Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
its just an o-ring buddy. Ithaka has a 16x1 o-ring there so please put a 17x1 o-ring and you will be ok:)
hi imeo,
i m the proud owner of 3 ithakas.
i ve used just one yet n its my all day vape already.
i had gurgling issues, but i followed ur advice n tht was sorted.
one other thing was tht everytime i wasnt vaping i completely shut the juice supply which also helped with the gurgling.
another thing is tht i have leakage problems.
leakage isnt there when sit the ithaka motionless n straight.
however when it is taken from one place to another it leaks, from where the tank connects with the base.
i ve already tried shutting it tightly but it still doesnt stop.
is there something i can do.
p.s. leakage is pretty heavy!!

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yea aal, I know and I dont like the fact that a stupid o-ring makes people have leakage. But o-rings are sold everywhere, so people that have issues can easily and very cheaply solve them
Imeo, one thing you can do is provide us with 17x1 o-ring instead of the 16x1 oring at the base. It seems a lot of people are having leaking where the notches are :D

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
yea aal, I know and I dont like the fact that a stupid o-ring makes people have leakage. But o-rings are sold everywhere, so people that have issues can easily and very cheaply solve them

Man i went to Praktiker and couldn't find. Where do i get them (im in Marousi)?

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
I thought that Ithaka was too airy glaus. Do you want even more air? I will check about it. As for precise, again I thought that it was the most presice. You can adjust it in any place with the biggest precision

Precise may be the wrong word, it is precise I am trying to say a bigger variance in the amount of air you can let it. It seems to me that it goes from tight draw to loose rate quickly.

COV ggts, brushed roller, ss polished 69 mod, MCM DNA 20 box mod, provari v2, zmax, sigelei Zmax, x2 ithacas, x2 Penelope's, Ody drip mod, x2 kayfun 3.1es. Soon to own Caravela.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Air passes very easy from holes in general glaus. We cant capture it easily. Air can escape even from the smallest hole. You will have the same sensation in vaping if air pass from 1mm hole or from 2mm hole. Thats why I made the air control like this, so you can adjust it in any place by opening it a little by little. If for example we had 4 holes like 0,2mm, 0,5mm 1mm and 1,5 mm, then you wouldnt be able to really adjust the air as you liked because the 0,5mm hole would be very close to the 1mm hole and then to 1,5mm in vaping sensation. But now on Ithaka you can make any adjustment you like, from 0,01mm to any hole. I know that even the smallest opening let more air pass but thats the nature of air:)
Precise may be the wrong word, it is precise I am trying to say a bigger variance in the amount of air you can let it. It seems to me that it goes from tight draw to loose rate quickly.

COV ggts, brushed roller, ss polished 69 mod, MCM DNA 20 box mod, provari v2, zmax, sigelei Zmax, x2 ithacas, x2 Penelope's, Ody drip mod, x2 kayfun 3.1es. Soon to own Caravela.

Last edited:

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I plan to get soon ;-) a Stealth + telescope + extension. what else do I need to connect Ithaka using the native (not 510) connection?

never had a GG nor seen one but in photos so... forgive the noob question :p
Then you need the whole collection tank. But unless you have your heart set on the stealth cap and rethreader too,go after a full GGTS. That will cover everything you need.

pl_svn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Italy
paolosavonuzzi.org
Then you need the whole collection tank. But unless you have your heart set on the stealth cap and rethreader too,go after a full GGTS. That will cover everything you need.

further question: I'd like to mix brass and steel parts so *I guess* I have to order single components, not a complete unit, right?

in this case (yes: my heart is set on the stealth cap that I plan to use for my beloved 510 genesis style atoms ;-) ) all I have to do is add TS' collector and air control?

thanks for you patience ;-)

Lentulusbatiatus

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2012
Wakefield
sure mev, that would be nice. But its difficult because I made threads like that but other modders later made different threads. Also China will not follow for sure
Couldn't the top modders such as yourself get together and have a discussion and maybe come up with a Universal threading you could all agree on, I am sure it would make life easier for all modders not having to come up with extra connectors to suit both 510 and other threads as well as customers. I am sure most if not all use this forum so it could be used for discussion. If the top modders did this I am 100% certain everyone else would follow.
510 will always have a place on the smaller e-cigs but not on the larger mods + atty's imo.

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
further question: I'd like to mix brass and steel parts so *I guess* I have to order single components, not a complete unit, right?

in this case (yes: my heart is set on the stealth cap that I plan to use for my beloved 510 genesis style atoms ;-) ) all I have to do is add TS' collector and air control?

Then yes, you'd need individual brass pieces. Get the whole GGTS in SS.

But if you want to go with your initial parts list then add to that the collector tank. It has the AC ring.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

If u buy a stealth u need connector as well. Stealth cap is different than ggts connector.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Before 3 years I opened a thread on ECF asking all modders to act like one, share ideas and make mods all together. Noone responded buddy:)
Couldn't the top modders such as yourself get together and have a discussion and maybe come up with a Universal threading you could all agree on, I am sure it would make life easier for all modders not having to come up with extra connectors to suit both 510 and other threads as well as customers. I am sure most if not all use this forum so it could be used for discussion. If the top modders did this I am 100% certain everyone else would follow.
510 will always have a place on the smaller e-cigs but not on the larger mods + atty's imo.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
It cant be opened if you keep Ithaka's body when you adjust liquid control sq. By the way, how you adjust your liquid control? I mean witch part you keep with the other hand? I made it like this because the natural movement is to put your other hand on Ithaka's body
It also comes unscrewed too easy. sometimes when turning mouth piece.:(

Alireza355

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Hi Alireza,

does your Ithaka has the center post top nut in "open position"?

when the slots of the center post top nut are in "open position" (aligned with the slots inside the ceramic cup), excess liquid will enter inside the ceramic cup and will flow through the ceramic cup slots and then through the little cuts wherein the plastic nut is screwed, to finally reach the small collector chamber, the liquid inside the small collector chamber will be eventually absorbed by the wicks (the small collector chamber is the space left between the negative plastic nut and the positive o-ring).

In fact, I think there is liquid inside the small collector chamber all the time, even if the mouthpiece is closed and there is not any excess liquid entering inside the ceramic cup, because liquid can enter the small collector chamber through the wicks itself.

So little gurgling could happen when you vape, because air enters through the center post to hit the coil (as usual), but also the liquid that is inside the small collector chamber will try to come up through the cuts inside ceramic cup / center post channels.

So you can try two things:

* Put the center post top nut in closed position.

* Leave the center post top nut in open position, but next time you change wicks, leave one of the 4 wicks a little longer (usually the 4 wicks get cutted at the positive o-ring level) and wrap that longer wick around the center post, trying to cover the litte cuts wherein the plastic nut is screwed, that way you will have the excess liquid protection feature enabled and will prevent the little gurgling.

I hope it makes sense to you, excuse me for my bad explanation. :)

Thanks a lot, I will try this longer wick method to see how it works...

pl_svn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2013
Italy
paolosavonuzzi.org
If u buy a stealth u need connector as well. Stealth cap is different than ggts connector.

I was in fact wondering for how easy it seemed

I'll stick to the Stealth + TS extension and telescopic tube: only device I would need the collector for is the Ithaka, all my other atomizers are genesis so... ;-)

thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread