Item Missing From Order

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
I'm not sure on rules if I can post vendor name or not so I won't unless asked...but you can probably figure it out by looking at older posts or read between the lines when I say it took about 4 weeks to get delivered.

I mad a $207 purchase...not all ecig items...but the one and only item that was missing was my Vamo V3 Variable Voltage mod. It was $54.32 and by far the most expensive item on the list. It unfortunately was the one and only item I was truly waiting for and it is missing from the packaging.

This particular site (as far as I know) only uses paypal which I have been warned about not supporting claims for ecig related items. The vendor has areturn policy of 45 days but I never received the item. Do you think that 45 days is upon receiving the item or when it was ordered? I've submitted a ticket with the vendor but they usually only respond within 24 hours. Is this something I need to try and get paypal to resolve or am I SOL?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
First take a look at your order - see if the Vamo is even listed.(I'm assuming you are referring to an FT purchase)
Your order may have split for one of several reasons. i.e. Delayed item, weight per package limits.

Also check your Account/order summery. You may be placing the cart before the horse here.

I would give the 24hrs also

If it is in china and Not FT - best of luck

Last edited:

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
No this is my 2nd order with them...and yes FT...1st order was borken into two shipments. This order was all in one and item is listed on the invoice. 3 items were not listed on the order and it said "go online history from complete list". Those 3 items were shipped but not on the invoice. I think the limit the list to 19 items (10 on the left, 9 on the right) with the online disclaimer for last item on the right.

The Vamo V3 Variable Voltage is listed on the invoice but was not included.

How small do they want these pictures. I've resized them 3 times and they are still too big. Need to be less than a meg.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Well I submitted ticket. I'll see how long it takes for them to respond. As stated I've ordered with them before and other than slow shipping thought they were pretty reputable company amongst the ECF community. The juice and batteries were wrapped in an extra layer of aluminum foil this time around. Not sure if that was for extra protection or to bypass the scanners ;)

I just hope they honor my request. Kind of hard proving that 1 item didn't arrive when the rest of the package contents arrived. I took pictures and all but that still doesn't prove anything. The $207 package was jammed full not sure they could fit another item in there if they wanted to.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Well I submitted ticket. I'll see how long it takes for them to respond. As stated I've ordered with them before and other than slow shipping thought they were pretty reputable company amongst the ECF community. The juice and batteries were wrapped in an extra layer of aluminum foil this time around. Not sure if that was for extra protection or to bypass the scanners ;)

I just hope they honor my request. Kind of hard proving that 1 item didn't arrive when the rest of the package contents arrived. I took pictures and all but that still doesn't prove anything. The $207 package was jammed full not sure they could fit another item in there if they wanted to.

Actually not that hard. Everything is done by weight in shipping. Grams I believe. It should be on the package.
Vamo would add considerably to the total shipping weight.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Well almost 24 hours and no response yet. It was supposedly all shipped in 1 package; I didn't see it being split up. I thought I'd follow advice on the weight. The package says 1.817 kg. I added up all of my items and it's only supposed to weigh 1.018 kg? Maybe I did my math wrong? So I'm not sure if the weight works in my favor on this one. I wouldn't think all that bubble wrap would weigh that much.

The vamo only weighs 0.132 kg so still big discrepancy in weight.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Well a little over 2 days I think for final response. Apparently my order was shipped in 2 packages although website did not indicate that as it had in my previous order. Here was my reply...order and tracking number changed as I don't want everyone knowing my address so they can steal my vamo v3 :)
Thank you. The second shipment arrived today with my vamo v3 and charger. However if you check the order https://www.fasttech.com/account/order/xxxxxxxxxx it only indicates one shipment with a tracking number of xxxxxxxxxxx1 The second shipment with tracking number of xxxxxxxxxxxx2 was never indicated.

It was a bit deceiving however as the first order I made with FastTech indicated that the order was split into two shipments and I was provided a tracking number for each shipment. This order however did not provide two tracking numbers. It only provided 1 tracking number and only indicated one shipment which was I was bit distressed.

Hopefully in the future if an order is split into two shipments you will always provide that on your website and provide separate tracking numbers for each package that you send.

Thanks for your time and concern that all my items arrived. You may consider the matter closed. Thanks again.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
If it had batteries, they probably split it. HK post won't ship out batteries, so it goes through a slower postage option.

I had 8 18650 batteries and 10 bottles of juice in other shipment and some fishing/camping equipment ;) so I don't think that was the issue as they would have shipped all batteries and juice in one package. But it's funny how they wrapped everything in bubble wrap twice and then wrapped those in aluminum foil; I assume to try and bypass xrays?

I think they couldn't fit it all in the 1st package as that one was stuffed to the max. Don't think they could have fit one more item in there if they wanted to.

Mohamed

ECF Veteran
Aug 15, 2013
USA
Probably another post and I can do if needed but I'm supposed to fully charge all these 18650 batteries at least once. I don't know why I bought so many I think I got deal on 4 or 2 packs. I only plan on using 2 at a time unless on vacation then maybe use 4?

Or do I just store 6 of them away and take 2 out at a time and fully charge when needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread