Joyetech Ego AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Thanks for the early write-up. It looks more than passably good so far.
I just don't know how I'd handle a new MTL-ish now, but it solves the bottom leaking issue which had me put all of my old gear away.

I would also like to see a larger version that has a larger tank for the sub ohm users.

This is where the two smok "Sticks" have an advantage.
Larger battery and some Nano version of the TFV4 (I think).

But they're like twice the price. For testing, I'll almost surely grab one of these instead.

And I keep looking over at my 19mm ST Nano and wondering what it would be like half again as tall with a built in battery. Pretty sure I'll be trying an AIO. Oooohh, shiny. :p

nelsonm64

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2013
Kelowna, B.C.
Does the AIO have any type of "battery charge remaining" indicator?

When you're charging it...does it let you know when it's fully charged?

yes, after you fire it the tank will be lit and, if it's a solid light it's a full charge. and if it' blinks quickly it needs to be charged. hope I made sense :)

blondie1964

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Pittsburgh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,019.4 KB · Views: 151

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
I've been eyeballing this one for a little while and picked up the stainless steel version at my friend's vapor store today. As has been mentioned, this mod is smaller in person then pics and videos might make it seem. And for that, I like it even more. It will be serving duty at work and will carry nicely in my pant's pocket.

Flavor from the 0.6Ω coil is pretty respectable, and I seem to be having better luck with this then the coils I've used in the Cubis. I have had wicking issues with the MTL coils included with the Cubis.

I'm pleasantly surprised to say the battery life seems to be pretty decent on it. While I'm not necessarily a chain vapor, I've been using it pretty much exclusively since I picked it up early this afternoon with only the charge that it came with, and it's yet to indicate a lower charge level with the LED light. I do believe there is 3 different ways the LED behaves to indicate charge, and it's still behaving as "full". Also worth noting, is that vape quality has not noticeably changed (yet) over the course of the day's use.

It came with the "swirly" drip tip installed, but also has a normal drip tip included. Without a doubt, the swirly drip tip kills flavor. It's only advantage could be for spitback, which is minimal anyway. I swapped it out for a SS drip tip that matched the mod a little better.

The 0.6Ω coils aren't well suited for lung hits. Lucky for me, that is not my vape style, and they suit me just fine. Vapor production from them is very respectable. I'm unsure if this mod would have the power to run the 0.5Ω Cubis coil enjoyably, but could be worth a shot. I don't think cloud production is the best use for the AIO.

I too like the feature of the changeable LED lighting in the tank. Sure it's gimmicky, unnecessary even, but I enjoy it and enjoy being able to change through the colors. I picked up a bottle of liquid called "Bomb Sauce Alien Pi$$" today....so naturally, it is lighting up green at the moment.

I give it a thumbs up. For the price you can't go to wrong with this one if you're looking for a little stealth vape, and this is a heck of nice kit for a new vaper.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I've been eyeballing this one for a little while and picked up the stainless steel version at my friend's vapor store today. As has been mentioned, this mod is smaller in person then pics and videos might make it seem. And for that, I like it even more. It will be serving duty at work and will carry nicely in my pant's pocket.

Flavor from the 0.6Ω coil is pretty respectable, and I seem to be having better luck with this then the coils I've used in the Cubis. I have had wicking issues with the MTL coils included with the Cubis.

I'm pleasantly surprised to say the battery life seems to be pretty decent on it. While I'm not necessarily a chain vapor, I've been using it pretty much exclusively since I picked it up early this afternoon with only the charge that it came with, and it's yet to indicate a lower charge level with the LED light. I do believe there is 3 different ways the LED behaves to indicate charge, and it's still behaving as "full". Also worth noting, is that vape quality has not noticeably changed (yet) over the course of the day's use.

It came with the "swirly" drip tip installed, but also has a normal drip tip included. Without a doubt, the swirly drip tip kills flavor. It's only advantage could be for spitback, which is minimal anyway. I swapped it out for a SS drip tip that matched the mod a little better.

The 0.6Ω coils aren't well suited for lung hits. Lucky for me, that is not my vape style, and they suit me just fine. Vapor production from them is very respectable. I'm unsure if this mod would have the power to run the 0.5Ω Cubis coil enjoyably, but could be worth a shot. I don't think cloud production is the best use for the AIO.

I too like the feature of the changeable LED lighting in the tank. Sure it's gimmicky, unnecessary even, but I enjoy it and enjoy being able to change through the colors. I picked up a bottle of liquid called "Bomb Sauce Alien Pi$$" today....so naturally, it is lighting up green at the moment.

I give it a thumbs up. For the price you can't go to wrong with this one if you're looking for a little stealth vape, and this is a heck of nice kit for a new vaper.
It runs the .5 ohm coils just fine. ;)

drysprocket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Los Angeles
I got my AIO today and it's the same thing as with the Cubis- These coils are just super disappointing. I thought maybe I got a bad batch with the Cubis, but it's now become clear that Joytech just can't make a decent coil.

The flavor is muted, and always has a mild burning taste to it. Not as bad as the Cubis coils, but still pretty rough. I'm using 50/50 juice, did all the proper priming and let it sit for about an hour. It's also really warm with the standard drip tip and almost burns my lips (like the Endura does) The clear drip was better at first, but then gave me some burnt dry hits...and I'm being really mindful about not pulling too hard or letting it run for long.

On the bright side- I really do love the form factor of this mod. It actually kills me that it falls so short on the coils, since it seems like everything else is a perfect, especially for the price.

I've had problems with my Endura T18, but the flavor on those coils are top notch. I just can't imagine anyone preferring the flavor of these. I wish these 2 devices could have a baby, since I really don't think I would recommend either for a new vapor as they are. Hopefully they'll continue to improve.

Reactions: gerrymi

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I got my AIO today and it's the same thing as with the Cubis- These coils are just super disappointing. I thought maybe I got a bad batch with the Cubis, but it's now become clear that Joytech just can't make a decent coil.

The flavor is muted, and always has a mild burning taste to it. Not as bad as the Cubis coils, but still pretty rough. I'm using 50/50 juice, did all the proper priming and let it sit for about an hour. It's also really warm with the standard drip tip and almost burns my lips (like the Endura does) The clear drip was better at first, but then gave me some burnt dry hits...and I'm being really mindful about not pulling too hard or letting it run for long.

On the bright side- I really do love the form factor of this mod. It actually kills me that it falls so short on the coils, since it seems like everything else is a perfect, especially for the price.

I've had problems with my Endura T18, but the flavor on those coils are top notch. I just can't imagine anyone preferring the flavor of these. I wish these 2 devices could have a baby, since I really don't think I would recommend either for a new vapor as they are. Hopefully they'll continue to improve.
I have yet to have the problems you are with these coils.....specially in the heat department.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Saw that RBA head yesterday while looking to see what Cubis heads were available.
I don't have a Cubis, so I was unsure the effect of that chimney attachment in the AIO.

Also... stumbled on a tidbit I hadn't considered. There's no display on the AIO and you can't mount the RBA to check ohms.
However... there appears to some adaptor for using the Cubis head in another tank and with that you can mount the RBA to an ohm reader and/or a mod's 510. Maybe.

I honestly didn't take note of the tanks involved, I expect some Cubis owners will know whatever it was I almost learned. :p

Reactions: Foggy Road

louiesquared

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2015
Los Angeles
You can check resistance with a simple Multimeter. Even a cheap Walmart or Amazon unit should be comparable to the average Ohm Reader.

Also... stumbled on a tidbit I hadn't considered. There's no display on the AIO and you can't mount the RBA to check ohms.
However... there appears to some adaptor for using the Cubis head in another tank and with that you can mount the RBA to an ohm reader and/or a mod's 510. Maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread