Status
Not open for further replies.

Burly

Molon Labe
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Park Hills, MO, U.S.A.
I am about to decide once and for all on a high end VV pruchase. My search is down to either a ProVari or a GG (maybe both, LOL).

I am not asking for a ProVari slam and quite frankly, wouldn't believe one if I read it. I guess what I am really asking is:

Is there any shortcomings about the ProVari at all? Is there something possibly missing? Something you wish it did?

It would be a shame to NOT consult the Forum before my purchase. :2cool:

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the GG's all mechanical PV's?

The Provari, meh, I'd skip it if I were you. It's not all it's cracked up to be IMHO. The menu system is backwards from what it should be, it constantly drops my calls / texts / emails, gets terrible service everywhere, and doesn't even do 4g yet. Plus, you'll spend countless hours of your life taking the battery out just to feel what threads are supposed to feel like, and just holding it to admire the build quality and feel of it in the hand. Terrible I tell you. :D

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Very few will find fault with a ProVari. I have two, one Version 1 which I've owned since June of 2011. It has been to hell and back. Also I own a fairly new Version 2 Mini, it's an amazing little thing.
The one limitation that ProVaris have is the inability to pump out large amounts of power for those people who like it that way; some people like 5 volts on a 1.5 ohm atomizer for instance. This limitation is by design for safety, was more pronounced in Version 1 but loosened up a little in Version 2. If that limitation doesn't affect you all I can say is this:

buy a Version 2 ProVari. I believe every vaper should have one. If I were to only be allowed to keep one APV out of all that I have collected and for the rest of my life, it would be the ProVari. Rock solid, flexible, excellent support, everything about it would make that decision a no-brainer for me.

Burly

Molon Labe
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Park Hills, MO, U.S.A.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the GG's all mechanical PV's?

The Provari, meh, I'd skip it if I were you. It's not all it's cracked up to be IMHO. The menu system is backwards from what it should be, it constantly drops my calls / texts / emails, gets terrible service everywhere, and doesn't even do 4g yet. Plus, you'll spend countless hours of your life taking the battery out just to feel what threads are supposed to feel like, and just holding it to admire the build quality and feel of it in the hand. Terrible I tell you. :D

Yes, the GG is mechanical... but OH so sexy! I like sexy.

ProVari doesn't get 4G?!?! That's unfortunate.

Burly

Molon Labe
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Park Hills, MO, U.S.A.
Just for the sake of clarity, I believe the V2 will carry you up to 5.2v on a 1.5ohm atty or carto. I use 1.5's and run them at 4.2. That's warm enough for me (and some have said I'm crazy for even that much). I (obviously) disagree :evil:

That's what I was hoping. I am worried about those error codes. I use 1.5 cartos and run at 4.2-4.5. I let the juice decide.

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Yeah no GG VV.. but im a provari guy to the core..

For GG variable volt, I think Imeo it currently working on the Proteus... Still gonna be a couple months. The only NEGATIVE I can think of on the Provari, is that the positive post sits slightly higher than other PV's, which means that some cartos or atties won't thread all the way down flush, and if you try to force it to, you will come onto the forum complaining that your Provari killed your atomizer.

Ratman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2012
Tulsa OK
I would love it if had variable wattage and the variable voltage it already has. The one button menu system works well but can get a bit tiresome at times. That would be the closest thing to a knock I could throw at it.

Mainly tho it works and it works perfectly...every...single...time! and that all by itself in this industry is worth the hype IMO

Don Kaluminati

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
Trust me when it arrives you'll come right back here and tell us how much you love it. I love the GGTS's but they are I think $230 new and so is the Darwin... don't quote me on that I'm too lazy to look them up right now. As a matter of fact I love my lil mini so much I immediately bought the same exact one four days later and paid for the extended warranty. It's that good. Plus I paid $50 in taxes for both combined which you don't have to pay in Missouri. You basically get to upgrade the color, which is a high grade ceramic fingerprint resistant coating, for free compared to what I paid. I don't even care lol I'd do it again.

CIMG4374.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread