Mech vs Mech Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
Here you go. The switch is next to the battery sled inside.
20151108_122430_zps5yetdior.jpg
looks like you have a different switch on there. did you modify it or did it come that way?

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
TheKman, Tommy wondered which is correct; double the amps in dual parallel config, or 1.5x the amps in reality... :) (The 1.5x amps, is because of taking account of real world scenario, but I don't know if that applies here)

I've also read both like him, and looked it up again, but couldn't help with the question, since it's split based on who replies and since I don't know enough about electronics personally to know the actual answer...
40amps with perfectly balanced batteries but in the real world one battery always has a higher voltage under load so 30 amps would be a more realistic safe limit. especially as the batteries age and internal resistance goes up.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
I just recieved my aluminum abaddon from FC and it's for now really nice imho and only 18 bucks. Btw, I love ordering from FC to eu with deutche-post(still sent from china though), as it's only taking a week or a day or two more in last several occasions! Normally abaddon's from ivogo and others are silver plated brass, and mine was also described as such, but after ordering, they changed the detail-picture out(but not text). The version I recieved, where like the new pics, copper on all connections(and pin), and silver plated neg-screws. Silver is a better conductor and less oxidating, but only as long as it lasts, so I don't know if I rather would have had the silver-brass contacts, but nonetheless, it's from first usage really a nice mod which hits really good and is so small, compact and awesome feeling in hand + great copper button. I wanted to try if I liked the abaddons before I contemplated getting the copper ivogo version, but already this version will probably not needing me to get another as it's so great imho...

focalecig.com - Abaddon Style Dual 18650 Box Mod - Silver

I agree enthusiastically. The Lethal is as good as a mech gets IMO. When I leave the house, I grab my Lethal with a Uwell Crown. Trouble free vaping all day long.

2ACE70AA-6BC4-467F-88F2-CE0EDE6C5AFC.jpg

I was thinking about ordering somethings from focalecig, specifically the Noisy and abaddon. How do they hit?

Is that lethal authentic?

How is the clone? How to tell authentic from clone?

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
I was thinking about ordering somethings from focalecig, specifically the Noisy and abaddon. How do they hit?

The Noisy Cricket is fantastic. A must have. At around 0.8 ohm is where I build the atty for it and it is a fire breathing monster.

The Abaddon clone I have had some issues before it would even fire an atty. The positive pin was waaaaay too far down in the mod body to make contact with the atty 510 pin. I happened to have a longer pin (too long actually) and was able to cut it off and slot it to make it work with the Abaddon. The switch was also garbage and required Hulk-like strength to make contact. Removed the spring and sanded down the bottom of the plastic button base. It now runs well.

The Lethal I have is a clone. Haven't handled an authentic, but the clone is marvelous. Zero complaints. I may well have to get another. Great switch, robust construction, and minimal maintenance.

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
The Noisy Cricket is fantastic. A must have. At around 0.8 ohm is where I build the atty for it and it is a fire breathing monster.

The Abaddon clone I have had some issues before it would even fire an atty. The positive pin was waaaaay too far down in the mod body to make contact with the atty 510 pin. I happened to have a longer pin (too long actually) and was able to cut it off and slot it to make it work with the Abaddon. The switch was also garbage and required Hulk-like strength to make contact. Removed the spring and sanded down the bottom of the plastic button base. It now runs well.

The Lethal I have is a clone. Haven't handled an authentic, but the clone is marvelous. Zero complaints. I may well have to get another. Great switch, robust construction, and minimal maintenance.
Did you get both lethal and cricket from focalecig?

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark

The abaddon I have from fc(aluminum for 18 bucks) is very nice imho :) It's a version made with unplated copper contacts/510/internals(except negative-terminals which are silver-plated), instead of silver plated brass like the ivogo's etc. Also the ivogo's has two or three of the screws in SS or alike, whereas mine are all copper. It also has a black insulation non-translucent tape and the plate under the button is shorter than the ivogo's etc.

Other than that, I cannot see any differences between mine and the others on FC/FT etc. Both types should fire/hit the same btw, and it was just to sum up the differences if you decide to get this version.

I have zero firing/switch problems, and I love the small formfactor, weight and switch design. It's rounded edges makes it a plaesure to hold. I also love that the button and spring is islotaed from the circuit, so no chance of getting hot/collapse.

It was very oxidized internally when I gotten it, so make sure to completelly disassemble everything and give it a good bath + scrub-down in e.g. vinegar/lemon-juice and salt, or otherwise meassures.

I always run builds at 0.12 personally, and the abaddon hits maybe slighly less hard than my nikita and castigador clones, with identical batts, builds and attys, but it's pretty hard to notice a difference and it honestly also could be imaginary really :)

Last edited:

chillaxing

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
los angeles, ca
I felt keeping the money in the US for this purchase, so i went with a Noisy for $30 shipped.

Love the form factor, and now its the wait to see how it functions.....

I'm DONE.... over $300 in vape gear the past 2 days, when I already have all these older mechs and gennies....

Another question since I've been out of the game for awhile. what do authentic Nemesis and Atomos go for right now in the classies? Pretty much switching over to box mods so no need for them anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread