itaste vv version 3..... do you like yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I'm very interested in this.. but i am very new to vaping...
i'm looking to move up from my halo triton.

so i'm leaning towards the itaste vv...
but i'd like to hear from some of you who have owned yours for a little while..
how is it holding up? the battery life, the rattling buttons, have they become a problem... pros cons...

please help me decide if this is going to be a decent purchase.

or should i just look at a vision spinner...
i'm thinking this itaste is the way to go.

not interested in any box type looking models.

thanks in advance for your opinions and thoughts ;)

also what's the difference between the newer version and the version that has the pen type cap? cuz that looks real nice to have... seems to be missing in later versions.

Last edited:

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Mine just came in the mail today so I'll need a few days to answer you. The rattle is in the fire button, but unless you shake it there is no noise. Purchased mine from Got Vapes and was here in 2 days. I did get in the pearl chrome and it does look sharp and feels good in my hand. I like it being square as it sits easily without falling over. I'll be using it with my Kanger Mini ProTank 2's. Right now I have it set at 8.5 watts and the vape is great.

iTaste.jpg

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I've had mine for a few months. It works great and is a decent price for what all you get. My biggest gripe though, is the button sticks out and is easy to trigger accidentally. It only requires 3 clicks to lock and unlock the button (unlike most Ego type batts that require 5 clicks). It is the only mod I've ever had that has accidentally become unlocked and fired continuously in my purse. I have burnt 3 evod heads with it because of this. I have to be extra careful with it. So for that I would say it's probably not real pocket friendly. But other than that, it's great for on my desk at work.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Mine just came in the mail today so I'll need a few days to answer you. The rattle is in the fire button, but unless you shake it there is no noise. Purchased mine from Got Vapes and was here in 2 days. I did get in the pearl chrome and it does look sharp and feels good in my hand. I like it being square as it sits easily without falling over. I'll be using it with my Kanger Mini ProTank 2's. Right now I have it set at 8.5 watts and the vape is great.

View attachment 255170

did yours come with a pen cap? i really want the pen cap if it's available... looks like the ones at got vapes has a cap.. hard for me to tell if it's the same model.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
I have both versions of the iTaste V3. The one with the pen cap comes with a 10S clearo, very small holding just 1ml juice. The pen cap can only be used with that particular clearo. Any 510 threaded tank will fit without the cap, and if you need ego threading just get an adapter.

so whats the big deal? there's a huge price difference...
are you paying extra just to have the whole thing squared with a cap?
is it a better battery? which is better.

sorry for all the questions... trying to decide which to get.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Florida
ok i think i see, it comes with the wall adapter, the pen clip, 2 clearos, 5 replacement coils, all that is extra from the express kit i think? right?

also if i'm correct... the other tanks will work, just that the cap wont fit with another type clearo... am i correct?

i am very very new so i'm not sure what the difference between an ego thread and a 510 thread... but if these iclear10s are good there shouldn't be a need for a different type of clearo? correct?

i have 2 tritons, a vision spinner... now looking for this.. i don't care if they aren't compatable with each other. i kinda like the square clearo look, definately like i don't have to buy a wall adapter...

just want to make sure i'm not missing anything... do they have the same Mah?

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
the iclear10s are they plastic?
Yup, that poly stuff you typically see.

Don't forget, you would need an adapter if you want to use an Evod on that particular V3. It is called a 510-Ego adapter. Simply put, it screws into the 510 thread (like what a large ProTank screws into) so that an Ego threaded tank (like the ProTank mini or an Evod) will screw over it.

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    Great feedback thanks, does any one know about carrying cases for these? Ive seen pics but not where to buy one, or an idea of something to use... I have a two hear old so i like cases hahaha

I use a ego case with my iTaste, fit good and has pockets for clearo's, thanks etc

Had my itaste v3 just over a week and really enjoying it, using the iclear 16's I got with it, getting good flavor and vaper from it, I was using other batteries at 5 volts before, so thought I would zap the itaste up to full power to get what I wanted, but actually finding I like it best at 7.5 watts and getting better vaping than I did from my 5 volt battery.
    In the next week I am ordering another one for my wife, and then plan to get 2 more for backups for us, think they are well worth the money in the compact size they are.

Ladiekali

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 1, 2013
    Florida
    I use a ego case with my iTaste, fit good and has pockets for clearo's, thanks etc

Had my itaste v3 just over a week and really enjoying it, using the iclear 16's I got with it, getting good flavor and vaper from it, I was using other batteries at 5 volts before, so thought I would zap the itaste up to full power to get what I wanted, but actually finding I like it best at 7.5 watts and getting better vaping than I did from my 5 volt battery.
    In the next week I am ordering another one for my wife, and then plan to get 2 more for backups for us, think they are well worth the money in the compact size they are.

which size case? i see they have like 3 different sizes? i've never seen one in person. i'm sooo excited i just ordered it. too bad i ordered a vision spinner yesterday.. before i knew anything about this one... i guess that will be a back up. not even interested in trying it now that i have the itaste vv3 coming!

ElConquistador

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 24, 2013
    Oklahoma
    I got one a month or two ago to use as a more portable alternative to my Vamo. I liked it so well I bought another one a couple of weeks ago. I think they're really nice and I've been pleased with the battery life.

I have been using a Kanger T3 on it, occasionally a Protank. It's a little top heavy with the Protank.

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    which size case? i see they have like 3 different sizes? i've never seen one in person. i'm sooo excited i just ordered it. too bad i ordered a vision spinner yesterday.. before i knew anything about this one... i guess that will be a back up. not even interested in trying it now that i have the itaste vv3 coming!

I got this one at amazon - Amazon.com: Brand New eGo Case - Universal Hard Shell Case - Travel Carrying Case: Everything Else

But was only 1.99 when I bought, gone up 2.99 now, but works great for me with the itaste :)

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 28, 2013
    The Clemson Tigers State
    It's been almost a day since receiving my new iTaste 3.0 and I'm loving it. The ProTank Mini 2 fits perfectly on it and it's not top heavy at all so I can easily sit it down on a table or desk. I gave it a full charge so from 2:30 PM yesterday to midnight it was vaping strong and still in the green mode. I was leery about the 800 mah, but this battery is strong. So far I'm finding 8 to 8.5 watts as the best vape. No longer do I think of volts. Using my cell phone charger is a big plus as I have several of them. So far one happy camper and I must say again purchasing it from Got Vapes was well worth it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread