Status
Not open for further replies.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Its basically variable wattage (where the mod adjusts output voltage based on coil resistance to maintain set wattage) with only three settings, but temp protection added in

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

It works...it just works.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I should pay more attention to the technical stuff, but lawd, it's boring as hell. I just want to know (and I'll say this for any of my mods) what coil I need, how to turn it on/off, how to charge, and what kind of flavor I get. I don't wanna be yawning over specs, I want to pop a tank on and vape. I have a short attention span, too...lol....so the easier, the better.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I should pay more attention to the technical stuff, but lawd, it's boring as hell. I just want to know (and I'll say this for any of my mods) what coil I need, how to turn it on/off, how to charge, and what kind of flavor I get. I don't wanna be yawning over specs, I want to pop a tank on and vape. I have a short attention span, too...lol....so the easier, the better.

Don't get me Wrong. I'm a Tech Guy. And I Love Charts and Graphs with Circles and Arrows and supporting Equations. LOL.

But at the End-of-the-Day, I'm kinda like you. The Real Test to me of how something Works is when I pop on a Tank and give it a Vape.

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
Don't get me Wrong. I'm a Tech Guy. And I Love Charts and Graphs with Circles and Arrows and supporting Equations. LOL.

But at the End-of-the-Day, I'm kinda like you. The Real Test to me of how something Works is when I pop on a Tank and give it a Vape.
And this does...beautifully and simply.

Reactions: zoiDman

redrebel821

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Houston area
I just wanna know enuff

so I can make the best out of what I buy / use

a k.i.s.s. and bang-for-the-buck kinda vapor`er

:headbang:
It really is simple!!! And for the price...it's really affordable, I think. This was my first venture into temp., and its been so easy...not at all intimidating. Just pic a coil, pop it in, set it an forget it.

Reactions: pufZeppelin

Stunned Guy

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
The Netherlands
I have the complete kit now and so far not really impressed, mainly due to the muted flavour of the standard coils / clearomiser.

I've tried to get my subtank mini (NI200 in RBA mode) working on it but so far no luck.
The light keeps on flashing when I try to fire so this means he doen's regonise the Mini.

Can someone tell me how I can get this combo working? The mini works fine on other mods BTW

Also my other RTA's / clearomisers have the same problem, only one time the Uwell Crown worked on it.
but of courese the output power of the VT is way to low to support the crown, at least on pre-made coils.

Vincy2603

May 6, 2015
I have the complete kit now and so far not really impressed, mainly due to the muted flavour of the standard coils / clearomiser.

I've tried to get my subtank mini (NI200 in RBA mode) working on it but so far no luck.
The light keeps on flashing when I try to fire so this means he doen's regonise the Mini.

Can someone tell me how I can get this combo working? The mini works fine on other mods BTW

Also my other RTA's / clearomisers have the same problem, only one time the Uwell Crown worked on it.
but of courese the output power of the VT is way to low to support the crown, at least on pre-made coils.

Yup, I don't dig the standard coil and TC coils joyetech provides. Hated the mega tank too. The only reason I got the complete kit was to attach the mod to some other tank or rda which is compatible (maybe less than 10% in the market) the biggest downfall is the 510 pin. Truly truly disappointing that it's a fixed pin. It might be done like that to minimize space as much as possible, but it ruins the compatibility with other RTAs and RDAs...

When the light flashes it prolly means the resistance is too low (below 0.2) you have a short, or low battery. I can't say for the subtank mini because I don't own one, the Mini's 510 might not be touching the pin on the ego vt properly... Causing the resistance to jump. Just my assumption ... Although I actually plan on attaching a kayfun v4 on it... Which I don't really have high hopes of it working perfectly :unsure: haha we'll see!

Stunned Guy

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
The Netherlands
Yup, I don't dig the standard coil and TC coils joyetech provides. Hated the mega tank too. The only reason I got the complete kit was to attach the mod to some other tank or rda which is compatible (maybe less than 10% in the market) the biggest downfall is the 510 pin. Truly truly disappointing that it's a fixed pin. It might be done like that to minimize space as much as possible, but it ruins the compatibility with other RTAs and RDAs...

When the light flashes it prolly means the resistance is too low (below 0.2) you have a short, or low battery. I can't say for the subtank mini because I don't own one, the Mini's 510 might not be touching the pin on the ego vt properly... Causing the resistance to jump. Just my assumption ... Although I actually plan on attaching a kayfun v4 on it... Which I don't really have high hopes of it working perfectly :unsure: haha we'll see!

Yes I totally agree, both the tank and the coils are terrible, at least in my opinion.

I bought it for the exact same reason as you, and of course I was aware of the fixed pin but I wanted to give it a shot because I so like my Joyetech ego one + subtank nano combo.

Anyhow to come back to your reply, you really helped me and I not even thought about this!
The error flashing is the same as on my normal Ego one when I built to low Ohm coils, and my NI200 was below 0,2, so that must have been the reason.

I have no idea why I not thought about that before, but thank you very much, I will try a TiO2 coil tonight above 0,2 and let's see how that works!

Reactions: Vincy2603

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California

The fixed pin design has benefits concerning tc....much more stable resistance.

The stm should work fine....if not, the build is either too low of resistance or shorted

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
but…

mechs put out ONE SET power (depending on battery charge state)
a NON variable (watts or volts) mod puts out ONE SET power (eg: ego output 3.7v)

the eGo One is a ‘smart’ chip board

it determines output after you screw on which ever Ω topper you choose

Mr Busardo pointed this out in his review

whatever it outputs, install the .5Ω it comes with – work great;
then the 1.0Ω – still great;
and I use it with 1.6Ω and it is spectacular...

I don’t understand this, but PBusardo brought it to my attention
it does some sort of intelligence magic reading, seemingly different than others...
View attachment 500359

Mar 19, 2015 – The Joyetech eGo One
15:50 min start - - 35:30 min specs
-

I only assume this phenomenon is the same with the ego one vt / ct devices

:2c:

:)

He updated this later and confirmed it worked just like a mech mod. It was at the beginning of the next review he did.

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
He updated this later and confirmed it worked just like a mech mod. It was at the beginning of the next review he did.

yepper, I wasn’t addressing the battery depleting as it discharged...

" I don’t understand this, but PBusardo brought it to my attention,
it does some sort of intelligence magic reading, seemingly different than others..."

- - -
on a typical fixed device:
say , if the device is putting out 30watts
I put a .5Ω topper on – all is good
but if I put on a 1.6Ω topper, that 30w will produce burnt
-
or ‘vise-versa’
say output was 15w, it wouldn’t run a .4Ω (but ego one will)
- - -

it seems the ego one ‘reads’ Ω’s, then applies power as needed
unlike a ‘fixed’ power output…

of course I don’t know what or why,
just I read/watched about this and it’s how mine functions…

:unsure:

ps: I believe Joye has made a change with the VT
it runs the same power UNTIL battery is depleted...

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
yepper, I wasn’t addressing the battery depleting as it discharged...

" I don’t understand this, but PBusardo brought it to my attention,
it does some sort of intelligence magic reading, seemingly different than others..."

- - -
on a typical fixed device:
say , if the device is putting out 30watts
I put a .5Ω topper on – all is good
but if I put on a 1.6Ω topper, that 30w will produce burnt
-
or ‘vise-versa’
say output was 15w, it wouldn’t run a .4Ω (but ego one will)
- - -

it seems the ego one ‘reads’ Ω’s, then applies power as needed
unlike a ‘fixed’ power output…

of course I don’t know what or why,
just I read/watched about this and it’s how mine functions…

:unsure:

ps: I believe Joye has made a change with the VT
it runs the same power UNTIL battery is depleted...

I posted earlier the wattage outputs....it does indeed output different wattage based on coil resistance

pufZeppelin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Florida, SW
I posted earlier the wattage outputs....it does indeed output different wattage based on coil resistance

yes, cool

first heard Busardo speak of it
then my experience
then also read your post

it is a different operation than a ‘mech’ or say an older set eGo battery

think CARN thought I meant how power drops as battery depletes...

:)

Stunned Guy

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
The Netherlands
The fixed pin design has benefits concerning tc....much more stable resistance.

The stm should work fine....if not, the build is either too low of resistance or shorted

My STM works...

I had no luck yesterday with my Tio2 0,4 ohm built and it worked fine on my SX mini.

I'm not sure why not but I had not much time, this weekend I'll play some more with it.

Stunned Guy

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2015
The Netherlands
I finally worked it out, not sure what I was doing wrong before, but it's working great now.

Both my STM and Crown are working, now reallly enjoying my 0,4 ish TiO2 built on the Crown RBA on Medium setting.

Great vape, I'm a happy camper now with my VT :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread