Jenny McCarthy Pairs Up With blu eCigs In New Television And Web Advertising Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbdivemaster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2013
Capra's Shangri-La
Bedroom33_zps5fb289fd.jpg

What? No mirror on the ceiling? thumbup.gif

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
While McCarthy's ads may encourage male smokers to try using blu e-Cigs, I suspect McCarthy's ads will also further embolden e-cig opponents at FDA, CDC, NIH, WHO, state/local health departments, CTFK, ACS, AHA, ALA, AMA, Legacy, etc. to more aggressively campaign for FDA e-cigarette regulation (er ban).

The folks who truly disdain Jenny McCarthy are those of us who have dedicated our careers and lives to truthfully informing the public about disease risks. Until/unless Jenny McCarthy atones for her activism to promote preventable childhood diseases (by publicly apologizing for her years of false claims about vaccines causing autism, and by actively encouraging parents to vaccinate their children), she will forever be viewed by real public health advocates as a fraud and perpetrator who caused childhood diseases (just like Andrew Wakeman, who McCarthy's activism helped make famous).

I agree with this 110%. For me and many of the people I know, Jenny McCarthy is THE celebrity face for dangerous anti-science. With the ANTZ screaming "what about the children" the last person we need representing electronic cigarettes is this strident anti-vaxer. I'm extremely unhappy with Blu's decision to use her as a spokesperson. I think it sends a clear message, and it's really not the message we want to be sending. It will be used as fodder against electronic cigarettes, and already has been.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I suggest this is just another little hill ... for those "in the fight"
and a big thumbs-up for those more focused on encouraging
smokers to try e-smoking.

Won't be long before this thread moves down and ends up
on a back-page ... with Courtney Love's commercial.

Then Playboy comes out with a commercial ...
:p

Hopefully ... it won't be long before e-cig commercials
are as common place as Chantix commercials
1-BigGrin.png

AgentAnia

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2013
Orbiting Sirius B
I noticed an ad last night for a flavored vodka, using a setup very similar to the Blu-in-the-bar ad. Lots of innuendoed sex and glamour (sort of a Jenny McCarthy and Steven Dorf together again for the first time...) and couldn't help seeing the irony of how the prohibitionists complain about using sexiness and coolness to sell ecigs but it's okay for vodka and beer... (Possibly because the prohibitionists like their vodka and beer?)

rebgold

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Wichita, KS
I was thinking about the whole celebs who vape thing. If you google image it they're all using cigalikes. I think a company who could afford to give away some nice mods, maybe Provari, should start sending them to celeb vapers. If Leonardo DiCaprio got a free Provari and some boutique juice, you think he'd keep using the cigalikes? I doubt it. And if LDC was using a Provari, how long would it take Snoop Dogg to get a Caraveli? Etc... I think that would do a lot to promote vaping in a good way.
Ok people, who can afford to send these celebrities vaping gift baskets?

Last edited:

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I was thinking about the whole celebs who vape thing. If you google image it they're all using cigalikes. I think a company who could afford to give away some nice mods, maybe Provari, should start sending them to celeb vapors. If Leonardo DiCaprio got a free Provari and some boutique juice, you think he'd keep using the cigalikes? I doubt it. And if LDC was using a Provari, how long would it take Snoop Dogg to get a Caraveli? Etc... I think that would do a lot to promote vaping in a good way.
Ok people, who can afford to send these celebrities vaping gift baskets?
There's very good reasons why most of the high profile celebs
are seen vaping and or promoting cig-a-likes. Cig-a-likes are mainstreamed ...
Our favorite power vape machines are the "hobby" segment of the market.
However, times are changing fast.

Today ... it looks "more cool" and "more acceptable" to the public at large
to see an e-cigarette that has a familiar appearance. It has nothing to do
with "the argument" about which type of vape machine is the best ...

Regardless of what many might say here ...
Most people feel more comfortable openly vaping a cig-a-like in public.

At this point ... others will chime in with their personal experiences and opinions.
However, don't look for TV commercials showcasing celebs vaping a power vape machine ...
at least anytime soon.

Last edited:

Orb Skewer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
Terra firma
Too bad. I miss the form factor. If they could get a super-mini to vape VV and last a full day or two (AKA super-battery-tech) I'd be all over it.

...., they haven't !
never mind, some could always slick their 40 yr old DA with Brylcreem, don a denim jacket and whoop around town with a lasso in one hand, and a sh**-O-cig in the other :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread