Just when I thought I could stop raving about MV...

Status
Not open for further replies.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Okay, this is going to be a long post, read on if you dare! :evil:

I'm sure some of you have seen my posts dating back to January through April/May. I got my 902 kit, made some "improvements", posted a lot, and was always THRILLED with Tony's/MV's service and products.

Of course, we all have a love/hate relationship with juices, and that's a very personal thing. I had to go elsewhere to find a juice I loved - and it wasn't HALO. I tried the Truepure b4 MV started carrying it (based on the rave reviews around ECF), and I found it had a really bad aftertaste, as well as getting 24MG I got the teeth-gnashing side-effect. So, it's been in a drawer ever since. What I DID find was Smilin Menthol from V4l that I CRAVED. BUT, they NEVER had 11 or 18mg in stock in 30ml bottles, so I was stuck again. I've got Parliament 18mg, which does the job, but it's just NOT Smilin! Smilin' is SO DAMN GOOD on the SideSho LR atty, it's almost CRIMINAL.

Meantime, I regressed to analogs because of the juice problems above. And, that lasted all summer. I also managed to scratch all my 902 batts and attys up pretty good carrying them in my pocket with a stainless steel mini-leatherman and a couple of Zebra pens. No biggie, they still WORKED ok after 3-4 months of daily use (all except one flaky atty). BUT, since I started on the analogs and couldn't find a suitable daily vape juice, I pretty much quit vaping.

Fast forward to yesterday. My mother-in-law from Chicago (listen up, Tony!) came to visit. She bought an Njoy Pro (RN4081) at the 7-11 and decided to try it out. Of course, I'm from the "don't buy prefilled" camp, so I fully intended to drive her towards MV for juice, at least. Maybe even a Lux/Cartomizer combo if I can help it! Just to show her there's life outside of prefilled "tobacco" cartos, I dusted off all my old 902 stuff and the various juices I've been stockpiling. It's Demo Time!

I noticed my 902s were looking bad for wear, and one of my attys had nearly half the paint flaked off. I took a look at the MV site intending to buy new stainless gear, and had an epiphany...just SCRAPE THE PAINT OFF UR OLD STUFF. So, I did. Started scraping all my scratched batts/attys and got them all glistening pretty good - I have some stuff called "Barkeepers' Secret" that works WONDERS on anything stainless steel or aluminum, we use it on our pots and pans.

Well, I went to polish my manual batt over the sink (first mistake), and right when I had it all perfect-like, I somehow knocked the little rubber button down the sink. 1 batt down. Then, in a panic, I pulled out one of my two auto batts, polished it, and noticed it had a pretty hard "pull" with some gurgling. This one previously had the LED tip come off and re-glued, so I figured it was time to do it again. Got the tip off, managed to move the LED chip ever-so-slightly enough to break a little solder from one of the wires, now it no worky either.

So, I called a buddy of mine who also has MV stuff that he stopped using - he suffered from PG reactions and just completely dropped the idea of vaping. I made him an offer on his complete 902 and SideSho kits that he's really never used. Meantime, something tells me to call MV about the battery. It seems a waste to me to chuck a perfectly good manual just because the button is missing.

Well, apparently MV feels the same. Julia answered, I explained the deal with the battery button, she pulled up my shipping info and is sending a couple of buttons out, gratis. I didn't even mention the auto problem since that's COMPLETELY my fault, but it feels good to know they really take our satisfaction seriously.

And who knew they keep extra buttons around just for this type of case?

Anywho, I'm back, more determined to quit the analogs than ever. I'm fully stocked on hardware, now to go kick someone's .... over at V4L and get some friggin Smilin 18 or 11mg in stock!

(And convince my wife that in addition to TWO full 902 kits, and a Sidesho Kit, I need a Lux too!)

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
And my story just gets better....seems my buddy also helped me cure my juice problem.

What I was doing: trying to feed my menthol addiction by finding a good menthol juice. (See my 1st post)

What happened: I inherited 5 10ml bottles with the kits from my buddy, all containing stuff I would NEVER have bought and tried: (2) RY4, Mild Seven, Chocolate Mint, and Coca Cola. The verdict: RY4 can easily be my all-day vape, but Mild Seven is pretty heavenly too. Can't decide, they're both THAT GOOD. Chocolate Mint is kinda like a good desert vape. The Coca Cola is kinda "meh", four out of five is DAYUMM!!!

Oh, and did I mention they're all the standard MV juices? Yep. It just keeps getting better and better.

Note: Despite that I'm spoiled by how long the carts in the 902 last, the SideSho makes up for it with excellent flavor reproduction on that LR atty. I'm now officially torn, and glad to now own both. Sidesho for flavors and dripping delight, 902 for all-day maintenance vaping. For those of you who know what I'm talking about, it's literally an all-day sucker! Get it? (okay, I'll refrain from trying to be witty...geez. Critics...)

(No, this is not a paid advertisement, I just keep finding MORE reasons to love MV.)

Butterfly

Sep 16, 2010
Colorado
I started off with a slidesho, but wanted a LUX just based on the looks within a couple days.
Am about to get a huge VK set up for a real good price via another person, but still keep eyeballing that LUX.
lol, Im such a gadget lover.
I have about 4-5 friends wanting set up's in the next week or so, They've all tried my Slidesho and dig it.
So I'm thinking I need to find a good bulk deal, I'm gonna convert as many people as I can in this small town I'm currently stuck in.

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
Hehe...since I started back vaping, I'm burning up batteries like a madman. Good thing I have two PCCs and a passthrough...

Oh yeah, RY4 FTW! (Although Mild7 REALLY kills the analog urges. I now have to keep two PVs loaded and spare carts for my passthrough ready at all times. RY4 in the PT and a SideSho auto, Mild7 in the 902 manual with the LR atty for the "nic monster" moments)

One last thing: My mother-in-law from Chicago is now hooked on RY4, and will be refilling her Njoy Pro Duo carts with MV juice. Hopefully she can get a "local pickup" option...

auTONYmous

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Michigan
mental note: the spare manual buttons that just arrived look like they've been redesigned since my circa Jan/Feb model 902/sidesho manual batts. They fit the SS just fine (very snug, very low profile), but I had to shave some rubber off the bottom of the button to fit my 902 batt. It was too tight, keeping the switch depressed when fully in place (meaning it was like permanently holding the button down.)

Small pair of a scissors, needle-nose pliers, a little squinting...*snip* *snip*

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread