Just bought a Reo Grande, battery/charging questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Hi gang

I recently took the plunge and said eff* it! And dropped $174.00USD (incl. ship.) on a Reo grande.

I've wanted one for long time but it's hard to justify spending that much when I've already purchased many other ecigs, and am currently unemployed.

I did try a Boge Revo which I did like and thought was gr8 value, so I'm hoping this mod will be the last I ever buy (yeah right lol, we'll just have to wait and see hehe)

Anyways, while I wait for my mod to be delivered I thought I should purchase some batteries, but have no idea which ones to get, as I can see many different battery types on the Reo homepage.

I just purchased a Reo grand, not a mini, or woodville or any of the other variations. Which battery will I need? I have some 17670 batteries from my Apex @lpha, any chance they would fit?

Also I have a Trustfire TR-001 charger which charges many different types of batteries, will this charger be sufficient to charge the required batteries?

Kind regards for any info you can share with me

Doc :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345165652.663948.jpg My all day vape with the 18650 3100mah I don't know about the battery's you listed but can say that I chain vape and only change the battery once in the morning whether it needs it or not

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Thanks for the info guys, so it looks like the 18650 it is. Ordering one pair now, and I'm pretty sure that battery is supported by my charger :)

So tell me guys, how do you like your Reo's?
Did you end up buying other mods because you weren't satisfied? Or is it the mod of all mods?

I hope so, been looking for work for the last 2 weeks, I can't afford to keep buying mods lol

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
View attachment 126496 My all day vape with the 18650 3100mah I don't know about the battery's you listed but can say that I chain vape and only change the battery once in the morning whether it needs it or not

Just wondering, does that mod have a clear door? Or is the door off?
If its a clear door, it looks wicked :)

Unfortunately all the good colors were taken :( So I got a green one, lol
I don't think I still want a green one lol, but all the colors I Liked were outta stock :(

Caridwen

ECF Moderator
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2011
The only thing better than a reo would be two reo's. :laugh:

I can't say anything bad about it. Love the size, the way it's built. You can rinse it off in the sink and you're good to go. I had a couple other bottom feeders too, so I knew that's what I liked. If I could get any mod, I'd probably get another Reo.

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
I bought my Reo Grande for use while driving mainly ;) I have an assortment of carto tanks, Kanger cartos, dripping atties and an e hookah for use around the house or when stationary, but driving and using any of the devices (sans e hookah which stays plugged into the wall at home) is problematical in heavy traffic. The Reo Grande sits in my shirt pocket and is easy to use behind the wheel, and it gives me the scrumptious flavor of dripping. The Reo is a wonderful mod ;)

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
No I have the door off so u can see the battery. What do I think of it? I think if I would have started with the Reo I wouldn't have anything else I have no provari, no silver bullet, the flavor and vapor is better with the Reo than anything else on the market. I used to think there was no way that it could live up to the hype the ReOnautz hype it up to be but trust me it out lives the hype......

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Mod of all mods? Short answer: For me, indeed yes. REOs are about as good as it gets. I have two (soon to be three). I have a REO Mini and a REO VV Woodville. It sounds like the REO VV Grand release will be in less than 2 weeks, so that will be #3 for me, and probably the last PV I buy for a year or two (unless notcigs comes up with a VVPVv2 - if that happens, then it would be a moral imperative that I buy one ;) )

Long answer: Feeders bring something unique to the table. No matter what other sort of PV you might find, you'll probably end up carrying vaping supplies around. You'll either be prefilling cartos, punching cartos for tanks and filling tanks, or carrying a bottle of juice for dripping. I hate carrying extra stuff, filling tanks, and generally letting my vaping be any kind of a distraction. I hate it. - Carrying a feeder means that at most, you might want to have a spare battery in your glove box. Being able to grab one single vaping related item when I leave the house and not having to worry about running out of e-juice or battery is a lot of freedom. Never tinkering around with anything and just being able to vape when I want to is wonderful. And, for the mechanical REOs, another great benefit is cleaning. I can throw my REO mini in some warm water and clean it. Then I dry it off, give it a couple of shakes to get any residual moisture out from behind the delrin cover, and that's that.

You'll be very pleased with your purchase.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
OK guys, just one more technical question about the battery lol

I'm shopping around for some AW IMR 18650 batteries.
Does the brand have to be AW?
I have found a Sanyo brand IMR 18650 1600mah batteries which seem to be identical, just cheaper.
Take a look here, they look the same specwise I think, and work out to half the price, plus free shipping lol
2x IMR Type Sanyo UR18650W 1600 mAh 18650 HIGH CURRENT TABS Li-ion battery | eBay
Do you think these will do? I'll get the original AW ones if you guys recommend it, though I would love to save a little $ on the batteries haha

Fiamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
So Calif
AW IMR 18650's, period. There are unscrupulous people selling AW knockoffs. They buy rejected batteries, cover them up with a counterfeit cover and sticker. Personally I would never buy batteries on ebay regardless of whose they said they were.

You can get genuine AW IMR's a little cheaper at RTDVapor and they have an ECF5 coupon code for 5% off.

Be sure you have the PROPER charger for your batteries. Rest your batteries for an hour after use before putting them on the charger, and rest them for an hour after charging before using them again. Proper use will lengthen the life of the battery.

DrMagick

ECF Veteran
Dec 8, 2011
Australia
Thanks for the advice Flamma
I ordered the AW IMR 18650, 2x of them from ecigmodshop.com.au
Cost me $32.00 delivered. And my charger does support the 18650, its listed as one of the compatible batteries.
Thanks for the advice, I will try your techniques. My AW IMR 17670's seemed to be losing charge even though I regularly cycled the battery, one of the batterys held much less charge. Hopefully following your tips will prevent this happening with these ones, as I am sure I will love my Reo once I get it :)
Not wanting to spend that much on the roe, I ended up buying 2x Apex Alphas as I broke the first on the first day (convinced seller sold me a used one but anyways) and the Boge Revolution. Would have been much cheaper if I just got the Reo to begine with lol

Last edited:

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
Those 3100mah 18650s are good

It's all I use they aren't the aw but they do great and like I said before this is no joke I change the battery once a day when I get up in the morning and I'm a chain vaper they rock it out and deliver everything I ask and them some. I have never drained one to the point they stopped firing but I have with the aw IMF 18650's I have at 2000 mah they just can't keep up

Justice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 10, 2011
The part of Canada that doesn't get enuf Snow :(
Those 3100mah 18650s are good
No those 3100's are not good. They compress the spring too much. The spring is a built in safety feature. And also with lr attys you will get a better vape with the 18650 aw imr 1600 or 2000. But they must be the aw imr batts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread