Is ECF addictive? Whats your average # of posts daily?

Status
Not open for further replies.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
"Paradox", French West Indies
:rolleyes::rolleyes:I've been a wondering how much time some members spend on this forum and why? and do you think you're hooked?

Also, some (relatively) new members have already achieved over a 1,000 posts in a few weeks!!!!!!!!!

I figure it is a terrific place to grow your knowledge and (at the same time) help new members/vapors by answering their questions; but is there an issue here regarding 'status' or else something more elusive.......

My family think I spend too much time on it but my average posts are only around 2 posts a day, granted, mostly accumulated in the last few months.

What's your take on it?:)

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I found it super addictive when I first joined, because everyone wants to be the one to help. Or, new members think they have a new and original post without even searching the forum (I definitely made this mistake). It's certainly calmed down, and I'm between 2-5 posts a day.

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
ECF has become such a big part of my life over the last 3+ years, I'm definitely hooked.

My wife calls you guys/gals my tribe, she sees me online and asks "how's your tribe doing today?"

I probably spend an average of an hour or two a day.

Why? Some for learning, some for helping, some for buying and selling. Here I've learned to rebuild, to DIY my own juice and become a self sustaining vaper. I've found some awesome suppliers and made some great friends.The most interesting part for me is observing the social interaction between members, it's always entertaining (I was a psyche major).

I'm not sure what you mean by "is there an issue regarding 'status' or else something more elusive..." Seems like there's a question there about something in particular.

Hope this gives you a little insight.

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
ECF has become such a big part of my life over the last 3+ years, I'm definitely hooked.

My wife calls you guys/gals my tribe, she sees me online and asks "how's your tribe doing today?"

I probably spend an average of an hour or two a day.

Why? Some for learning, some for helping, some for buying and selling. Here I've learned to rebuild, to DIY my own juice and become a self sustaining vaper. I've found some awesome suppliers and made some great friends.The most interesting part for me is observing the social interaction between members, it's always entertaining (I was a psyche major).

I'm not sure what you mean by "is there an issue regarding 'status' or else something more elusive..." Seems like there's a question there about something in particular.

Hope this gives you a little insight.

Thanks, actually I only posted this for you all to have a bit of fun with:pThere are many much more needy subjects to post but I have to go cook dinner and deal with a few drama's before i'll be left in peace again-lol

I suppose my observation is that rather than just having everyone as a 'full member', there is a graduation to 'ultra member' and beyond. In the last month I have seen a number of new members post 30-40 times a day and wondered what motivates somebody young and working or with a family life to dedicate so much time to a forum.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Wait.

I'm supposed to have a life?

Go figure,

I don't like to talk about me but honestly, for a while now my real life sucks, Its so bad I don't even get bad luck anymore.

Being a Gemini my nature is to learn and share with others. Coming here feeds that quite nicely, and gives me an escape when I can share knowledge with others.

Unlike a lot of other interests there is always something new going on with vaping.

Last edited:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
As of this post (which of course will boost the numbers):

Total Posts 18,530
Posts Per Day 19.90

Addicted? Who me? Why do you wanna know? :unsure:

To be honest, my post count really reflects a lot of time spent in a group forum where I have made a lot of friends. In a lot of passionate debates over the fate of vaping. Yelling at people and giving pep talks LOL.

As for how much time to I spend on ECF? not tellin'.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
[...]passionate debates over the fate of vaping[...]

I fondly remember those...:D

0Z6Bf4B.gif

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
As of this post (which of course will boost the numbers):

Total Posts 18,530
Posts Per Day 19.90

Addicted? Who me? Why do you wanna know? :unsure:

To be honest, my post count really reflects a lot of time spent in a group forum where I have made a lot of friends. In a lot of passionate debates over the fate of vaping. Yelling at people and giving pep talks LOL.

As for how much time to I spend on ECF? not tellin'.

As we say in England Robino 1,"Mum's the Word", buggered if I know what that mean's, I just came here to improve my coiling technique and my 2 finger typing skills!

juicynoos

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wait.

I'm supposed to have a life?

Go figure,

I don't like to talk about me but honestly, for a while now my real life sucks, Its so bad I don't even get bad luck anymore.

Being a Gemini my nature is to learn and share with others. Coming here feeds that quite nicely, and gives me an escape when I can share knowledge with others.

Unlike a lot of other interests there is always something new going on with vaping.

and you do it eloquently, a vast panorama of knowledge and if not shared, surely wasted-you know your the man (except for Baditude):D

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I'm on here almost everyday...at about this time.I tend to check the legal stuff and then wonder around a bit. I don't really post as much as I used to. I've pretty much settled into my gear and can't really offer much advice on what the rest of you discuss. Frankly, 50 watt this, sub-ohm that...I usually don't have a clue what you are all talking about. Things change so fast around here...you can be obsolete before you know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread