Status
Not open for further replies.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Puff counter = powder puff = cosmetic counter in big store.
"English English" to "American English" translations... fun for the whole family.
mail1.gif

Mike.S

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2013
Michigan
My mvp2 died after a few days, i had a glass tank crack and leak all over my batt, now it wont charge, or light up or anything, only used for 3 days. Does any one know how to revive it?
I doubt rice will do anything. That's used as a dessicant when you get things wet with water. Neither PG nor VG really evaporate, so take apart/cleaning is required, not "drying."

If you want to try to recover it without taking it apart, I'd try dunking it in 99% isopropyl alcohol (local pharmacy), draining, repeat a few times to try and wash it out, then let it dry. Probably won't work, but it doesn't now.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I doubt rice will do anything. That's used as a dessicant when you get things wet with water. Neither PG nor VG really evaporate, so take apart/cleaning is required, not "drying."

If you want to try to recover it without taking it apart, I'd try dunking it in 99% isopropyl alcohol (local pharmacy), draining, repeat a few times to try and wash it out, then let it dry. Probably won't work, but it doesn't now.

Yeah...gonna take moping it out, might have just gooed out the click button

Hope you get it fixed up soon

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Just received my mvp2 from 101vape and I must say I'm impressed coming from an eGo/evod. Initially the tank wouldn't fire with the beauty ring on but I managed to get it on snuggly and now I'm vaping clouds like I never have before. Great device and fast service, especially living in Canada. Received it in 6 days.

Not many US vendors ship to Canada I thought. Nice to know Vape 101 does. I would say 6 days was fast shipping. Wait to you see how many days the battery lasts. It's a beast....

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Just received my mvp2 from 101vape and I must say I'm impressed coming from an eGo/evod. Initially the tank wouldn't fire with the beauty ring on but I managed to get it on snuggly and now I'm vaping clouds like I never have before. Great device and fast service, especially living in Canada. Received it in 6 days.
If you haven't read it yet... and don't mind weeding past the usual useless bla bla... there's some good MVP2 user tips here - even if I some of them are mine. :laugh:

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
Not many US vendors ship to Canada I thought. Nice to know Vape 101 does. I would say 6 days was fast shipping. Wait to you see how many days the battery lasts. It's a beast....

Thats for sure!! I am not a heavy vapor at all and I bet I could stretch it to 5 days without charging it. I normally do it on day 3.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Just wanted to add the Smoktech RSST to the list of toppers confirmed to work on the MVP 2, and I've been able to wrap a couple coils that test at 0.9 ohms on the device and fire just fine.

Thanks for this thread; nice compilation of general and specific info. :)
As much as you're enjoying the fact that it works... you're not getting the full benefit of that sub-ohm coil with the MVP2... as you would with a higher amp rated APV, or an unregulated mech.

The internal amp safety limiter is 3.0a, so at 5v, you're trying to send 5.5 amps through that 3a limiter... which is why most will "suggest", including Innokin, not going below 1.3Ω. Even right at 1.3Ω, it's a bit of a struggle (3.85a), but apparently, Innokin thinks the limiter can deal with it.

What will happen if you continue? Still not the best vape, compared to a APV that can deliver adequate power to a low ohm coil... and probably early failure of the microprocessor.

Why do they attempt to fire below 1.3Ω? Another sale for Innokin perhaps? :laugh:

I believe Phil Busardo comments on what I've covered on his review of the MVP2... might want to check that video to be sure I'm not lying to you.

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
As much as you're enjoying the fact that it works... you're not getting the full benefit of that sub-ohm coil with the MVP2... as you would with a higher amp rated APV, or an unregulated mech.

The internal amp safety limiter is 3.0a, so at 5v, you're trying to send 5.5 amps through that 3a limiter... which is why most will "suggest", including Innokin, not going below 1.3Ω. Even right at 1.3Ω, it's a bit of a struggle (3.85a), but apparently, Innokin thinks the limiter can deal with it.

What will happen if you continue? Still not the best vape, compared to a APV that can deliver adequate power to a low ohm coil... and probably early failure of the microprocessor.

Why do they attempt to fire below 1.3Ω? Another sale for Innokin perhaps? :laugh:

I believe Phil Busardo comments on what I've covered on his review of the MVP2... might want to check that video to be sure I'm not lying to you.

Thanks for the info, man. :)

I was just pleased that it would test my lower ohm coils, (I'm still very new to making my own), as it's the only device I have available right now to test em.

I had noticed that they perform much better on the Sigelei 8D that I bought along with the MVP 2. Now I know exactly why.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Thanks for the info, man. :)

I was just pleased that it would test my lower ohm coils, (I'm still very new to making my own), as it's the only device I have available right now to test em.

I had noticed that they perform much better on the Sigelei 8D that I bought along with the MVP 2. Now I know exactly why.
No problem. Please don't solely take my word for it, check the numbers out on an on-line ohms calculator, and watch that video I mentioned. I am wrong... on occasion. :blink:

It is nice that most all microprocessor controlled APVs read resistance... some more accurately than others, but still, good for folks that don't want or can't afford to buy a good DMM, or at least a ohms checker.

On that 8D... more not so good, but not terrible, news. Some (not all) have seen more than a 0.40 voltage drop with them. There are a few threads and videos around with info on how to improve that.

Still, with a good IMR 18650, the 8D will drive your 0.9Ω coil with ease. :D

7sixtwo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
the hinterlands
No problem. Please don't solely take my word for it, check the numbers out on an on-line ohms calculator, and watch that video I mentioned. I am wrong... on occasion. :blink:

It is nice that most all microprocessor controlled APVs read resistance... some more accurately than others, but still, good for folks that don't want or can't afford to buy a good DMM, or at least a ohms checker.

On that 8D... more not so good, but not terrible, news. Some (not all) have seen more than a 0.40 voltage drop with them. There are a few threads and videos around with info on how to improve that.

Still, with a good IMR 18650, the 8D will drive your 0.9Ω coil with ease. :D

More good info on the 8D, thanks again. I'll have to find the related threads/vids. It's my first mech mod, and for $22, so long as it worked, I figured I couldn't go too far wrong. I'm using Efest IMR 18650 1600 MaH batts with it, and with a 0.9 ohm mesh wick in the RSST, it's giving me some excellent vapage. :D

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
More good info on the 8D, thanks again. I'll have to find the related threads/vids. It's my first mech mod, and for $22, so long as it worked, I figured I couldn't go too far wrong. I'm using Efest IMR 18650 1600 MaH batts with it, and with a 0.9 ohm mesh wick in the RSST, it's giving me some excellent vapage. :D
There ya' go.
wink.gif

Side button mechs can be, ah... problematic at times. The quality of button contact continuity, almost always due to the minimal surface area, can create real issues with uber-sub-ohm builds. At 0.9Ω, you're prolly' OK though. Just keep that set of contacts clean and free of tarnish/corrosion, and you should be good to go.

I'd suggest some silver base, conductive grease on those contacts, but a 1/4 oz. tube, at $24, cost more than your mech did. :laugh:

On that RSST... a real easy to set up genny. Lots of folks are experimenting with ceramic, stainless cable and nickle mesh... and some with the first two, wrapped with ekowool and nickle mesh. Just sayin'... if you're feeling "experi-mental'ish". :D

Miller319

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
Connecticut

Imperialbeachboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Imperial Beach Ca.
Just threw on the free sample i got from 3M. Cut it down to size and free handed the cutouts. was going to use the template then read a few posts about it not fitting perfectly.Since i got 5 samples for free and you can get 3 wraps from each sample I thought if i messed it up I have a lot more to work with. Came out good on the first try.

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 10.36.31 PM.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread