Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I don't know if this has been discussed or not, but for people having problems with the center pin on the MVP2, and the MVP2 not firing/detecting certain delivery devices....

Although the OP mentioned a 510 to ego adapter to fix the issue with an evod.....I HIGHLY recommend you all get a quality 510 to 510 adapter. It has redeemed my MVP2 big time. Apparently the center pin in the MVP2 just doesn't stay in place, and some delivery devices push it down, others can't reach it, etc, etc.

The solution is to get a 510to510 adapter. I keep the adapter on my MVP2 at ALL times, except the rare occasion where I use an ego threaded device (smoktech aro pyrex, or evod).

Not only does this guarantee that every single delivery device I put on it will register and fire, but it also protects the original center pin on MVP2.

Vapingtown on ebay has the shine series available....
Electronics, Cars, Fashion, Collectibles, Coupons and More | eBay

Not impressed by the price... I'm going to wait...

That link there is doa apparently. One site however has those for just over $9 compared to what one vendor prices them at which is about the lowest price seen so far at $40. iTaste MVP 2.0

I still have to get a few more 510 to eGo adapters for not only MVP 2.0 but other variable mods. I have tthe 510 to 510s and 510 to 808 adapters already but only found one I had to use on another mod while I thought I had ordered 3 of those.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Thanks for info. Sorry bout the link. Tried fixing. It was for the new 'shine' edition... Thats why its so much more
That link there is doa apparently. One site however has those for just over $9 compared to what one vendor prices them at which is about the lowest price seen so far at $40. iTaste MVP 2.0

I still have to get a few more 510 to eGo adapters for not only MVP 2.0 but other variable mods. I have tthe 510 to 510s and 510 to 808 adapters already but only found one I had to use on another mod while I thought I had ordered 3 of those.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
Anyone figure out how to get this thing to fire? I hate using an adaptor.

You could try a 510 short extension if you are not anything eGo threaded if you are having problems. If you are using bottom coiled tanks another to check on is the coil head to make sure that is snug. When trying out some new tanks on the MVP 2.0 here one tank wouldn't do anything at first appearing to DOA! Once I got in there and found it was loose I went over every other bottom coiled tank to double check things.

3 clicks and make sure it is turned on?

That will certainly help as well! The color led it stays on when pressing the button will tell you when it is getting low and time to recharge.

If you were already accustomed to using eGo or other batteries. mods with the 5 clicks and went through hitting 6 times when seeing the leds light up but nothing worked that would have meant turning it on and then off too fast to realize you had turned it off. I've done that a few times with the VV V3s but so far not with the MVP itself only having found the atomizer loose that time. Generally it's a reliable little gadget by Innokin there.

vjdossey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2013
Antioch, CA
Got my shine edition today... I already had the mvp 2 version in carbon black, now its the husbsnds :) anyhow my point is the 'pin' looks a little different. Can't explain it well other than it seems it is stiffer and the little rubber band that goes around all pins in batteries is not as visible. Hardly at all really. Maybe its smaller un diameter!?! Under the pin more maybe. Either way. I've had my black mvp 2 since December and have used all kinds of toppers on it. Not one issue with bad/no connection. Never had to pull pin on either the mvp or clearos/tanks etc. used on it. Luck maybe-happy vaper, totalky :) I love my shine -she is beautiful. I half expected the color (mines the green butterfly) to be a 'skin' like you can buy. Or like I think ive read thst the energy series has. (dont quote me on energy series, plz. I do not know first hand) my shines green is not a skin at all. The metal is anodized I think... The crystals are recessed some too. The logo itazte MVP Tadte it, Love it is under the butterfly and the back is blank! I LOVE IT. as with all my innokin products... It is prettier in person too-but again. They all were awesome online and even better in person. Im super happy!
That we know of. Innokin has a way of making improvements and not telling us. Here's to hoping they have addressed the 510/ego issue.

It wouldn't be any wrap when it comes direct from the manufacturer. Wraps or skins are always 3rd party items you add on later over the anodized surfaces. The MVP 2.0 here was ordered back in October and has also seen a number of tanks and clearomizers, 510 cartomizers tried out on it and that one tank found with a loose coil head was it as far as any concerns so far.

Another concern that apparently was addresses was the wobble on MVP 1 as far as the usb port switch on the botton where you couln't stand it on end. People were pushing in on the switch itself to bend the contact card that is soldered to in order to be able to set it down and not worry about it tipping over on it's side.

roadkill46

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Arizona
great thread, been out of vaping community since 2006 back when this forum had less than 1000 members!!! Jumped back in with both feet and got the MVP-2, VV/VW, using the 30s and the new Aspire tank. The Aspire is amazing with it's small 'atty' and wick. can't get a burnt taste no matter what i do. we have a B&M store here finally that sells the atty's in 5 packs if needed but this one is still rocking after a month. my original 30s tank is still on it's first atty/wick combo and is now relegated to the darker juices while the Aspire is for clear ones.

i think that the MVP-2 is the end all for me. and i've had original 510's, Bartleby 3.7, Chucks (many), Coppers, back then carto's had just come out, so i've been on it for awhile. i backslid back to analogs, but now i'm on day 55 w/o any so i'm doing good. this forum has gotten too big to view all the sub forums so i think i'll just stick to this sub-sub-thread!

thanx all!!!!

p.opus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Coral Springs FL
Has anyone had the battery go bad yet? Anyone take one apart to see what the battery is? The main complaint I see about MVPs is the non replaceable battery. I wonder if Innokin will sell a battery replacement at some point or if another company will offer one.

Here is a thread dedicated to the disassembly of an MVP1. The MVP2 is almost identical.

Looking at how the LiPO is squeezed in there, there is little possibility (read: NONE) that Innokin will sell a replacement.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ona-mvp-v1-thought-you-guys-may-want-see.html

Has anyone had the battery go bad yet? Anyone take one apart to see what the battery is? The main complaint I see about MVPs is the non replaceable battery. I wonder if Innokin will sell a battery replacement at some point or if another company will offer one.

They already the 134 and VTR for that where those take 18650s instead. But you also pay the higher price to have a VV VW mod where you can replace the battery at any time since that equals a "One Time Buy Only" over repeat sales of disposable mods! $$$$ lost when making lower priced models you can swap batteries out on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread