Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
No, she really is on dialup. There are still some places that don't give a rat's .... if you have a slow connection or not. We only got a faster connection a couple of years ago and that was dumping the big local company and going with a little startup.
My friend is on dial up, because it's to costly to run lines and directv wants over 400 a month for cable and internet

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I'm using the Galaxy S8+ and reloading a page when I was informed by a pop up that there's a new format. I know I asked before it it's just me that I can't like a post so is it that way with pc users as well? Did ECF want to put an ending to post liking? If so why when you look in someone's profile do you see how many likes they had before the format switch?
I think it's just a glitch that will get ironed out when the dust settles. I'm on an iPad and I can't "like" anything right now, either. Patience Grasshopper. LOL. Consider your post liked. ;)

Reactions: stols001

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
My friend is on dial up, because it's to costly to run lines and directv wants over 400 a month for cable and internet

Yikes! We pay $30 a month and it's good enough to was TV shows/movies on Amazon. Otherwise we have no real TV reception here. Downside is every time there's a t-storm it hits the tower and fries the transmitter.

Not having a problem downloading the new format, I just can't switch it to the old one right new. :(

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
No, she really is on dialup. There are still some places that don't give a rat's .... if you have a slow connection or not. We only got a faster connection a couple of years ago and that was dumping the big local company and going with a little startup.
dangit hate i can't like comments but thx for the precision :p i didn't know, but that's pretty bad... even in the weirdest places here you can get better than that,sad to hear :(

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
dangit hate i can't like comments but thx for the precision :p i didn't know, but that's pretty bad... even in the weirdest places here you can get better than that,sad to hear :(

I know, it's pretty hard to believe isn't it. And they're trying to get speedy internet to remote foreign villages (a good thing) but forget people in the US.

• Agree

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
I just feel so bad for Oliver. He is doing all of this for us. Grateful that he cares, just wish it could be done with baby steps. Maybe stuff like this doesn't work that way.

I'm no tech person by any stretch of the imagination. My understanding is that we can get back to the original version though when I tried it didn't work. They're working on the system so suspect that's the hangup.

My original gripe was that the text showed up gray and was hard to read. It's darkened up somewhat, it seems, so I'm happier.

He wanted to change it for ECF's 10th Anniversary. His site, his right. Guess I'll wait to see what it's like when all the kinks are worked out.

Then there's the poor people on dial up. :(

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
Dark mode is amazing. Twitter, Twitch, and YouTube has it for browsers. If only Facebook would catch up to it :p

I think the biggest problem, was it was just BAM new look overall. With the new theme, it takes people to adjust and relearn a whole new design to websites.

It's good to see someone that cares enough to keep up and maintain a site like this that will be around for many more years and help a lot more people in the future. Be it tomorrow or a year from now.

• Agree

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
Dark mode is amazing. Twitter, Twitch, and YouTube has it for browsers. If only Facebook would catch up to it :p

I think the biggest problem, was it was just BAM new look overall. With the new theme, it takes people to adjust and relearn a whole new design to websites.

It's good to see someone that cares enough to keep up and maintain a site like this that will be around for many more years and help a lot more people in the future. Be it tomorrow or a year from now.

Agreed :)

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm no tech person by any stretch of the imagination. My understanding is that we can get back to the original version though when I tried it didn't work. They're working on the system so suspect that's the hangup.
For a while the original version wasn't working. Try it again. Choose 'ECF'. It seems to be working now.
FlamingoTutu said:
He wanted to change it for ECF's 10th Anniversary. His site, his right. Guess I'll wait to see what it's like when all the kinks are worked out.
It'll probably be ok once it's totally finished. But, he may be working out the kinks for a while.
Dark mode is amazing.
Yes, it is!
dbrandt01 said:
That's why I'm trying to have a patient attitude. He's putting his heart and soul into this site and its improvements. So, I'll just sit back, be patient, and enjoy the eventual benefits.

• Agree

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains
For a while the original version wasn't working. Try it again. Choose 'ECF'. It seems to be working now.

It'll probably be ok once it's totally finished. But, he may be working out the kinks for a while.

Yes, it is!

That's why I'm trying to have a patient attitude. He's putting his heart and soul into this site and its improvements. So, I'll just sit back, be patient, and enjoy the eventual benefits.

:D @DancingHeretik Thank you! Working for me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread