Joyetech Ego AIO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
noob vaper here :D
I just started vaping using the Ego AIO. And now after 5 days i'm getting a weird, burnt taste from the vapor. Could it be that the coils only last that long? Because i was hoping for it to last least full week. I think i've been doing everything properly, though a few days ago after refilling the tank i forgot to let coil soak in the liquid and instead tried to vape, which resulted to my first dry hit :confused:.
Could that mistake be a factor in why the coil became ruined so soon?

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Colors other than black and silver are available on some sites now! I'm picking up a white and black one and the Cubis RBA as well. As far as replacable coils go, are the 0.6 ohms the best? I will be using it as mouth to lung. Might hold off on buying coils until I see how much I like the stock coils and how well the RBA works in it.

That's about exactly my plan as well.
There are coils in the 1.something range, but I just didn't want to think about it at the time

Glad the colors are starting to arrive. I grabbed the Silver/Black, but the Red looks nice.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
I just started vaping using the Ego AIO. And now after 5 days i'm getting a weird, burnt taste from the vapor. Could it be that the coils only last that long? Because i was hoping for it to last least full week. I think i've been doing everything properly, though a few days ago after refilling the tank i forgot to let coil soak in the liquid and instead tried to vape, which resulted to my first dry hit :confused:.

Could be... I know nearly zero about the Cubis and its' coils.
I think they're SS, which I prefer, but no idea how well the wicking stands up to heavier use.
I don't even know what an MTL 0.6 should behave like. o_O

:p

Reactions: Foggy Road

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Colors other than black and silver are available on some sites now! I'm picking up a white and black one and the Cubis RBA as well. As far as replacable coils go, are the 0.6 ohms the best? I will be using it as mouth to lung. Might hold off on buying coils until I see how much I like the stock coils and how well the RBA works in it.
the .6 is a decent MTL coil, but it will also work with the cubis clapton coil...and that one is a really good flavor coil.

Reactions: Foggy Road

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
the problem with ALL cotton wicked coils, is if you burn the cotton, that flavor will not go away. I make it a habit of not vaping a tank empty on a non temp control mod if I am using pre made coils.

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I see some complaints about the Cubis coils on the other thread on the Cubis tank. Is there anything significantly different about the AIO 0.6 ohm coils and the Cubis 0.5 ohm ones? Seems like such a small difference for them to make coils that are only 0.1 difference apart. I'm a little worried about the coil performance since it's pretty much the whole mod and if I don't like them then I probably won't use the mod much but at the price, I guess I'll take the chance. At least the rba option exists too.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I see some complaints about the Cubis coils on the other thread on the Cubis tank. Is there anything significantly different about the AIO 0.6 ohm coils and the Cubis 0.5 ohm ones? Seems like such a small difference for them to make coils that are only 0.1 difference apart. I'm a little worried about the coil performance since it's pretty much the whole mod and if I don't like them then I probably won't use the mod much but at the price, I guess I'll take the chance. At least the rba option exists too.
the airflow is drastically different between the two...the .6 ohm coil is designed for MTL, the .5 ohm coil is more open, for direct lung hits

Reactions: gerrymi

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
Could be... I know nearly zero about the Cubis and its' coils.
I think they're SS, which I prefer, but no idea how well the wicking stands up to heavier use.
I don't even know what an MTL 0.6 should behave like. o_O

:p
On weekdays I vape every now and then, but i use it heavily on the weekend. Though i just recently quit smoking and the 0,6 coils were intended for MTL, I find it more satisfying to direct lung :p

the problem with ALL cotton wicked coils, is if you burn the cotton, that flavor will not go away. I make it a habit of not vaping a tank empty on a non temp control mod if I am using pre made coils.
So there isn't anyway to save/revive my burst tasting coil? :(
I've read on other posts about prolonging coil life by soaking them in water/vinegar/vodka/alcohol and then letting them dry overnight. Would this method work for Cotton wicked coils, or does this method only apply to coils that have not yet burnt?

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
I'd say if you have a spare coil, to use that instead. Once you burn a coil, the burnt flavor doesn't want to come out very easily and even with soaking, etc, that flavor is gonna stick. Only thing I can think of to save the coil is to rebuild it yourself but if you are new, I doubt you would want to try that. The soaking method works for coils that you kinda just want to "clean" up a bit to get rid of the flavor inside and maybe some of the gunk off the coils, but if the cotton itself is burnt, the soaking is pointless.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
the airflow is drastically different between the two...the .6 ohm coil is designed for MTL, the .5 ohm coil is more open, for direct lung hits

There's a nippled cap in the top end of the 0.6 which restricts the airflow.
If you get a grip on it... it pops out.

I may try it with one of them, but I really want this to try MTL again (without the leaking).

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
There's a nippled cap in the top end of the 0.6 which restricts the airflow.
If you get a grip on it... it pops out.

I may try it with one of them, but I really want this to try MTL again (without the leaking).
if you have any shops near by, pick up one of the cubis clapton coils...for awhile I was on a MTL trip, and those were my favorite, never had any problems with them, and they produce really good flavor.

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
There are several ways to try to extend a wicks' life, but... once it's toasted... it's toast.

That's a big step past "dry hit" though. Major difference.
I'd say if you have a spare coil, to use that instead. Once you burn a coil, the burnt flavor doesn't want to come out very easily and even with soaking, etc, that flavor is gonna stick. Only thing I can think of to save the coil is to rebuild it yourself but if you are new, I doubt you would want to try that. The soaking method works for coils that you kinda just want to "clean" up a bit to get rid of the flavor inside and maybe some of the gunk off the coils, but if the cotton itself is burnt, the soaking is pointless.
Wow, what a bummer.. I am using the spare coil now, though i hope the new spares that i purchased online will arrive in time before this coil also goes bad, Lol,, It is my intention to learn RTA's once i'm confident enough. Many thanks for tips mates :D

Reactions: gerrymi

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Wow, what a bummer.. I am using the spare coil now, though i hope the new spares that i purchased online will arrive in time before this coil also goes bad, Lol,, It is my intention to learn RTA's once i'm confident enough. Many thanks for tips mates :D
what is the PG/VG ratio of your liquid?

Fajar

Mar 27, 2016
Jakarta, Indonesia
ok, I have been running a 70/30, and doing okay, but it pushes the envelope a bit....but I can tell when the vape is starting to get a bit dry before the wick is burnt and give it a couple primer puffs (drawing without firing the mod).

60/40 should be ok though.
I think i'll use your advice on taking primer puffs first, you know just to be on safe side :D
In the mean time, i'll be rationing my puffs and switching to my 50/50 ejuice to extend the coil's life (my spares won't arrive until this friday at the earliest :confused:
Hopefully i won't be tempted by the pack Marlboro Ice Blast sitting on my desk XD
Thank you sir,

Last edited:
Reactions: USMCotaku

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Well, I got my AIO today. Ordered it from VapeNW and it got here very quickly in 2 days! Primed the coil with about 10 drops of liquid, filled up the tank, took a few primer puffs, and let it sit for about 10 minutes on the charger before I took a puff.

First impressions are good! I have the airflow set on the tighter side, and got a pretty decent hit. Mouth to lung hit and flavor is not bad, I wouldn't mind if I could get the airflow even tighter, but it's good enough for me. The device is the same size and height as my Ego ONE (smaller version.. forgot what mah it is) with a Kanger Nano on top. I dig the airflow control and tank light. I switched out the original drip tip for one of my own, but I'll have to fiddle with that later to find the best tip for it. I haven't tried the RBA head for it yet but will try it once I finish this tank of juice.

Overall, I think for the price, it is a pretty nice little device and I'm satisfied. I'll most likely use it when I'm out and about as it's nice and small, and if I happen to lose it, at least it didn't cost that much. Would make a great gift for someone trying to quit. I'll use it the rest of the day and see how well the coil lasts. Right now it's nice and sizzly and seems to be taking my 50/50 juice rather well, no dry hits so far. The vape is a little warm for me at full charge (does it go down as battery level drop?), but it's fine and not really a big concern for me. One thing though... how to clean the tank of the juice inside if I want to switch? I guess I could rinse it with water but I don't want to damage the device. Guess I could cover the charge port with tape like I do with my Egrip when I clean it out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread