iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group: Compiled List of Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
Toppers=Attys/. Yeah,that doesn't really cover cartos, but who really cares? We all know what's being referred to.

It's been a while since I've spent time on the forum. I just got an iTaste MVP 2.0. This month was my 6-year anniversary for vaping and quitting cigarettes. I began in 2008 with an Njoy old-school penstyle. After using eGos/eGo types mostly on Passthrough since sometime in 2010, I thought it was time to switch it up a bit. I've used for the most part cartomizers, but the quality control on them is not so great anymore. Anyway, I feel I now have a quite proper device and am using it with a clearo tank that finally doesn't mute the flavor (KangerTech Mini Protank 3) yay! I saw this thread and thought I should come here to say "Hi" and learn about my pretty, new device. I read the first post and laughed when I saw the word "toppers." That sounds like a little hat for our PVs. The name I gave them (in my head) was "juice delivery attachment." :lol: "Toppers" is much shorter, unless I shorten my made-up term to JDA. All we need is more acronyms, right? :rolleyes: Going to tackle this thread now. :nun:

Last edited:

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
It's been a while since I've spent time on the forum. I just got an iTaste MVP 2.0. This month was my 6-year anniversary for vaping and quitting cigarettes. I began in 2008 with an Njoy old-school penstyle. After using eGos/eGo types mostly on Passthrough since sometime in 2010, I thought it was time to switch it up a bit. I've used for the most part cartomizers, but the quality control on them is not so great anymore. Anyway, I feel I now have a quite proper device and am using it with a clearo tank that finally doesn't mute the flavor (KangerTech Mini Protank 3) yay! I saw this thread and thought I should come here to say "Hi" and learn about my pretty, new device. I read the first post and laughed when I saw the word "toppers." That sounds like a little hat for our PVs. The name I gave them (in my head) was "juice delivery attachment." :lol: "Toppers" is much shorter, unless I shorten my made-up term to JDA. All we need is more acronyms, right? :rolleyes: Going to tackle this thread now. :nun:

Hi Janet - the MVP v2 is great! Enjoy!

The MVP2.0 is what you would call the ultimate backup VV/VW device here not being the primary however. When first looking into ecigs as an alternative to tobacco back in Sept. '12 I had a friend who had just quit and was monitoring pulse rates while I was more interested in looking into the technology as well as finding a better smoke free alternative I could people to.

For the MVP2.0 the advantage is mostly with durablility. The display on another box mod ordered about 6 weeks after the 2.0 has already had one problem namely the display failing and later assumed to have gone DOA until just having tried another tank on it and seeing it vape. The MVP having been in use longer still operates as if it was just new out of the box.

I've got a question. If I'm pressing the button on an MVP and it just stops mid pull, blinks at me like it's restarting then goes back to normal (I can fire it again)...what exactly does that mean? Is it shorting out? I can't figure it out. Thanks.

Try another tank and inspect the coil if this is on a replaceable type in case the coil loosened up on you. A loose coil will break contact as well as allow ejuice to drip down onto the connector.

Purchased my mvp v2 in May from 101vape and I'm lucky to get maybe 300 pulls from it before going yellow. Either I killed it with a bad wall charger or its just a bunk piece. Doing some googling I hear that 101 is not an authorized reseller. Dont know if that means theyre clones or if they're just not getting them from Innokin but they have them for less than just about everyone else. Pretty bummed. I was really happy with everything I got from 101 until now. But, I guess, you get what you pay for. Average price is still between $50-60 bucks everywhere else which makes me question if I should just try another box mod around the same price. I saw mainly thread and tank related questions through the 21 pages but no, i did not read every single post so if this is a repeat complaint...forgive me. Anyone else have this experience? I read some reviews that said opening it up to troubleshoot is unwise so I'll probably not crack it open until I have a replacement device.

Purchased my mvp v2 in May from 101vape and I'm lucky to get maybe 300 pulls from it before going yellow. Either I killed it with a bad wall charger or its just a bunk piece. Doing some googling I hear that 101 is not an authorized reseller. Dont know if that means theyre clones or if they're just not getting them from Innokin but they have them for less than just about everyone else. Pretty bummed. I was really happy with everything I got from 101 until now. But, I guess, you get what you pay for. Average price is still between $50-60 bucks everywhere else which makes me question if I should just try another box mod around the same price. I saw mainly thread and tank related questions through the 21 pages but no, i did not read every single post so if this is a repeat complaint...forgive me. Anyone else have this experience? I read some reviews that said opening it up to troubleshoot is unwise so I'll probably not crack it open until I have a replacement device.

That's the same place I got mine on 11/1/13! Can't kill the one I have here while the Smok Groove II bit the dust in no time at all once I started using it nightly! So far everything by Innokin including the VTR I just got in from another vendor note has been reliable! The VV V3s all four of those keep on chugging as well.

One out of six total four SLB eGo-V V3 Mega vv/vw usb pass through batteries bought in December have held up as well. Two of three just ordered from another vendor for less in a plain not branded box are working while one of those bit the dust in under two weeks time showing the few bad do get out.

The MVP2.0 from 101 is the genuine article to let you know! Paid $43 for it at the time. The VTR can be found now for $70- at one place I found out after buying that from another for $75 and the advantage is being able to replace one flat top 18650 for another over the sealed battery type mod boxes! Less problems!

joeh353

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2014
Louisville, Ky

What voltage or wattage are you running at? I know mine if I up the power it doesn't last as long.

What voltage or wattage are you running at? I know mine if I up the power it doesn't last as long.

If you crank up the juice(voltage or wattage) on any battery or device that will be the case where the battery or batteries(in the case of some custom mods) will be drained much faster. You also tend to go through ejuice a bit faster as well! I generally keep the MVP as well as other variables at about 7 watts which is the lowest for the MVP2.0 as well as the VV/VW V3s put out by Innokin. The VTR starts off at 3w however like most VW type batteries.

I think he most likely ran into a dud however unless running it turned all the way up constantly which is never advised. A good idea is to follow the safe vaping charts which show what voltage, wattage works best depending on resistance. At first I was carrying the VTR along with the Innokin U Can 10ml container in the belt holder they have and later decided it would simply be better with the MVP. The VTR sits in a mod stand until I vape at home! :)

I follow the charts for the coils im using (nasty habit from my mech mod days ;) ) and I've never once gone above 8W or 4v. The lowest coil I've used on it is 1.5 factory kanger. As of today it wont even hold a charge. I can get maybe 130 pulls before its dead. Seems like its the battery backup switch that is it the problem. No matter what, I cannot get it to work and anytime I flip the switch the mod will just power off. Who knows. I had no problem with anything from 101 in the past and its my own fault for waiting to long to return. But I'm still hesitant to order a new one. Decisions, decisions.

Here I run mostly Smok Tumblers while still having tried out a variety of tanks usually one at a time like the Vision Victory, Smok Trophy, Kanger Aerotank mini and Mega tanks but stay mostly with the Tumblers. Sometimes with certain flavors I may bring it up with those few to 10w while still keeping the voltage about 3.8v when running with 2ohm coils which seem to prove themselves the best for that tank design providing smoothest vape and flavor.

Note this is done on other variable v/w batteries and mods as well as the MVP2.0 which remains a stronger runner along with now seeing it's larger brother the VTR. :)

Back when getting the firs Vamo V2 recently passed along to someone as well as the eGo C-Twists and Vision Spinner I kept close tabs on the safe vaping charts until eventually finding the "sweet spot" for the best results for the tanks I use for the variables when moving away from the prefilled I started off with and blank cartimizers. At this time I never let a drop go to waste when going to change flavors in a tank by draining the few drops left over into a single 60ml size bottle for some interesting blends! As with most flavors I run those at about 7w 3.8v since I may move a tank over to a non variable at times when going to recharge the MVP or other mod.

FisherPal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2009
Campbell River, BC
Great thread! Just got my MVP 2.0 on Saturday and, among other things, nice to know that my screen isn't scratched to hell after all. :D Although I may leave that protective covering on just to ... well ... protect it! Also I have to admit I am one of those people who didn't read the instruction manual completely so ... didn't know that the LED lights turn off completely when fully charged. Also good to know that I can use my Galaxy S2 cord to charge it with as I agree with what someone else said about the charging cord that comes with it is so short and you may not always be around your computer when you need to charge it. So having the wall adaptor and cord from the phone to use is awesome.

Overall I am absolutely loving this thing. So much so that I am going to sell the mech mod I thought I would never be without so that I can buy another one. This little unit has been the best vaping device I have ever owned (and I started when the only model out there was the 'penstyle'). Of course, I haven't had all THAT many devices as finances have always been an issue but, my God, for the price of this, I cannot imagine there is anything else out there that can beat it. Also dead easy to use re the VV/VW settings. At 60 yrs old that is a hugely important factor. Not sure what I think of the iClear 16B that came with it but sure love the Kanger Aerotanks with it.

Did I mention how much I am loving this thing? LOL

Glad to hear it! I've been around for about that long myself and have had great results with mine! I ended up getting the belt holder Innokin has for it and carry it whenever I go out as well as another variable battery for a second flavor at times.

The retractable charging cord does seem a bit short at times and is pull out and retracted as you would with a window shade by tugging one end and watch the spring pull the cord back in. Here I charge mostly by the 5v usb port on an alarm clock that can be used for other things like a cell phone since those will pull too hard on self powered(usb hubs with ac adapters) and can actually burn the circuit from pulling too much current(ecig batteries and mods like the MVP are rated for 350-650milliamps) while the surplus a 5v port will see the MVP or other charge up a bit faster over the 3.3v pc usb port.

Multi outlet plugins for electrical outlets also see one or two 5v usb ports on those as well. Haven't tried plugging directly into any USB 3.0 as of yet however since I have a self powered 4 port 2.0 hub in use on the desktop for fast charge while at the desk and the other 5v for full charges.

Jaime Bates

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Parma, Ohio, United States
Just got my MVP 2.0in the mail yesterday with my new pro tank 2! I jusy started to rebuild these coils. I was using a smok tech tumbler tank before finicky as hell. Popped the coil out out in the PT2 and vaped away. Bf made sure the battery was fully charged before I got home so we shall see how long the battery will last im a heavy vaper. But so far im in love. I quit smoking and started vaping back in May. I haven't looked back and now with the MVP I never want to go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread