Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Didn't you get the memo? Taking a FDA approved drug that makes you wig out and kill your family is a much safer alternative to ecigs....:cry:

lol I got the memo! I mean, I guess I'm kind of used to things like this with Kaiser... They keep their insurance to themselves, you can't use it anywhere else but Kaiser facilities. But come on...

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
From my health insurance! It was a link to the article below. C'mon Kaiser... I thought you were better than this. To quote old studies and fear monger your patients? Seriously?!

http://partnersinhealth.kaiserperma...easons-to-say-no-to-e-cigarettes-nat-june2015

Huh, where's the citations for #1 on the list? I've never heard of the FDA releasing anything on ejuice yet. I may have missed it, so if anyone knows, please direct me where this "information" can be found?

Reactions: Cullin Kin

jaytex1969

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2015
Austin, TX
Let them know how you feel:

The working Kaiser Permanente phone number for Bernard Tyson is 510-271-2659 and his Admin. is Sherry Buie. She may be reached at 510-271-6368

Verified e-mail address for Bernard.J.Tyson@kp.org
You can also try tweeting Bernard Tyson at:
https://twitter.com/bernardjtyson

Here is the address to write to him via US mail:
One Kaiser Plaza, 1550 Ordway, Oakland, California 94612
Attention: Mr. Bernard Tyson

Jay :headbang:

hashtag

Ultra Member
May 17, 2015
Are there any legit studies that show a lower or equal success rate to nic patch, gum etc...? I see that thrown around a lot in the propaganda but it just doesn't seem right. I know my real world sample size is small but I don't know anyone who has quit smoking and stayed quit using approved cessation products. I know quite a few who have quit through vaping and a couple who have quit cold turkey. It just doesn't seem like a valid claim, of the 20 or so people I know who quit smoking for vaping only 2-3 have gone back to smoking (to be fair that doesn't include the people who tried vaping for a week and never really quit smoking)

kaahn

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2015
Eastern NC
Let them know how you feel:

The working Kaiser Permanente phone number for Bernard Tyson is 510-271-2659 and his Admin. is Sherry Buie. She may be reached at 510-271-6368

Verified e-mail address for Bernard.J.Tyson@kp.org
You can also try tweeting Bernard Tyson at:
https://twitter.com/bernardjtyson

Here is the address to write to him via US mail:
One Kaiser Plaza, 1550 Ordway, Oakland, California 94612
Attention: Mr. Bernard Tyson

Jay :headbang:
Heh California...no wonder...

scrabble

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
Planet Earth
Are there any legit studies that show a lower or equal success rate to nic patch, gum etc...? I see that thrown around a lot in the propaganda but it just doesn't seem right. I know my real world sample size is small but I don't know anyone who has quit smoking and stayed quit using approved cessation products. I know quite a few who have quit through vaping and a couple who have quit cold turkey. It just doesn't seem like a valid claim, of the 20 or so people I know who quit smoking for vaping only 2-3 have gone back to smoking (to be fair that doesn't include the people who tried vaping for a week and never really quit smoking)
Nobody quit smoking, they just switched to vaping.

Last edited:

scrabble

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
Planet Earth

e96795b7ef8964fe100a7a2a76dc2a3b.jpg

*****Removed pic - Not Appropriate for ECF

Last edited:
Reactions: VictorViper

Thespis

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2014
Texas
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Nope

scrabble

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
Planet Earth
  • Deleted by classwife

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
  • Deleted by classwife

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
  • Deleted by classwife

scrabble

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
Planet Earth
  • Deleted by classwife

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida

Not really because vaping is not considered a smoking cessation product. If vape co's claimedthat then they would require FDA approval and testing like gum and patches etc.

scrabble

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
Planet Earth
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: I said to Stop

scrabble

Moved On
Jun 15, 2015
Planet Earth
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Complaining about moderation in the open forum is not permitted

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Forum Rules | E-Cigarette Forum
b. Posting photos or pictures that some may find offensive or unacceptable is not permitted. Naked or semi-naked pictures of people are not permitted. As matters of taste cannot have a hard definition, Moderators will determine what is or is not acceptable - if you are unsure, then do not post the material.

15. Freedom of speech
Your contribution to this forum is not a right but a privilege. As this is a private website there is no public right to freedom of speech. The rules we have in place are to protect the site, and to provide a convivial environment for our Members. In short: we decide what is permissible or not permissible.

Why we don't allow drug talk | E-Cigarette Forum

11. Trolling ('fishing expeditions' in search of a strong reaction)
Trolling includes but is not restricted to:
Deliberately posting something which is against our forum rules.
Posting repeated criticism of Moderators or their moderation activities.

Last edited:

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
"Nobody quit smoking, they just switched to vaping" Is a comment I totally disagree with.

Vaping is not smoking. At ALL.

How is it not quiting smoking if one no longer smokes? It should not be that difficult to understand.
I am sorry but IMO it is wrong to say nobody quit anything.. When in fact they did quit smoking.
Mimicing somethng is not the same as doing the actual act. That is like saying drinkking a soda is the same as drinking a beer. Just because the two acts minic the same physical actions in no way means the results of said acts are the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread