Is e juice vegan? is e liquid vegan? are e cigs vegan? Cruelty-free e juice cruelty-free e liquid cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

veganvap

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
usa
I get this PM from time to time, so I'm writing this to be searched easier.

Most e juice is %100 vegan. You might find some with animal-based glycerin or something but it's very uncommon. Email the supplier and they'll usually tell you it's vegan. Same with DIY flavors, which many already note are vegan.

PG, VG, artificial and natural flavors, and liquid nicotine were probably tested on animals for FDA approval. But you'd probably have to buy like 1,000 gallons of PG usually sourced from DOW to give a penny of support towards future testing DOW might do. There are many things you can do to compensate for the 1 penny like using less electricity etc.
Living %100 cruelty-free isn't possible for most if not all people. If you're reading this, your computer might be built using animal products and painted with chemicals tested on animals. Even if you support the broccoli industry by eating a lot of broccoli, an anti-broccoli company might fight for market share by giving a bunch of rabbits cancer then feeding them only broccoli to say broccoli doesn't help fight cancer.

caveat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
United States
Good thing!

Vegan.jpg

Underwhelmed

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
Texas
WOAH WOAH WOAH! Are you telling me that vegetable glycerin comes from... vegetables? That's it. Where's my beef glycerin?

All in jest, naturally. :p

Vegetable glycerin is sort of self explanatory, and you might think all e-liquid would be vegan and not come from animals, but many "natural" flavorings do.

Just don't ask where raspberry flavoring comes from if you don't want to know (Hint-it's not always from raspberries).

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
Vegetable glycerin is sort of self explanatory, and you might think all e-liquid would be vegan and not come from animals, but many "natural" flavorings do.

Just don't ask where raspberry flavoring comes from if you don't want to know (Hint-it's not always from raspberries).

I vape unflavored, so it's not an issue for me... I HAVE TO ask though... Where does raspberry natural flavoring come from, if not from natural raspberries?

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla
WOAH WOAH WOAH! Are you telling me that vegetable glycerin comes from... vegetables? That's it. Where's my beef glycerin?

All in jest, naturally. :p

Think we can get a group buy going on beef glycerin? :laugh:

That wiki about where certain flavorings come from is somewhat disturbing... Although it isn't going to make me stop enjoying certain flavors... Am I just gross or what? :confused: :laugh:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
Well, I guess if you're vaping organic (allegedly natural) beef, chicken, fish,egg or custard juice you should check with the vendor. Frankly, I don't see how an atomizer would hold up to something like that after say one single puff. "Custard" btw is not "custard" when it comes to ejuice... its a chemical that gives the effect and flavor of custard... no eggs were used in the production of this juice.

GraCnT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2012
Staten Island, NY
rondasherrill:14069677 said:
Raspberry, Strawberry and Vanilla "natural" flavorings can come from animal sources.
Castoreum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh god... That's disgusting, and I'm not vegan.

Other people reading this thread: Do NOT click that link and scroll up to read where castoreum comes from. Accept that it's a "not fruit" chemical, and move on.

I just had to click the link. ... SMH why didn't I just listen to you?
That is completely gross..... and I'm not Rd Gan either but I'm not sure it would matter lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread