JonboyUSMC's Lava Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonboyusmc

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
Illinois
I've got 2 more tanks to sell, then I will move on to the DIY kits. One of the members here is sending me a couple of ce2 regs, so I can get the dimensions for the clear tank from it. I've got a couple of international buyers that I'm waiting to hear back from on buying the last of this batch of tanks. If I don't hear from them soon, I have a some members waiting for the 2 that I have left. I'm going to place a sample order for the colored materials, and try a few of them. I want to see how much labor is involved in getting them polished up. I also found the vendor that supplies the material for the cherryvapes drip tips.I've got an e-mail into them, checking on material sizes. I really like the looks of the colored material. They would definitely add a little bling to any mod.

basscase

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Florida
Basscase, I see your point, if your vaping that much, but there is a easy solution. Buy 2 tanks ;-). I'm sure jonboy will not mind :p. I have a total of three tanks (2 map tanks and 1 jonboy tank) that I fill with different flavors. That way if I start getting tired of one flavor, all I have to do is unscrew it and screw another one on and they will last me a loooooooooong time.

As far as the provari goes, this thing is worth every cent I paid for it!!!!! I really being able to dial it in to the perfect sweet spot and it is super easy to change the settings, as the ohm rating is a little different in all three of my tanks. I have been very happy with it and don't feel the need to use anything else. With you being a long haul truck driver, I might suggest buying the vehicle charging adapter if you ever decide to buy one. That's what I did and went with the standard 18490 batteries. I am getting from 7 to 10 hours on a fully charged battery and have the second battery in the charger with me when making long trips.

Hey Ksmith, appreciate the reply. Got a little busy, and forgot to check the thread. I have little doubt I will own a couple of these mods, as I have been following these tanks for a little while. I did however just place an order for a custom made bottom feeder, so it will be a couple of weeks for the tank mods. Looks like the DIY tanks should be ready by then, and think I will go with a couple of those.

Thanks for the info, on the tank and the Provari. Think O will have to have one of those programmable beasts next, let's face it, one mod can never be enough. I can always find an excuse for buying another mod. Thanks again.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
I will definitely buy one of the DIY kits if they are still in the works. I just got one of these yesterday and I must say it is impressive. It is more solid than I thought it would be. The tank is very strong. I like the relief on top and bottom to prevent it from cracking too. Real nice work johnboy. I have a bunch of clearos though so looks like I'll have to press out the metal sleeve that is left on the one you included, but I don't think I'll have a problem with that, lol.

Once again, awesome work on this tank!

jonboyusmc

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2010
Illinois
DIY's are almost done. I just have to do the finish work after work tomorrow, and re-size the tanks. They are the black delrin again. I didn't get a chance to order the colored material. I found the material that Cherryvapes uses for their drip tips, but I can't get it any bigger than 3/4". ksmith, I'll post some pics when they are complete. You probably won't see the difference, but I added 1/8" to the height, and I also added 1/16" to the overall height of the clear tubing on the maxi tanks. This should expose just a little more of the wick. I've got a mini that I did like that, and it vapes like a chimney. I REALLY like the mini tank.

lorderos33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2011
FL
DIY's are almost done. I just have to do the finish work after work tomorrow, and re-size the tanks. They are the black delrin again. I didn't get a chance to order the colored material. I found the material that Cherryvapes uses for their drip tips, but I can't get it any bigger than 3/4". ksmith, I'll post some pics when they are complete. You probably won't see the difference, but I added 1/8" to the height, and I also added 1/16" to the overall height of the clear tubing on the maxi tanks. This should expose just a little more of the wick. I've got a mini that I did like that, and it vapes like a chimney. I REALLY like the mini tank.

I pulled the top on my maxi up about 3/8" and man-o-man what a difference. I was about to give up on the ce2 altogether until I did that. Just have to make sure the seal ring is down just enough to keep the juice in the tank and you're good to go :)

Sent from my Incredible using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread