Jenny McCarthy Pairs Up With blu eCigs In New Television And Web Advertising Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkInsane

ECF Veteran
From a sales and marketing point of view ...
This is a GREAT Commercial !!

AND SCREAMS E-cigarettes are safe, popular, and of course sexy.

Oh, by the way for those biting their finger nails
about the e-cig sexy thing that might influence the childreeeen....
It's business ... sex sells

BT ecig corporations will be running the show and advertisement campaigns
to compete with each other....They couldn't care less if "we" approve
of this or that.

For those who think Blu went a little over the top ...
Think about the tons and tons of BP "Poison" commercials ya see every day
and all the anti-ecig articles and news stories. Sometimes ya go over the top
to make your point and get the message out ...

Ya have to admit this is an "attention grabbing" commercial
:laugh:

Didn't hear a word she said but It sure got my attention :drool: :pervy: :hubba: LOL

MonkInsane

ECF Veteran
I think we need a spokesperson that will appeal more to the average guy... appeal the guy on the street kinda thing; maybe someone with tiger's blood and Adonis dna:

rolling-stone-charlie-sheen-cover-promo-pic-2012.jpg

View attachment 238473

LOL! As much as I love Charlie Sheen, not sure it would be a good thing if he was promoting ECigs, given his reputation. The fact that he's got Tiger-Blood and Adonis-DNA might be too much for people to handle. hahahaha

But then again I could be wrong :p

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
While McCarthy's ads may encourage male smokers to try using blu e-Cigs, I suspect McCarthy's ads will also further embolden e-cig opponents at FDA, CDC, NIH, WHO, state/local health departments, CTFK, ACS, AHA, ALA, AMA, Legacy, etc. to more aggressively campaign for FDA e-cigarette regulation (er ban).

The folks who truly disdain Jenny McCarthy are those of us who have dedicated our careers and lives to truthfully informing the public about disease risks. Until/unless Jenny McCarthy atones for her activism to promote preventable childhood diseases (by publicly apologizing for her years of false claims about vaccines causing autism, and by actively encouraging parents to vaccinate their children), she will forever be viewed by real public health advocates as a fraud and perpetrator who caused childhood diseases (just like Andrew Wakeman, who McCarthy's activism helped make famous).

Xenu2112

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Nashville
While McCarthy's ads may encourage male smokers to try using blu e-Cigs, I suspect McCarthy's ads will also further embolden e-cig opponents at FDA, CDC, NIH, WHO, state/local health departments, CTFK, ACS, AHA, ALA, AMA, Legacy, etc. to more aggressively campaign for FDA e-cigarette regulation (er ban).

The folks who truly disdain Jenny McCarthy are those of us who have dedicated our careers and lives to truthfully informing the public about disease risks. Until/unless Jenny McCarthy atones for her activism to promote preventable childhood diseases (by publicly apologizing for her years of false claims about vaccines causing autism, and by actively encouraging parents to vaccinate their children), she will forever be viewed by real public health advocates as a fraud and perpetrator who caused childhood diseases (just like Andrew Wakeman, who McCarthy's activism helped make famous).

^ This....

Placebo Effect

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2008

I've already seen people associating e-cigarettes with her vaccine truther beliefs numerous times on Twitter. And these were mostly from people who spend less than 1% of their time thinking about tobacco control.

When this was announced I tweeted @blucigs offering them $30 to drop Jenny McCarthy. They declined. I upped the offer to $40 and said I was killing to do a Kickstarter. Their silence appears to signify they've again declined my very generous offer.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
The Jenny ad is working ...
It's getting people to talk about blu ecigs
and I'm sure many have tried a blu ... regardless of what
they know about Jenny's views regarding vaccines.

Blu knew about Jenny's controversial stand on vaccines
before hiring her ... they went forward because this commercial works
and will produce conversation and increased sales.

Hollywood is full of controversial celebs
:p

Truncheon

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
My advise to all those ANTZ who lost their minds
with Jenny's commercial ... "Buckle-Up"
I'm sure Playboy and others have some very tantalizing commercials
on the drawing boards or more likely in production ... as we speak.

Let the e-cig completion wars begin
1-BigGrin.png

completion wars?

does that mean will there be a 'happy ending'? :laugh:

Truncheon

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
Completion ... happy ending ... Very funny
I meant to say "competition" ....
However, in context with Jenny's sexy vid ...
1-Laughing.gif

i knew what you meant petrodus - i just couldn't resist! lol

but yeah, i agree about the interesting commercials to come. i bet ol' hef is probably ticked about his former POTY is advertising a device that will be competing with his upcoming e-cig kit. he has money to produce some good adverts, i'm sure, but hope he doesn't go the overly sexual route with them. i honestly don't want my APV to end up having the connotations of some sort of mechanical phallus cos of some playboy vape stick commercials. lol

i wonder if this jenny mccarthy blu ad will cause him to push his to market sooner, which might encourage BT to get theirs on the market sooner, as well?

Not sure what effect that will have on vaping, but time will tell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread