Status
Not open for further replies.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Well tao...I have been "watching" (but not seen/held) the Innokin T18...and the Eleaf iJust Start Plus...but...

My next tank/battery combo purchase will probably be the (recently announced) Kanger EVOD Pro Starter Kit...

Its main attractions (for me)...4.0ml. tank and replaceable 18650...:headbang:

[If you're new to vaping and don't have any 18650's or a charging station...you could just buy one 18650 (eg. Samsung 30Q) and recharge it in the Mod with its USB port.]

Vapecrawler

I was thinking about it then i read this topic:
Kanger EVOD PRO Starter Kit (MTL 18650)

Seems to me like there are just a plethora of other devices, which take a separate 18650 batt, that would be better or at least similar to the Evod Pro Starter Kit.

ESPECIALLY when you get into that *size* device. It's not tiny at all.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Took a quick look. Odd, all of them use a 1500mAh battery. And assuming they all use the same coils, then besides color options, it's just a difference of widths and heights. If that's it, I find it a bit strange, but I guess there is a demand.

Since they all have the same 1500 battery, I would guess the size difference would be psychological ... I remmember going thru this in early days with joyetech ego versus vision spinner 1300mah........latter was fatter, less wand-like. So depends on what "feel" people like in hand, etc.

then of course there were all the different sizes and lengths of joyetech ego batts.......to me it made a difference, some were too long, others were just too short.

Seems like the D16 would be closest to an original sized joyetech ego twist type batt, thinner but longer and the short fat 22 would be more like an Ego One?

I think the first one they came out with in (19mm) seems like the sweet spot "average" that most people would like.

I know the batts are all 1500 on these......is the tank size that same, too???

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I was waiting for a US site to have them in stock.
Just placed an order for a D22 with myvaporstore after reading drysprokets message above. Good price, hopefully it's not a preorder, nothing says preorder, nut nothing says in stock either

You're right. Strange that they don't say in stock; I just assumed. I've never seen MVS do anything weird with preorders so I'd bet they are in stock now.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
So there are two are versions (16mm & 22mm) of the AIO in addition to the original 19mm now?

eGo AIO D16 - Joyetech

eGo AIO D22 - Joyetech

LOVE my 3 (19mm) eGo AIO's.

Was going to get a couple more to replace more of the box Mods/toppers in my Rotation...which now seem so huge, heavy and archaic.

Haven't found a side-by side-by side size comparison picture of them...so guess I'll be "forced" to buy a D16 and a D22 in order to compare their in-hand comfort experience...:shock:

Electronic Cigarette | E Cigarette | myvaporstore

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Haven't found a side-by side-by side size comparison picture of them

Found these - first is just the 16 v 22 but the second shows the AIO as well, although not 'side by side' :- ) The 22 is definitely the shortest and the second pic sorta shows that. According to the sizes listed at HG, you could consider the length on the AIO over the D22 is about how it looks in the 2nd picture - ie. about a 'drip tip' longer - @11.5mm longer.

D22 - 106.5mm
AOI - 118mm
D16 - 158mm

All 1500 batts but likely different widths and lengths which is common. All are reported to have a 2ml capacity, so if that's the case, they would have different depths of the wells.

Joyetech-eGo-AIO-D16-D22-e-Zigarette.jpg

egoaios.jpg

I'm liking my AIO. I've tried the .6, 1.0 and the Clapton 1.5 - I prefer the 1.5. Also have the Cubis Pro and have the 1.5 in that as well, but I've dropped my wattage from 12.5 to 11W on the Kbox topbox that holds it.

I likely won't be buying the D16 or 22 or the Kanger evod pro (and they just released the Kanger evod pro V2* which has an internal 2500mAh batt) for the reasons Racehorse and others noted....huge....

* http://www.heavengifts.com/Kangertech-EVOD-PRO-V2-Kit.html

eta: Joyetech also has the 'mega' version' - basically a 'twist' model of the AIO with VW (5W - 30W) but again - too big. Says it comes with a Cubis Pro atty but the pic looks like it's all in one?? Holds 4ml and comes with an internal 2300 mAh batt.

http://www.heavengifts.com/Joyetech-eGo-Mega-Twist-Kit.html

Last edited:

templarjee

Jul 10, 2016
Hey guys, I have been vaping ego Aio for 3 weeks and it is great! However, I've had an accident, when the thing got powered on in my pocket with empty tank. It was stopped by the 10 second protection. Coil was obviously wrecked, so I have thrown it away, cleared my tank and mounted a new coil. The vapor production is still the same, but there is no taste at all. I have been vaping on it for a whole day without any noticeable change. I have also tried another new coil with same results.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it?

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
Hey guys, I have been vaping ego Aio for 3 weeks and it is great! However, I've had an accident, when the thing got powered on in my pocket with empty tank. It was stopped by the 10 second protection. Coil was obviously wrecked, so I have thrown it away, cleared my tank and mounted a new coil. The vapor production is still the same, but there is no taste at all. I have been vaping on it for a whole day without any noticeable change. I have also tried another new coil with same results.

Anyone have any idea what could be wrong with it?

The only thing it could be is that you didn't prime the coil/cotton before using - that will suppress taste or give it a burnt taste. Check airflow setting and also, if you're using the liquid control coils - make sure that's open. The other possibility is that somehow the voltage got dropped and the flavor you're using needs more voltage.

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Found these - first is just the 16 v 22 but the second shows the AIO as well, although not 'side by side' :- )

Joyetech also has the 'mega' version' - basically a 'twist' model of the AIO with VW (5W - 30W) but again - too big. Says it comes with a Cubis Pro atty but the pic looks like it's all in one?? Holds 4ml and comes with an internal 2300 mAh batt.

http://www.heavengifts.com/Joyetech-eGo-Mega-Twist-Kit.html

Hey @Kent C ...GREAT size comparison pics!!! Thanx...

Had not run across the "eGo Mega Twist+ battery" before. Since I'm already planning to get a Cubis PRO...the Mega Twist+ might be worth a try since the combo is so "visually pleasing"...

Sure...it's bigger/heavier than the AIO. But that just means it will NOT compete with the AIO for sticking in my pocket when I'm heading out the door...

However it might make an interesting (and different) addition to my At Home Rotation...

Reactions: Kent C

memeticengineone

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2016
I had one of these things and didn't like it. The airflow clogged consistently with pocket lint or dust and the vapor, while flavorful , was restricted by the small airflow and hits sometimes tasted burnt on the 0.6ohm coil. The fire button would sometimes stick on as well, as the edge would get caught underneath the body of the mod. It had good battery life and was a good device but deal breaker is that the glass tank inside is not replaceable. One fateful drop from desk to wood floor and the internal tank shattered, leaking juice down inside the mod and onto the board. I only used it long enough to go through the two coils it came with. Now it's garbage sitting in my vape box...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JibbaJabba

Apr 2, 2013
PDX USA
I've been using Volt Spinner with a CE5 clearo pretty much since I quit smoking (trying to forget my first few months with V2, don't judge), just so y'all know where I'm coming from. My batteries were dying so I went to the SI site to re-order, but I noticed that they are in the process of phasing out all of their current gear, so I didn't want to get new batteries only to not be able to order compatible clearos and coils. I know, I know, I should have moved away from 808 threads years ago, again don't judge. To be honest I was getting a little jealous of the box modders and the big effortless clouds they blew, but I'm averse to change (and drawing undue attention to myself) so I stuck with what what I had.

I didn't really want to deal with box mods, I just wanted a bit more than what I had. After hours of research it seemed the AIO was exactly what I was looking for. I actually read this entire thread and got more info out of it than all the "reviews" combined, so thanks y'all!

I found some good deals online, but then both of my batteries died within an hour of each other, so I headed out to the vape store to see what I could get. Luckily I found a nearby store that had a full stock of AIOs, for pretty much the same price I'd pay online. One of my big worries was that the .6 coils included with the AIO would be way too much for me coming from such a relatively weak device like the spinner. Not only that but the guy at the store said that the 12mg nicotine juice I use might make me sick with a .6 coil. He was nice enough to swap me out some 1.0 ohm coils and they work outstandingly. I have to admit I actually got a buzz from the juice when I started using the AIO, but I was going pretty hard playing with a new toy, heh. Its mellowed since then but I definitely need to get some 6mg juice or lower.

Vapor production is great. Not annoyingly big like some folks enjoy but a vast improvement over the Spinner. The airflow adjustment feature is kinda negligible to me. I don't notice a whole lot of difference between the thing being wide open or tight, so I put it in the middle and its fine. The lighting feature is awesome if you like that type of thing, but you can turn it off if you want. So far it holds a charge well too. Been going for about 24 hours now and according to the indicator its not even half dead (I was a pack a day smoker if that helps illustrate how much I vape). I use a 33% VG juice if that matters to anyone. I'm stoked on this thing so far, buts its only been a day. I'll check in a couple weeks and let y'all know how its going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread