Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
I had the opportunity to try an Aerotank Max this weekend. Well worth waiting for them to come out. The price is a bit steep, more than an MVP2 but the flavor and vapor production are outstanding. The Aspire is a great tank, but I am a bit worried about the threaded glass and lack of coverage on the tank. I AM clumsy and would find a way to break it. I also have a cloned Kayfun 3.1 and it is a champ on the MVP. Great flavor and vapor. I enjoy it more than I enjoyed the other 2 tanks but I like tinkering.

What's the difference between the aerotank max and the regular?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's the fact jack! :laugh: I wish I could say the same when going to order large mah 18650 batteries which turn out not to be able to able to fit inside a mechanical or other mod! For two Smok ACEs and one non variable 3.7v tube mod two Panasonics one dying after a few charges leaving one are the only ones so far over 3000mah that will fit! The 2250s are run on the non variable. The MVP2 and it's larger brother replacement mod the Groove II have not a worry there with the MVP's 2600 and Groove II's 3800mah!

Lately the best tanks found for the MVP it seems have still been the Smoktech Tumblers with 2ohm coils. The vapor output and flavor have been tremendous! The other newer tank is the smaller T-Duc 2.0 and soon to try 3.0 version that just came out with nearly the same performance but smaller and can be a bit awkward to fill due to the over sized center tube! The tip on most juice bottles isn't narrow enough to drip the ejuice down in! Vapor and flavor still good.

Haven't any problem with any tank or clearomizer on either the MVP 2.0 or any of the four VV V3s. A loose coil or atomizer can cause a few issues fast however as far as seeing nothing happen or shaky resistance readings. As for the 510 to eGo adapters mentioned in the guide there I find those work out best when accompanying a beauty ring for something like the Smok ACE(out for 2014) and the soon to have Vamo V5 with both seeing a removable top collar to reveal the eGo threading.

That was when still trying out the various 510 threaded tanks and soon the AeroTank II with air flow control while the Smok Tumblers in regular use now and T-Duc 2.0 being tried now to be followed by the T-Duc 3.0s seem to be working out the best on the MVP2, VV V3s, and other VV/VW batteries and mods. Removing the collar on the Smok ACE requires the 510/eGo adapter since Smoktech fails to chamfer the sharp edge in the aluminum body left behind when on the engine lathes used! Almost as sharp as a razor while I will Innokin has done a much better job on construction with their products!

madmaveric

Apr 27, 2014
United Kingdom
My MVP stopped working today (only had it a month) :( but I have managed to fix it :D

I thought this might be useful for others so here goes

The problem:

MVP shows 'non' without a tank but a short 'R0.0' with tank on.
Previously working tanks stop working.
If a pencil (or other non metallic item) is used to press lightly on the center pin the MVP shows R0.0 (a short). This indicates that the pin is shorting when being pressed down (like when you attach a tank).

The solution
I managed to pull the pin up enough such that it cleared the top of the threads, I then put a rubber grommet behind the lip (over the pin) and pressed it back in. This has now stopped the pin shorting when pressed and the unit is now working again.

Note that when puling the pin up do it gently as there are wires on the other end (so I'm told), if you pull too hard/far you could pull the wire off.
Nb. I hold no responsibility if you kill your device trying this fix

I believe that one of two things happened to mine, either the insulator broke up and disintegrated (what is the effect of ejuice on these non metal parts?) or the previous insulator fell out and I didn't notice.

Hope this helps someone else out.

You may get it to work by very lightly screwing the tank on but this will eventually stop working as well (mine did)

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
My MVP stopped working today (only had it a month) :( but I have managed to fix it :D

I thought this might be useful for others so here goes

The problem:

MVP shows 'non' without a tank but a short 'R0.0' with tank on.
Previously working tanks stop working.
If a pencil (or other non metallic item) is used to press lightly on the center pin the MVP shows R0.0 (a short). This indicates that the pin is shorting when being pressed down (like when you attach a tank).

The solution
I managed to pull the pin up enough such that it cleared the top of the threads, I then put a rubber grommet behind the lip (over the pin) and pressed it back in. This has now stopped the pin shorting when pressed and the unit is now working again.

Note that when puling the pin up do it gently as there are wires on the other end (so I'm told), if you pull too hard/far you could pull the wire off.
Nb. I hold no responsibility if you kill your device trying this fix

I believe that one of two things happened to mine, either the insulator broke up and disintegrated (what is the effect of ejuice on these non metal parts?) or the previous insulator fell out and I didn't notice.

Hope this helps someone else out.

You may get it to work by very lightly screwing the tank on but this will eventually stop working as well (mine did)

Several fixes here including the one you settled upon, but maybe not why you think :) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...59634-fixing-mvp-vv3-contact-issue-guide.html

madmaveric

Apr 27, 2014
United Kingdom
Several fixes here including the one you settled upon, but maybe not why you think :) http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...59634-fixing-mvp-vv3-contact-issue-guide.html

Thanks for the link, I did the same as the last one 'The O-ring/Washer Fix:' but for different reasons, (not to rise the pin to make contact but to raise it to stop it shorting out). I have noticed that I no longer have a red light on mine so I'm guessing I pulled the wire from it while raising the pin, no problems as I only see it when turning it on anyway :D

I did search to see if anyone had the same issue as I was seeing but couldn't find it so thought I would post (I'll add my comment to that thread as well). My problem was shorting as due to the center post bottoming out, rather than the center pin being too low and not making contact.

At least that link has pictures to make it easier to work out what I did (it didn't occur to me to take pics when doing it).

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I see. I kind of missed the part where you said it was giving you a short reading with the topper off. I do believe you are the first person who has reported that particular problem. Excellent job on the fix. Not sure if you have found it or not but the MVP owners thread has a ton of info on the MVP . This thread is kind of a summation of a lot of the information found there.

madmaveric

Apr 27, 2014
United Kingdom
No problem, I did see several other issues with the pin but couldn’t find one about shorting as soon as the pin had any pressure on it (so I thought it was worth adding). The fix is the same as for a pin being too short, just the symptoms are a bit different.

I've been reading the other thread, can be hard to keep up :D I wish I had some shares in the company that makes them lol

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I recently got an MVP shine (it was the only one left on sale) and none of my EVODs work with it - they don't appear to make center contact. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need a 510 to 510 adapter so it makes contact?

Click on my user name and then blogs for a guide to fixing the center pin issue.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
You can order free Di-Noc material from 3M here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwpDAPlXxxnTV0xvZnFjZnJSb3M/edit?usp=sharing

You can order up to 5 patterns and two of each of the 5 if you check the box when you order.

A template produced by COHgirl and digitized by Knurlednut can be found here:

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...ctural-Finishes/Surface-Finishes?N=2891&rt=c3

Download it then print it.

Welcome to the ranks, here's your sign
311972d1390847258t-innokin-army-banner-innokin-army.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread