Is Mech for Me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antony73

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2014
China
I am very seriously considering the Mech Mod route. It's mainly for durability. I only use 2.4ish coils, but slowly going down to 2-2.0 range. Some posters have said that Mech Mods are not worth buying if you're not going to sub-ohm and use an RBA. Is this true? Can't be?

Could a mech mod give just as good a vape on 2.4ohm/3.7v from an MVP/PTII? (btw, I am aware a mech mod is non-vv, starts at 4.2 and drops. I've done all the math/battery research).

TBCAmor

Verified Member
Jun 4, 2014
Denver, CO.
I really enjoy my 1.2ohm kayfun clone on my mech, which is 15watts. Pure bliss and simplicity on its own.

This is my exact build on my mechs and vv/vw as well. Same ohms and atty. I have not put down my mechs except for building since I got my first about 3 weeks ago. I love em. I went the route of being totally electronically naive, to reading and talking to people, and started with a kayfun. My first build was successful, and I'm an inpatient shaky handed guy.

Maybe start with an rba, kayfun lites especially the EHPro V2 are super easy and give great flavor. For me, once I realized I could build, I realized it was time for a mech. They're cheap if you go the clone route, too, so do some research and do it is my advice. Also, that kayfun lite v2 can be had on eBay for about 31 bucks with free shipping. Mine arrived in two days, plenty of u.s. Vendors.

Additionally, you can run tanks on mechs, as others have said, and kanger just released .8 ohm coils I think? I know they make around 1.5 ohm ones, both of those would be great on a mech. Have fun, it turned vaping into a hobby for me and I love it.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I am very seriously considering the Mech Mod route. It's mainly for durability. I only use 2.4ish coils, but slowly going down to 2-2.0 range. Some posters have said that Mech Mods are not worth buying if you're not going to sub-ohm and use an RBA. Is this true? Can't be?

Could a mech mod give just as good a vape on 2.4ohm/3.7v from an MVP/PTII? (btw, I am aware a mech mod is non-vv, starts at 4.2 and drops. I've done all the math/battery research).

Just get a mech that can take a 18650 and a vv kick and you get almost the best of both worlds.
Set the vv to 3.7 and vape away; build coils to suit; then even if the kick fails while you're on the road, you just pop it out, change the tube and continue vaping.

3.7 v should be fine for 2.4 ohm PTII single coils; dual coils usually need higher voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread