Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
I got my stick the other day from HG, I always had a place "in my heart" for the JS line V1 to V2 had slight improvements but the V3 seems to have much more

looks like they rectified the leaking issue (the device, 801s always leak hehe)
I will keep trying to flood the atty to see if there is an issue with leaking, but
the only problem I see is you will need a swab to clean the deep well connector

the talk is HGs and Janty will be selling the same OEM product, but I am not sure if janty will change the PITA battery cap or not. (only issue)

Button is 100% better (for now :p) of course I personally didn't have real issues with the Janty Stick V2

well here is my vid which pretty much says the same thing :p
EDIT: V2 battery cap will fit the V3

YouTube - JS V3 (janty/joye)

UPDATE: if I press against the pouch in a certain spot it does activate, but since my pouch is broken in it doesn't press by just being in there..... thanks for the info banjo

Last edited:

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Thanks for the video review lightgeoduck. :)

One thing about the V2 carry pouch: Mine must not be as broken in as yours because every time I slide the V3 into it the switch activates. I guess I could try stretching it out but I don't know if I'd ever trust it. I've even thought about cutting a slot in mine to accomodate the button. Kinda makes me wish they'd put an on/off switch on the V3 (like the Bartleby).

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Thanks for the video review lightgeoduck. :)

One thing about the V2 carry pouch: Mine must not be as broken in as yours because every time I slide the V3 into it the switch activates. I guess I could try stretching it out but I don't know if I'd ever trust it. I've even thought about cutting a slot in mine to accomodate the button. Kinda makes me wish they'd put an on/off switch on the V3 (like the Bartleby).

Yeah, my pouch is a bit worn, after you mentioned your issue, I took another look at mine,,,,, it doesn't activate it while in, BUT if I press around at the right spot it does indeed activate....

That is a problem and you are right it would have been nice that it either had an on off switch or a locking button.... still a nice unit still

Last edited:

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Hey duck....nice video. I especially like the impromptu "drop test" you did - hoot!!

You tried showing the inside atty post but it didn't show up too well. The JSV1/2 had a 'X' slot in the (+) atty post while the JSV3 looks different.

Can you describe/verify that the JSV3 (+) atty post is a different design please?

From some of what I've read, they said they made the draw harder with the JSV3 and I wonder if that is where the change would be - I actually liked the easy draw of the JSV1/2

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hey duck....nice video. I especially like the impromptu "drop test" you did - hoot!!

You tried showing the inside atty post but it didn't show up too well. The JSV1/2 had a 'X' slot in the (+) atty post while the JSV3 looks different.

Can you describe/verify that the JSV3 (+) atty post is a different design please?

From some of what I've read, they said they made the draw harder with the JSV3 and I wonder if that is where the change would be - I actually liked the easy draw of the JSV1/2

Not the OP but the atty post is a small cup with a solid button in the middle. My wife has only been using hers for about a day but there's already a little juice collecting in there. How I'm going to clean it out I haven't thought of yet... looks like a job for a small q-tip on a long stick.

The draw to me is not really different than the V2. It's using the same atty/mouthpiece combo as the V2 but I suppose the "cup" that the atty sits in might restrict air-flow slightly. I have another one coming from HG and plan on using the 901 adapter with mine. I just prefer the warmer hit and flavor of the 901 atty/mouthpiece. :)

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us

The V3 has not slots but is more like a deep well (sort of a bowl) that the atty screws over that catches excess juice (to a certain extent of course) as far as draw i personally don't notice a significate difference

Any chance of a getting a stop-motion brawl video between the V2 and V3 : ). Excellent review.

Its like you read my mind ;) only if time permits ...2010 is a busy year for me hehe

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Hey hey......

JUST got my JSV3 in today and the first thing I noticed is none of the 3 attys I have in rotation worked?!?!?! The atty that shipped with the unit did - hmmmmm.

Seems my other 3 TW 801's center posts were too deep to make contact. Mik said that sounded odd so wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue.

Thanks in advance.

kdix

ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2009
Texas
Hey hey......

JUST got my JSV3 in today and the first thing I noticed is none of the 3 attys I have in rotation worked?!?!?! The atty that shipped with the unit did - hmmmmm.

Seems my other 3 TW 801's center posts were too deep to make contact. Mik said that sounded odd so wondering if anyone here has had a similar issue.

Thanks in advance.

I'm having the same problem with non-Janty atomizers. The one supplied with the Janty Stick V3 works great, but the 3 801 attys that I have from DietSmokes won't make contact. They screw in just fine, the V3 fires fine, but nothing comes out of the atty/doesn't get hot/etc. I've been using the 3 801 attys from DS just fine on a passthrough, so they're all broken in and performing wonderfully... it's a shame I can't use them with my new JSV3 :(

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Hey hey......

Thanks in advance.
Not sure about the TWs maybe try pulling out the center post of the atty a tid bit... the 801s I have are "old" (well when SLB first started to make them HB that is) and they work fine

As long as BE112 atties work on the V3 I'll be a happy camper.

They do... well at least the ones I still had way back when we first were talking about them... I am about to order more now that Im going back to using penstyle atties again ( the 306 exposed atties spoiled me :D )

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Perhaps the staple mod would work? I can't post links yet, but i'm sure someone else will be helpful and post the link.
Yeah nubee should know that already *P But not sure how well it would work(meaning making sure the staple doesnt fall out or somethng) on a JS since the connecter is recessed so deep into the device... I probably wont try it but maybe someone wants to

here:s the link any way
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-center-conductor-gap-penstyle-atomizers.html

Last edited:

mellowdowneasy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
St Louis,Mo
Hey hey......

Thanks in advance.

Just got my v3 and have the same problem. My TW attys dont make contact.

Thanks a ton for the tip on the center post!!!!!! Pulled it up a little and now it works fine!!!

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Just got my v3 and have the same problem. My TW attys dont make contact.

Thanks a ton for the tip on the center post!!!!!! Pulled it up a little and now it works fine!!!
Im glad it worked and you're welcome

now I hope it works for nubee as well :D

mellowdowneasy

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
St Louis,Mo
Im glad it worked and you're welcome

now I hope it works for nubee as well :D

Well I thank everybody here LOL.

The staple mod looks good too. Thanks for that link too!!!

I work for a phone co. A piece of 19 guage wire might work,fairly soft to bend in the hole.

I dont post much but i dont know what i would do with out this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread