Status
Not open for further replies.

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I actually picked up an Ares--been using it for about a week now.

This has no prebuilt coils--strictly an RBA. Right now, I'm using one of the coils that came with the kit (it comes with two pre-wrapped 1-ohm coils, extra wire (26g, I think), Japanese cotton, a couple of wrapping tools, a fancy little screwdriver, and the usual assortment of o-rings). I got one in black (it matches my SVD 2 very nicely).

The build deck is very easy and clean. The deck is raised from the bottom of the tank, letting the ends of the wicks drop down into the juice. I'm not entirely sure why they did this, but it seems to work: I have had no wicking issues. The flavor is good--not perfect (but, in fairness, the juice I'm using is a little old, so I may not be the best judge). I have only three gripes: 1) I get a little bit of leaking when the tank is less than half full (the juice seems to be coming through the air holes, but only enough to grease your finger if you touch it); 2) the airflow at maximum is a little tight for my taste, although that is only when I want to take a bigger, partial lung hit; and 3) my own drip tip (replacing the delrin one that comes with the kit) does not sit entirely flush on the top cap (but it's the tiniest of gaps, so not a concern other than visually).

That said, I do like the tank. It has easy top-fill, the machining is top-notch, and it is a joy to use and vape. My track record with Innokin tanks has been less than stellar (it used to be "love the mods/hate the tanks"), but this tank is a good standard tank. I'd put it alongside the Kanger Subtank, both in size and in performance--although I'd give the nod to the Ares for buildability. It won't compete with some of the high-end RBAs out there, but I don't think its meant to.

YrSZpNInzcccWISaKt8HJZZeAH5e4tfg6PjBR2_NLrng5Wtcs0WLdy4riPNXBLtvvvZMoHUuCEd3lDoHnd_gl2u6LhPaERJjXiLW6HiNqc8lFbm-ahd6EwqYCY79pxxj8yEWxTH0IPky4MQC5fpxq-0Jr1LuWlRLhEEzMq-TtibSYiNCWRJzlNeXS0zLty5RqVtuIMCd4uExXP40Q1QgwuUkBrlhUPFK3m0EoGdsE9Q0In-TKiDDQZWIftxqveJJB_eZJIfp53EBK9_D93ssCSITJskvS1CZmWI7nk7s3Z80hUDD2XMQVyS2L3SmDHW_r0fM_nkIFpcQ9Pjrjunb4iy2PAbJ1JlkeLw1JfDwNqvFiGdQo7tVzNDXG2_-BsknmKSYv9SnKiziSCDfFCi37RAPNnfcprAdCa-6mD255pXybkZ-hW46kVyF6f-j1BW_L2mOV8FRv0G0ZDOYq2bg_W5eed5Y-YuDVzZEFjjIf2cmBCcLvO97kJqz6SzmOEqoj_ouQ0fZsljyG9oBzMMAjjoX3C5qEnnaO4PFUKN8jhZIowO4svfvL2ntkuCxFvX5IUxLr2_SpS6p-Ylkw7j1ZYDORyCPVRm1hB_aoOP1=w535-h1069-no

And a review:

Dieseler

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2011
Illinois
I too wish the Innokin zenith had rebuildable coil heads available for it as do not want to worry about proprietary coils heads unless one can rebuild them. Bought an Innokin ares which has the raised deck have 2 vaped exclusively for 2 weeks with diy very high PG @95% and no leaks very happy with them and have 2 more on the way .

CountBoredom

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2014
San Diego, CA, USA
I too wish the Innokin zenith had rebuildable coil heads available for it as do not want to worry about proprietary coils heads unless one can rebuild them. Bought an Innokin ares which has the raised deck have 2 vaped exclusively for 2 weeks with diy very high PG @95% and no leaks very happy with them and have 2 more on the way .
My second just arrived yesterday...

Reactions: Dieseler

at0m

May 1, 2018
Hi all. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but it seemed appropriate. New-ish owner of the Ares and it worked flawlessly for what it is until a day ago. Sitting on top of my Aegis it alternates between no coil detected and atomizer short. I've taken it apart and put it back together half a dozen times and put it on a different mechanical mod that wouldn't fire it. On the ohm's tester it sometimes reads 0.02 and then sometimes reads what it should but mostly it doesn't register at all. I've narrowed it down to the 510 screw I think. I hadn't touched that until I was having problems but now that I look at it it's in very loose but when I try to tighten it it just spins and spins. I tried a different screw but same result. Hopefully it's something easy that I was just dumb enough to miss. Anybody else had this? Thanks

• Optimistic
Reactions: Opinionated

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Hi all. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this but it seemed appropriate. New-ish owner of the Ares and it worked flawlessly for what it is until a day ago. Sitting on top of my Aegis it alternates between no coil detected and atomizer short. I've taken it apart and put it back together half a dozen times and put it on a different mechanical mod that wouldn't fire it. On the ohm's tester it sometimes reads 0.02 and then sometimes reads what it should but mostly it doesn't register at all. I've narrowed it down to the 510 screw I think. I hadn't touched that until I was having problems but now that I look at it it's in very loose but when I try to tighten it it just spins and spins. I tried a different screw but same result. Hopefully it's something easy that I was just dumb enough to miss. Anybody else had this? Thanks

If the 510 screw is loose, do NOT try firing the thing. Don't have an Ares, but the 510 screw needs to be tight, or you'll have random problems, the least of which is "no atomizer." You were lucky it was there, and not 0.02 when you tried it on the mech!

There has to be an piece in the deck that the screw goes into. Maybe finish the dis-assembly to find it? And check that the screw insn't stripped as well. If it is stripped and still under warranty, contact the vendor for a replacement.

at0m

May 1, 2018
If the 510 screw is loose, do NOT try firing the thing. Don't have an Ares, but the 510 screw needs to be tight, or you'll have random problems, the least of which is "no atomizer." You were lucky it was there, and not 0.02 when you tried it on the mech!

There has to be an piece in the deck that the screw goes into. Maybe finish the dis-assembly to find it? And check that the screw insn't stripped as well. If it is stripped and still under warranty, contact the vendor for a replacement.
Thanks for the response. Didn't mean to be reckless. I think if anything's stripped it's the threads of whatever the screw goes into since I tried two different screws. I will take the tank apart again when I get home and see if I can find what I missed.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    Innokin helped me completely quit the nasty cigarette, so thy'll always have a special place in my vaping heart :p Going from a CE4 to a T18 was like night & day in terms of flavor and vapor production. I also recently acquired the Ares and it is goooooooood, no leaking. I'm happy :)

20171010_140917.jpg

^Pic of my first Innokin products :p

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Innokin helped me completely quit the nasty cigarette, so thy'll always have a special place in my vaping heart :p Going from a CE4 to a T18 was like night & day in terms of flavor and vapor production. I also recently acquired the Ares and it is goooooooood, no leaking. I'm happy :)

^Pic of my first Innokin products :p

Snap - me too. Started on the t18, went up to a t22. 4 months later using the innokin zenith tank :D
    t22t18.jpg

Mine are just a bit more purple ;)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread