Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Not interested in this either. I purchased the Evic-VT for temp control and a large battery at a reasonable price. That mini just puts it in the single cell category of which there's smaller devices available at the same price point.
Same reason I bought one. They look pretty cool though
rZzAKIH-457x510.png

"Applied with exquisite 510 Thread".........:laugh:

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Dual ti is know to be troublesome for many. The legs will losen under the screws within the first day usually.

My first dual did after a day or two and severely arced to the post. Tighten the screws back down and she was good.

Here it is for example, got a little bit of a burnt hit but the rayon was still good!

I wish mine looked that good. But after a couple days of dropping into power mode, re tightening screw posts, and then reattaching atty, it seems to be content to stay in power mode now for a couple days.
3e905f1ccea3edee6b5517a1482c6fd0.jpg

Sent from my mobile

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I wish mine looked that good. But after a couple days of dropping into power mode, re tightening screw posts, and then reattaching atty, it seems to be content to stay in power mode now for a couple days.

Sent from my mobile

Holy cow man, those coils are waaaaay underwicked! Can't imagine it's vaping all that well, even if it doesn't jump out of tc. Once you get enough cotton in there you shouldn't see any gaps between the coil and wick. Bulk that wick up bro.....

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL

Sent from my mobile

Yeah bro that wick only half fills the coil. You should have even full contact but not too tight.

You didn't mention what ohms the coil is and what the evic reads it at cool in wattage mode.. Hint.. To get good cold reading. Power up the screen then screw the atty on the first reading is the ohms of the coil.

That ohms should also be locked into ti or ni mode depending how much power you need.

Ti mode actually caps at about 460 when it reads 600. So Ni mode can get you more power to ti wire, and it reads about 80-100 under the applied temp.

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
Not related to TC or the eVic VT, I thought I'd share this,about the CLR heads used in the eGo ONE tanks...

The question was asked, "Can a Clapton coil be built in a JoyeTech CLR head?" My Stepdot has been watching me play with Clapton and wanted to try it. The answer is yes! I built a 32 over 28 and installed it. Now, to answer the unasked question "Should you do it?" No. It's a PITA and you run the very real risk of damaging the insulator.

Last edited:

becosemsaida

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2012
Portugal
So... the "baby" brother is going to have software upgrade capability....... Wonder if there is a way to make our "big" vt's having this also.

If we can check if the internals are the same it should be a matter of connecting the usb port.... Maybe somebody will figure this out.

As far i can see the specs are the same and the software package should work.

beco

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Guys how many days/hours of heavy vapeing do you get off the evic vt? The battery bar does go down quickly

Days/hours don't really tell much about battery life because everyone vapes at different rates, wattages and temps.

I get about 15ml out of a charge.....about 2ml better than using a dual 18650 mod with sammy 25R's.

Last edited:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I'm the 6-7 second lung hit guy, I have the MVP 3 pro battery life in that is great and supposedly less than the vT

The VT batt scale drops pretty fast at first but then seems to drop slower as the batt depletes. Have you actually run the VT all the way down yet?

Reactions: JeremyR

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
So... the "baby" brother is going to have software upgrade capability....... Wonder if there is a way to make our "big" vt's having this also.

If we can check if the internals are the same it should be a matter of connecting the usb port.... Maybe somebody will figure this out.

As far i can see the specs are the same and the software package should work.

beco

Since there is no response on usb hookup there is probably no coms hookup on the board. Finding the pin out/in on the chip on the mini may give an indication on how to conect to it on VT, but that doesn't necessasarily give the ability to do it on the original models circuitry or on the software upgrade... It would probably be easier to swap the mini board into the original IF it's compatible. I think I'll just settle for the way it is and hope they'll do a makeover on some future version.

The MFG did listen though - we wanted the access, they gave it on the new model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread