Status
Not open for further replies.

Shel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2009
Los Angeles
I've had my eVic for a while now and I've still never heard any ticking, popping, humming, hissing etc coming from the mod itself. Even if I put it right to my ear in a completely quite room...... it's just perfectly silent.

Must be a defect.

I'd send it back and ask for a replacement.

:)

janne303

ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2014
Sweden
From an member in another forum who has contacted Joyetech

"Thank you for contacting us.

We have had this looked into and our engineer has contacted Joyetech about it, the following has been said:

We haven’t checked the capacity of the 3 cell block, But Joyetech Shenzhen have. If they believe they are getting a charge capacity of 5000 mAh out of the combined pack, it will be because they have tested it at that. If the 1500 mAh quoted on the individual cells within the battery pack is conservative (which is quite likely) this would explain the additional capacity quoted for the combined cell. Combining cells as an integrated pack is totally standard industry practice, and has been used by computer manufacturers for many years.

As for the cells needing balancing, this is just not true. The three cells are in parallel connection, and so will always be at the same voltage as one another. No standard we know of asked for any special monitoring or balancing for single parallel cell blocks.

Finally, some seem concerned that the cells are LiPo. I don’t know of many instances of devices where anything other than LiPo is used in an integrated battery. They are the most efficient battery type available for such devices.

We work closely with Joyetech to ensure everything is as it should be, and in this instance is seems to be a case of misinformation on the video posters side and is nothing that should have caused a problem.

Kind Regards
Customer Service
Joyetech UK"

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Anyone else notice the evic-VT and charger get very warm when it's plugged in. I wouldn't say hot, but very warm. Doubt it's anything to worry about, my isticks get like that too.
Actually, it gets really warm with the included charger. It however does not with my 2 amp phone charger. Strange. I know I've heard not to use higher amp chargers than recommended, but I'll take this as an exception.

Last edited:

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Anyone else notice the evic-VT and charger get very warm when it's plugged in. I wouldn't say hot, but very warm. Doubt it's anything to worry about, my isticks get like that too.
Actually, it gets really warm with the included charger. It however does not with my 2 amp phone charger. Strange. I know I've heard not to use higher amp chargers than recommended, but I'll take this as an exception.

Yup! My istick 50 and 30 dont get warm at all on a 2A charger...havent tried the supplied charger though!

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Amps are pulled, not pushed. If the device has a 1A charger board, you can put it on a 2A charger - or a 3A or 4A if you had one - and it will still only pull 1A. Which is good, it means you don't have to try and match the charger to the device; as long as the charger does the same or more than the device, it's good.

I don't see why that would be cooler though, nor quicker - unless the device actually is 2A. Though that still shouldn't be cooler.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Amps are pulled, not pushed. If the device has a 1A charger board, you can put it on a 2A charger - or a 3A or 4A if you had one - and it will still only pull 1A. Which is good, it means you don't have to try and match the charger to the device; as long as the charger does the same or more than the device, it's good.

I don't see why that would be cooler though, nor quicker - unless the device actually is 2A. Though that still shouldn't be cooler.
Quicker may be my imagination, it is absolutely cooler though. My istick gets warm with either charger though. I really don't think it's anything to worry about, just curious. Thanks, your info was helpful to me.

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
Quicker may be my imagination, it is absolutely cooler though. My istick gets warm with either charger though. I really don't think it's anything to worry about, just curious. Thanks, your info was helpful to me.

OK cool. I will test it out on the stock charger and my 2.5A one as well - I should be able to measure the temperatures easily. I don't know exactly what the stock charger could be doing to make it warmer, but something like being unregulated sounds vaguely plausible to me (with my layman's knowledge of the subject)

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
Nope, never.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
I read a lot of bad reviews about Gearbest but I placed an order anyway (57.99). Maybe it'll get here this summer. I'll test mine with an acetylene torch and some dry ice to see if it's accurately workin. By the time I get it the next version will prolly be out.
Joyetech eVic VT 60W Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage Mini Box Mod Kit-124.90 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

images

seems like the black one with eu plug is 2.5x the price of evrything else lol!

Joyetech eVic VT 60W Temperature Control VW Variable Wattage Mini Box Mod Kit-124.90 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

...ok its not on sale for some reason...

Last edited:

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK

My black full kit with EU plug was £60 on eBay (including first class post) - £7 less than all the other sellers on eBay, and only £5 more than a bloke on FB was charging for the mod-only. Not that you want the full kit almost certainly from what people are saying. I haven't tried it (and probably won't; I'll try and re-sell it) but the coil heads look incredibly small and inadequate, and the tank nothing special.

Anyway I took the last one of that eBay guy but he said he was probably going to try and get more in, so if you do want a full kit from the UK he'd be a good bet.

Or if you want one quickly I can put you in touch with the FB guy selling mod-only for £55.

I tried to order the mod-only from 3FVape for $55 but they won't ship Joyetech or ELeaf to the UK - sounds like those manufacturers won't let them, so they can maintain their local price gouging!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread