Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Orlando, FL

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Mine has been going strong now for 6 months with no noticeable drop off in lifespan yet. However it shares my vaping duty with two other APVs so I typically only run it dead every other day. Just ran across this in another post: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...er-folks-vaping-front-porch-part-2-a-895.html

lol... thanks for the head's up. I just ordered a "backup" MVP, a full size Nautilus ($19.95!), and another pack of BVC coils. All the prices are fantastic and the 10% new customer discount more than covered the shipping.

edit: WOW! Tracking number received 13 minutes after placing my order. I'm assuming that means the order will go out the door today. If so, that is absolutely fantastic service. Looks like RBV will definitely receive future business from me.

Last edited:
I got mine back when ordering it on Nov. 1, 2013 and not one sign of any dropoff of battery once charged up. I carry it with me but like I was saying earlier use a variable battery until I get where I am going while driving. I am favoring the VTR more however being the MVP's larger brother for all day at home vaping unless grabbing one of several other variables battery or even the MVP at times since I keep several tanks filled each with a different flavor I am presently playing catch up.

Almost 10 months later however I can say the MVPs are more likely to hold up longer then some other APVs as well as seeing a variable battery go in a week's time! When the Groove II failed however and looking at a replacement the better constructed VTR stood out plus no sealed one time battery to worry about any longer. That had a rectangular battery while the VTR takes some large mah flap top batteries instead. When recharging one you simply pop another in eliminating the permanent battery concern while still seeing the MVP hold up! Innokin definitely has some better designs as well as adding quality into their devices.

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Parma, Ohio, United States
I thought I would drop in and let you guys know that my brand new MVP was fully charged when i got home on Monday for first usage i used it all the way until around 6 or so lasted about 24 hrs at heavy use I am still fiddling with the settings finding my optimum vaping setting. But I found that I like the VV setting the best I get the most vapor and awesome flavor. My current coil that rebuilt on the PT2 is about 1.2-1.3 great build by me ha ha.

Good for you! The MVP2.0 has a 2600mah battery in that while the smaller ITaste vv/vw V3 brother is 800mah. The full charge should last much longer then that as well as outlast the latest 1500-1600 variable batteries. What I will miss about the Groove II before getting the VTR was the slighter larger size and yet didn't really weigh that much more then MVP itself. The VTR is a zinc alloy and has the weight making it a bit awkward for some over the MVP and it's smaller size while the button is placed like the trigger found on some of those grip mods.

The one thing that does seem to urk some people with the MVP is how you find a shoulder around the button itself likely designed to keep it from accidental depression while carried around. The Groove II had a larger button on top much like what is seen on a vamo. But the casing was plastic and not as study build as the Innokin products. I noticed with the V3s they used rivets while none are present on any eGo batteres! Had the connector pulled on one of those when carried arond with a clearomizer attached. I put tanks, cartimizers, clearomizers, etc. on the MVP without worry! :D

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Good for you! The MVP2.0 has a 2600mah battery in that while the smaller ITaste vv/vw V3 brother is 800mah. The full charge should last much longer then that as well as outlast the latest 1500-1600 variable batteries. What I will miss about the Groove II before getting the VTR was the slighter larger size and yet didn't really weigh that much more then MVP itself. The VTR is a zinc alloy and has the weight making it a bit awkward for some over the MVP and it's smaller size while the button is placed like the trigger found on some of those grip mods.

The one thing that does seem to urk some people with the MVP is how you find a shoulder around the button itself likely designed to keep it from accidental depression while carried around. The Groove II had a larger button on top much like what is seen on a vamo. But the casing was plastic and not as study build as the Innokin products. I noticed with the V3s they used rivets while none are present on any eGo batteres! Had the connector pulled on one of those when carried arond with a clearomizer attached. I put tanks, cartimizers, clearomizers, etc. on the MVP without worry! :D

The MVP is my new favorite vaping device combined with the PT2 that i rebuild the coils on are a must when i started this I had a regular ego then went from that to the VV the BF stole that. To now the MVP I hav discovered that even on the lowest setting at 3.3 i still get alot of flavor and vapor thanks to my coil, and now i just have to find a drip tip that doesnt fall out of the PT2 haha.

The MVP is my new favorite vaping device combined with the PT2 that i rebuild the coils on are a must when i started this I had a regular ego then went from that to the VV the BF stole that. To now the MVP I hav discovered that even on the lowest setting at 3.3 i still get alot of flavor and vapor thanks to my coil, and now i just have to find a drip tip that doesnt fall out of the PT2 haha.

Sorry to hear "someone"(unspecified naturally) walked off with one of your batteries! For a time once I got away from the prefilled I stayed with the 650 size non vv eGos and experimented a little with the Vamo V2 at first and later a pair of 650 C-Twists and a 1300 mah Vision Spinner. I ended up keeping them at times at 3.2 or 3.3v(with the Vamo) from I later learned was the result of top coiled clearomizers! Once I got some and tried a few bcc tanks no more top coiled anything! Too much dry wick issues with long wicks and the need to turn them upside down constantly to insure ejuice gets to the coil!

The reality for the best vaping however for me was once I got into the variable voltage/wattage type starting off ironically with the MVP I correctly ordered on 10/31 not Nov. 1st 2013(went back and rechecked date of order) and while I had tried vaping one menthol at 5 watts I soon got even more adjusted to the lowest 7w on the MVP followed by the ITaste V3s I ordered during Black Friday specials and holiday promos! Then came the eGo-V V3 Mega 1300mah usb passthrough and the Smok Groove II that failed on me once I started using nightly! The MVP brought in the variable wattage however being my sunshine! :toast: :D

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Sorry to hear "someone"(unspecified naturally) walked off with one of your batteries! For a time once I got away from the prefilled I stayed with the 650 size non vv eGos and experimented a little with the Vamo V2 at first and later a pair of 650 C-Twists and a 1300 mah Vision Spinner. I ended up keeping them at times at 3.2 or 3.3v(with the Vamo) from I later learned was the result of top coiled clearomizers! Once I got some and tried a few bcc tanks no more top coiled anything! Too much dry wick issues with long wicks and the need to turn them upside down constantly to insure ejuice gets to the coil!

The reality for the best vaping however for me was once I got into the variable voltage/wattage type starting off ironically with the MVP I correctly ordered on 10/31 not Nov. 1st 2013(went back and rechecked date of order) and while I had tried vaping one menthol at 5 watts I soon got even more adjusted to the lowest 7w on the MVP followed by the ITaste V3s I ordered during Black Friday specials and holiday promos! Then came the eGo-V V3 Mega 1300mah usb passthrough and the Smok Groove II that failed on me once I started using nightly! The MVP brought in the variable wattage however being my sunshine! :toast: :D
Well they didnt walk off with it persay. .. but its my BF we live together can't be mad.. ha ha but the MVP is my new best friend he will get hurt lol. But being able rebuild coils on the PT2 is the best thing I have ever found. Combined with the MVP wow best vaping experience I have had since I started. However its sad right now down to my spare juice last resort.

Well they didnt walk off with it persay. .. but its my BF we live together can't be mad.. ha ha but the MVP is my new best friend he will get hurt lol. But being able rebuild coils on the PT2 is the best thing I have ever found. Combined with the MVP wow best vaping experience I have had since I started. However its sad right now down to my spare juice last resort.

Hey whatever works the best for you is the name of the game! :D:D:D Despite having an unopened bag of all natural cotton balls I still haven't been able to get the time aside to pick out a good rda to work with yet. And the coils for the different tanks can't be rebuilt any time soon only soaked in Efferdent or Oxyclean long enough to alow using them with a different flavor.

Twendt

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2013
United States, Toledo OH
So today I was sitting in my pre shift meeting at work and noticed my leg was getting very warm almost hot. After the meeting I pulled my MVP2.0 out of my pocket and the light was lit up and button wouldn't work one bit. Device was very very hot, after a few minutes the light went off and it was dead. Charged it up completely and no problems rest of the night (this happened @3pm) any ideas??

Sticky contact or other problem being revealed? The Innokin products for the most part have the 10second cutoff so finding that something in your pocket was pressing on the button all that time wouldn't explain the heat if the fail safe was working properly. With the way the button is on the MVP I doubt very much anything would have stayed pushing in on the button to begin with.

The next item is having what I saw on an eGo battery which would stay lit up and frozen until I removed a certain tank! When putting another tank on all was well. When putting that same tank on another identical eGo battery all was well once again! One stranger then science mystery! I would say. Flaky things can happen however because ecigs while many are better made like Innokin generally making their stuff just a little more durable. are still a more recent technology as far as being on the market. They are being rushed out from Chinese production lines note not US or other countries still after the first decade. oops! Attention Quality Control Dept. apparently lacking?

The Smok Groove II quit while still pumping power out at times by first seeing the display go dark. No more adjusting volts, watts! Then nothing would happen and then it would until DOA! The heat part in your situation however suggests something was arcing like a possible small short for a bit where the short circuit protection kicked in for you. Or something was drawing current as if the button was pressed in which amounts to about the same thing only without the button pressed in like a sticky contact being the most likely. A little ejuice get into the works a little?

I had that happen to a variable v/w battery where the display remained lit up but nothing would happen when the button was pressed until the tank was swapped. As I was mentioning before I suspected the circuit was stuck in some way since it was reading 0 ohms!

Well I swapped coils in the tank and it still showed 0 ohms afterwards indicating the battery was acting flaky at times. At other times the same tank was seeing 2 ohms for the Tumbler in use. I suspect the MVP you have there may have either seen the button stick or circuit remain closed for a period of time until you took it out and started pressing things where it then saw the circuit open and back to normal again. You'll need to keep a close eye out for any repeat occurance however since that would indicate the MVP could go on you at some point if the problem returns.

I hope it turns out to be a rare fluke for you. But to be on the safe side I would advise doing just that keeping a close eye on it and making sure you have it turned off when not in use. It just goes to show that even with the better made stuff problems can come up.
533.gif

Twicehorn

ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2014
Dallas
Here's a bit of weirdness. First, right or wrong my mvp is used as a pass through a lot, ie always charging. I noticed that it seemed to be turning itself off a lot, maybe holding button for 10 secs or pressing enough to actually turn off, although I chain vape, I dont think so.

In any event, now it turns off in such a way that the only way to turn it back on is to plug it in. In other words, its behaving like it's discharged, but it shows high 3 and 4 voltage. I have been using a kayfun with a 1.2 coil.

The resistance is likely the problem from being too low. The protection circuit is then coming in to takeover and turn it off. As far as a USB Passthrough type that's one thing the MVP and VV V3.0s are not.

With any 1.5, 1.8 upto 3ohm coil in a tank if you plug one into a port while it is still turned on it will remain on and you can vape still running on battery power mostly however. Some confuse that with total passthrough batteries where they are off to charge while if variable only vape at the 3.5-3.7v 3-4watts mark conserving power to put the rest into the actual recharge.

I haven't gotten into the rebuilding coils or stuffing fresh cotton into any as of yet here. I have a bag of 100% all natural cotton but broke a few Smok coils trying that out with those. Lately I have been mainly staying with the Smok Tumblers for the various batteries and APVs like the MVP and VTR.

I'm starting to worry about the MVP however being the first VV/VW APV purchased last November since the Innokin iTaste VV V3.0s all four suddenly won't see anything on their displays to allow adjusting the V or Watts. I've heard from a few that say those quit on them and one recognized my mention of that. I've been generally running that at the 7watts setting however along with the other VWs unless turning it up to 10w for a particular flavor due to what the max on the tank coils here.

darknecrotic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 6, 2014
    Columbia, SC
    www.caraudioinc.com
    So.. My old MVP bit the dust (O-ring in the 510 connector got damaged.. I pulled it out and snapped the power lead.) I decided to purchase another from ebay.. And the one that arrived had a new logo!! I got worried, considering the packaging was a tad different from the first as well. But long story short, I verified it on the website and it's the real deal. Not as pretty as the old logo, but the fire button seems a bit better.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread