The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Just got my new auto 401 kit. Any Tips?

Discussion in 'M-401/402 "Mini" & M403 Super Mini' started by VDS_NY, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. VDS_NY

VDS_NY Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2009
    Upstate NY
    I've been using the 401 for about an hour now. So far, I like. I've been vaping just over 4 months now with 510s, 901s, and KR8 cartos, so I'm not a complete newbie but any tips from veteran 401 users would be helpful. Best cart filling, atty maintenance, anything specific about the 401 I should know? Thanks!

2. Brady

Brady Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 22, 2009
    MN
    keep the atty clean, blow out at battery change
    keep extra juice or extra carts on hand and close by

3. sheep

sheep Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 13, 2010
    Vancouver, BC
    Probably can't add any advice you don't already know. Keep a few paperclips handy! I'm loving my M401/402 and I'm on month 2 with the same atty. Still producing flavour and vapour like a champ!

4. Guineahill

Guineahill Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use the B.F.D. filler for my M401 carts. The size needs to be modified since the original measurements are for the 510. I really like it - vapes dry each and every time.

I use a syringe case to clean my atty - just fill with vodka, drop in the atty, put the top on, shake several times, remove atty, blow dry, prime and vape away! Works well for me.

;)

5. Turbo

Turbo Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 23, 2009
    NC/USA
    All good advice. I would add that I drain my atty's each night by tilting them upside down on a napkin. This keeps them clean but make sure to prime them well w/ liquid in the morning; usually takes a few times to get the vapor back.

I mostly dip the exposed atty in a contact lens case. This works really well and you just use the 'dummy' cart w/ no inner cart. Keep the threads clean on the atty's and batts would be the final tip.

6. sentrarob

sentrarob Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 8, 2009
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Enjoy it!! I have the Intellicig M401 ans it vapes great.

7. Dmass

Dmass Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 25, 2010
    Dallas
    I am using the 40(1,2,3) as well for about 3 weeks and have been enjoying it very much. Analog free for 3 weeks!! Amazing. It seems that one of my atty's has died, so I am reading all the posts about cleaning, etc.

8. VDS_NY

VDS_NY Senior Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2009
    Upstate NY
    Hi and thanks for all the tips! The 401 is by far the smallest and most "realistic" ecig Ive tried and it impresses the hell out of me for the way it performs. I like pretty much everything about it except the cartridge. Too small and annoying to refill. :( (Dipping is cool though!)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.