which I didn't know until after I got it), so its really more like brushed aluminum color, so it doesn't match any of my RTAs, or RDAs color wise. I know, probably being a bit nit picky, but if you put the color as Stainless Steel, then I feel it should be constructed from stainless steel so it actually looks like stainless, and not bright ... aluminum. Basically me just regretting not getting the black one. I did also see since I bought mine two weeks ago they have come out with more colorways for the noisy cricket. I may have to try plasti dipping mine because this light aluminum color goes well with absolutely nothing.
You might have a look at CeraKote.

zipflint

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Spartanburg, SC
Yeah, give that bad boy another shot. I caved to the hype a week or so ago and now I'm a believer. Get those coils lined up perfectly (height-wise) with the airholes. I only use the two-hole rubber AFC, the flavor is a lot more pronounced than with the four-hole one.

But, derp, if yer lookin' for maximum localized weather effects, then for sure, go with the 4.

I got a feeling it's gonna be a rough day. Good luck, lads and lasses!

I should try out my aromamizer again, didn't really care for it the first time I tried it, but when I did use it, I didn't even bother with a DT.

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
You might have a look at CeraKote.
Heh, having somebody cerakote it would probably cost me more than buying a black one, but yeah, the finish would at least be more durable.

Yeah, give that bad boy another shot. I caved to the hype a week or so ago and now I'm a believer. Get those coils lined up perfectly (height-wise) with the airholes. I only use the two-hole rubber AFC, the flavor is a lot more pronounced than with the four-hole one.

But, derp, if yer lookin' for maximum localized weather effects, then for sure, go with the 4.

I got a feeling it's gonna be a rough day. Good luck, lads and lasses!
I tried vertical coils the first time I used it, and didn't care for it. I think this time I will go for a more regular horizontal build, see if that helps for me.

What kind of build are you enjoying in the 'mizer?

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Heh, having somebody cerakote it would probably cost me more than buying a black one, but yeah, the finish would at least be more durable.
Yeah, probably. I forgot they're not expensive. I keep meaning to buy a kit, there's a few items laying around I want to do...

ThunderDan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2014
MD
I'm running two vertical builds and two horizontal builds in the 'Mizers.
Maybe I'll try building the 'mizer for the noisy cricket, and just put a whole mess of 24g kanthal in it, horizontal, and see how that fares. Oh, dang, forgot about the size, not sure the 23mm will play nice with the NC, also don't remember how the 510 pin was. I'll have to dust off this 'mizer box and check it out tonight. Going on a work trip for 6 days, so I want to have some RTAs built and ready to go. Also going to have to mix up some more juice for the road.

Reactions: TheWestPole

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Maybe I'll try building the 'mizer for the noisy cricket, and just put a whole mess of 24g kanthal in it, horizontal, and see how that fares. Oh, dang, forgot about the size, not sure the 23mm will play nice with the NC, also don't remember how the 510 pin was. I'll have to dust off this 'mizer box and check it out tonight. Going on a work trip for 6 days, so I want to have some RTAs built and ready to go. Also going to have to mix up some more juice for the road.

My best flavor build might be the quad horizontals. I used 27g so my resistance wouldn't be real low though, 0.3 or so. It does cut the airflow down though.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Only thing I don't like about my Noisy Cricket is that I got it in "Stainless Steel" color option, which isn't Stainless Steel at all in real life, as its an aluminum alloy mod (which I didn't know until after I got it), so its really more like brushed aluminum color, so it doesn't match any of my RTAs, or RDAs color wise. I know, probably being a bit nit picky, but if you put the color as Stainless Steel, then I feel it should be constructed from stainless steel so it actually looks like stainless, and not bright ... aluminum. Basically me just regretting not getting the black one. I did also see since I bought mine two weeks ago they have come out with more colorways for the noisy cricket. I may have to try plasti dipping mine because this light aluminum color goes well with absolutely nothing.

The upside is when that bare aluminum accumulates scratches you can clean it up like new in a minute with a coarse metal finishing pad. I have a number of mods like that and prefer them to anodized. Forever young. :)

Just cleaned up my Nikita squonker that way the other day.

IMAG1622_picmonkeyed (1).jpg
IMAG1618_picmonkeyed (1).jpg

Last edited:

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Reactions: TheWestPole

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
Last edited:

MMW

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 8, 2015
NH

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
There's some pretty serious talent over on that thread. I don't visit often. I don't have the equipment to do any of that neat stuff. Even a small mill and lathe is pretty costly. All I have is a 10" drill press.
Me too (sigh). One of these days...

dshuld

Jan 7, 2016
I saw that last night. Been keeping an eye on that thread waiting but got some life news that has put my vaping budget even more on hold now. Really wanted the boreas but my daughter has decided she wants to move from NC with her mom to Fl with me at the end of this school year :banana:. So unfortunately atm I cant do as planned and sneak one through the office cause I gotta start getting my spare bedroom ready to be occupied by something more then packed boxes and reptiles lol.

dshuld

Jan 7, 2016
Thx, we are excited to have her here but three months is a long time for a teenage girl to change her mind in lol. Still her mom and I both felt it best she finishes the school year rather than moving at the tail end of it. Keeping fingers crossed she doesnt change her mind at the last minute.

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread