iTaste MVP v2 Owners Group: Compiled List of Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn
Just threw on the free sample i got from 3M. Cut it down to size and free handed the cutouts. was going to use the template then read a few posts about it not fitting perfectly.Since i got 5 samples for free and you can get 3 wraps from each sample I thought if i messed it up I have a lot more to work with. Came out good on the first try.

View attachment 273018

Looks good, I got a shipping info from UPS saying they have a delivery for tomorrow the only thing I can think of is my free 3M samples.

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
If OP gets updated, I can add that these wraps listed in the OP are horrible.

http://www.fairy-gift.com/12piece-itaste-mvp-skin-wraps-p-53.html

They came bundled from the vendor I got my MVP V2 from. Are barely sticky enough to stick to itself when doubled over. The area around the display doesn't lay flush at all. They bevel up around the corner.

Etownguy

Aug 22, 2013
Kentucky
BUTTON WOBBLE (On/Off button on bottom isn't flush so may make it difficult to stand MVP up)

Like the v1, some don't like that the On/Off button on the bottom isn't flush, making it difficult to stand the device up on a surface.

MVP v1 button wobble fix: MVP Button Wobble Fix (easy way) (works for v2)

-- I used the tip of a chop stick and very carefully pushed down on the button until it was flush. No need for Hulk force.
-- That's the way I did it (button wobble thread above). 5 min with the closest thing I had (ball point pen) and done!
Just going to throw this out there, both of the MVP v2's I recieved yesterday have the on/off switch flushed and it will sit upright with no wobble at all..

oh and I am loving the small size and convenience. the one thing that annoyed me was the internal battery and thats what I like most.

rem700

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2011
Mn

They came bundled from the vendor I got my MVP V2 from. Are barely sticky enough to stick to itself when doubled over. The area around the display doesn't lay flush at all. They bevel up around the corner.

Strange as they make this claim "Using only 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vehicle wrap so you know you're getting the best material available"

I might add that I ordered samples from 3M and they didn't want to lay down around the display screen, I warmed slightly with a hair dryer and it has stayed down since.

Last edited:

boborone

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
Plano, Tx
Strange as they make this claim "Using only 3M Di-Noc carbon fiber vehicle wrap so you know you're getting the best material available"

I might add that I ordered samples from 3M and they didn't want to lay down around the display screen, I warmed slightly with a hair dryer and it has stayed down since.

Wish I would have read this before I took it off tonight. My OCD was driving me nuts. My bud at the shop told me you have to keep working it and maybe it will stick. Eh, I got home and took it off. Still just as sticky as it was before, maybe I'll try to put the color I had back on. I'm just holding out till I get the Chewbaca wrap. That is awesome.

uAdC

ECF Veteran
May 27, 2009
New Jersey
just got my MVP2 yesterday, and it came with a charge (partial maybe?),... i used it into tonight, until it died.

i left it charging at home while i went out for a few hours, and came home, excitedly took it off the charger and got back to vape heaven...

however, the light was still green... after reading the tips here on ECF, i realized it wasn't fully charged yet, so i put it back on the charger where it's lit up green now and charging..

my question is: did i inadvertently damage my battery life by stopping its first full charge? :blink:

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
just got my MVP2 yesterday, and it came with a charge (partial maybe?),... i used it into tonight, until it died.

i left it charging at home while i went out for a few hours, and came home, excitedly took it off the charger and got back to vape heaven...

however, the light was still green... after reading the tips here on ECF, i realized it wasn't fully charged yet, so i put it back on the charger where it's lit up green now and charging..

my question is: did i inadvertently damage my battery life by stopping its first full charge? :blink:
First off......Check the voltage....a FULL CHARGE should measure 4.2 volts.....There have been reports of a software "glitch" in SOME MVP2's that keeps the green light ON, even AFTER A FULL CHARGE!! You MAY have one of these, so....if you're reading 4.2 after ~4-5 hours on the charger, it's a safe bet you're FULLY CHARGED and OK!!:D
HIGHLY doubtful you've done any damage....many folks routinely put their unit on a charger "overnight", whether it's low or not...
Li-Ion/Polymer batteries do NOT suffer the "memory effect" exhibited by older Ni-cad cells....
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida

The jwraps are awesome. I even soaked my broken mvp2 in a jwrap in running alcohol over night, wrap still looks brand new

75ona76

Oct 10, 2013
Wichita, KS, USA
Excellent compilation....now we need to know exactly or approximately how many puffs there are until the MVP2 dies....mine rolled over and I lost count :(

I get 1300-1400 on a full overnight charge. :)

75ona76
On Kanger T3s with stock 1.8 heads. Now mixing in a few Aspire bdc 1.8 tanks into the mix.

Last edited:

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA

Ruby_Red_Shoes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Cleveland OH
Few bucks more but you get free wraps. I may get mine here, hubbys too incase he decides he wants wraps too... This is an awesome thread. Im ordering 2 in the next day or two. Thanks for the post!

Just got mine from here yesterday - popped that puppy open and ooooo - took me a bit to figure out the best angle to hold for comfort and the iClear 30 rotating tip definitely came in handy for that - great new addition to my line-up - now looking for a bcc tank to go-with - ok with the iClears but digging the bcc-s a bit more with the flavs I enjoy.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
I just got mine today off of Ebay, And NO wobble. I actually thought the MVP was a bit bigger than it is .
Very happy with my purchase.

Russ.

I just got mine recently too and no wobble here either! Also the button feels just fine to me, not too stiff.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread