Innokin Coolfire Giveaway - 15 Kits up for grabs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Hi all,

New user here.

I have a Kroma-R that I have been using since day 1 of its release.

I have a few questions please?

1) why is it every time I change the coil, the tank never lines up like it did when I bought it? I have had a few pocket leaks due to the fill cap not aligning properly and in some positions seema to be easier to open in the pocket?
2) a replaced my tank with according to the shop was the newer tank that comes with the Kroma-R, this mouthpiece is different to my original tank and seems to lock the lid in place. But I can't buy them separately?
3) is there any plans to release official mod covers, it's seems really easy to scratch the mod, when it's in and out of the pocket a lot each day

1) Not sure why thats happening but the extended drip tip that locks the top cap should prevent that.

2) Those drip tips are available at the Innokin Store

3) I will relay this back to Innokin

Reactions: bnrkwest

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 9

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
What's the longest anyone gets away with keeping a coil in their tank for? I usually change it every two weeks, before noticing any burnt taste but am aware you could get away with a lot longer than that

(Using MVP5 & Ajax tank)

It really depends on so many factors, every person is different based on viscosity, flavor, use, puff pattern etc. We always recommend you change your coil once a week!

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
I have 2 questions :

1. Why was kanthal wire type is chosen for the Z-Coil series and why do certain Z-Coils use organic cotton or both organic cotton/wood pulp?

2. Z-Coil series doesn't have RBA option, is there going to be one available?

Thank you for hosting this!

1. Kanthal has been around forever and for MTL vaping we believe that it is perfect match for the package. The cotton is just an upgrade as technology evolved and the type of mesh/wire used in the tank to feed the coil better.

2. No there will be no RBA, we have tried but the chamber is too small to create an enjoyable vape. We do have the Ares though if you wish to rebuild :)

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
I have a question, I was for years always using a menthol based liquid and I could get a good 10 days out of a coil. I have recently started to try a different flavour profile and if lucky get 3 days. Why would this be
Some recipes eat up coils quicker due to additives in the liquid like sucralose (used to sweeten eliquid).

VaPorrini

Dec 19, 2018
Oh man, there is so many Questions I would like to ask these 2 Vaping Legends, but I guess I will follow the rules and ask just one ... Ok, I always wanted to know about getting the Best Throat hit from DL Vaping? So, if I were to get the CoolFire Z80 would 80w give a stronger hit than 50w, does 510 and 810 Drip Tip play a role in throat hit and does the type of Coil you use in the Tank matter i.e Single Mesh, Double Mesh, Triple Mesh etc. etc.?? Well, I hope that wasn't too dumb of a Question because I've been wondering for awhile now?! Thank you guys so much for giving us this opportunity to ask questions and for the Amazing Giveaway.

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Does it matter whether I vape regular juice or salt nic when it comes to alternating current technology? Is there anything that we need to keep in mind when picking juices to vape?
Technology is explained in detail here:

Liquid is not relevant however keep in mind high sweetened eliquid will eat your coils quicker.

• Winner
Reactions: Resistance

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
My question is, how long can you make these disposable coils? Why don't manufacturers want to give a device a serviceable base? Vaper would choose the power that suits him.
Well we have been making them for 5 years... There are alot of people that simply enjoy the ease of use of just changing the coil. If you want to rebuild we do offer the Ares tank :)

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Oh man, there is so many Questions I would like to ask these 2 Vaping Legends, but I guess I will follow the rules and ask just one ... Ok, I always wanted to know about getting the Best Throat hit from DL Vaping? So, if I were to get the CoolFire Z80 would 80w give a stronger hit than 50w, does 510 and 810 Drip Tip play a role in throat hit and does the type of Coil you use in the Tank matter i.e Single Mesh, Double Mesh, Triple Mesh etc. etc.?? Well, I hope that wasn't too dumb of a Question because I've been wondering for awhile now?! Thank you guys so much for giving us this opportunity to ask questions and for the Amazing Giveaway.

It is not dumb, even when i DL i want throat hit as well. Restricting the air and using higher nic achieves that. It is very hard to get a throat hit with 80 watts and wide open air. So the way that I get that is, I use 6mg freebase nic and use the Zenith II with half a slot open or the Kroma Z with the airflow 75% open and i restrict DL. Hope that helps, btw ask away we are here for you :)

Nascarnbroncosfans

Sep 27, 2020
I have been a fan of the Cool Fire IV since the Stormtrooper editions.
I would love to see them again. I even have 4 backups I bought from ebay.
Do you plan on bringing then back?
IMG_6653.JPG
IMG_6656.JPG
IMG_6653.JPG
IMG_6656.JPG

Giveaways are back, with a great chance to win from our good friends at Innokin!

As before we're lucky to have the vaping legends @Dimitris and @pbusardo on hand to answer all your questions!

Enter the giveaway simply by posting in this thread and ask Phil & Dimitris a question about the CoolFire Z80, Zenith II, MTL Vaping, or anything else vape related that you have been dying to ask or would be useful for the vaping community here at ECF.

10 winners can choose either one of two options for their prizes;

Option 1
1 pcs Coolfire Z80 kit + 1 pcs Zlide tank

Option 2
1 pcs Coolfire Z50 kit + 1 pcs Zenith II tank

Colours will be chosen at random.

But wait!! There are also 5 Extra ECF Thread Grand Prizes:

1pcs Coolfire Z80 kit + 1 pcs Zenith II tank + 1 pack of Z-Coil + 1pcs Innokin hat

The 5 Grand prize packs will be given to 5 participants who ask the best, most interesting questions below, as chosen personally by Phil and Dimitris.

Winners must be of legal vaping age, only one prize per person, and this giveaway will run from July 9th to 15th.

Good luck & thank you for your support!

View attachment 948447

VaPorrini

Dec 19, 2018
It is not dumb, even when i DL i want throat hit as well. Restricting the air and using higher nic achieves that. It is very hard to get a throat hit with 80 watts and wide open air. So the way that I get that is, I use 6mg freebase nic and use the Zenith II with half a slot open or the Kroma Z with the airflow 75% open and i restrict DL. Hope that helps, btw ask away we are here for you :)
Nice, I appreciate the Info Bud and yes, It helps out alot. That would be Perfect for me bcuz 6mg is what I use and everything else you mentioned I will Definitely give it a go, especially if I'm Lucky enough to be one of the Lucky Winners, lol I'm just kidding but not really haha... Again, thanks for answering my question Dimitris, "Have a Great Day Pal"!!

Hello ECF and Innokin! Hello folks!

I am in vaping for a few months now and happy to have quit a 20 year old smoking habit. I have 2 Zlide tanks, a Zenith Pro and 2 Ares 2 (LE) tanks. Plus a Kroma-Z. I would be happy to give home to a new Coolfire Z80 kit and experience those new features and the Zenith 2 tank. From what I read it's the bomb. Unfortunately, they're all sold out where I live.

Good luck to all the others and greetings to Innokin!

Marc

PS: Did you already test the Coolfire Z80 kit with the Ares 2 tank? How is that going for you in MTL?

Last edited:

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia
Hello ECF and Innokin! Hello folks!

I am in vaping for a few months now and happy to have quit a 20 year old smoking habit. I have 2 Zlide tanks, a Zenith Pro and 2 Ares 2 (LE) tanks. Plus a Kroma-Z. I would be happy to give home to a new Coolfire Z80 kit and experience those new features and the Zenith 2 tank. From what I read it's the bomb. Unfortunately, they're all sold out where I live.

Good luck to all the others and greetings to Innokin!

Marc

PS: Did you already test the Coolfire Z80 kit with the Ares 2 tank? How is that going for you in MTL?
Works great, i always have an Ares built and on the coolfire z!

Attachments

• 206069149_410935443535570_4553074795918576286_n.jpg
    206069149_410935443535570_4553074795918576286_n.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 9

Dimitris

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2011
Georgia

AvaOrchid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2019
USA
Well first I want to say thank you for the contest. A lot of the questions that I would have been interested in asking have already been covered. So I guess what I would be curious about is along the lines of what are your thoughts behind whether a mod would be more suited to an internal battery or an external battery? And since I know that many people have been asking for external battery with Innokin quality who introduced that idea with the z80 of making it an external battery rather than the internal battery? Was it more that Innokin decided that it's about time to release another external battery mod? Or was it something advocated for or introduced by Phil or Dimitris? I'm very happy that it's an external battery mod I just find that they are usually longer lasting and that combined with Innokins quality and customer service is a really nice fit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread