K... Writing a short article about VAPING for a NON-Vaping audience... any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
just another thing to think about touching on, the "health" organizations that receive a good chunk of their funding from the big pharmaceutical companies that produce the (ineffective- but FDA approved) patch and gum. BP is a much bigger opponent to vaping than BT has ever been. The "health" organizations can be found at and behind every legislative event that includes e-cigs in smoking bans

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
Adobe and Microsoft have cheap student software packages that you can purchase lifetime licensed student versions for $50 or so. My wife got MS Office 2007 that way, in addition to Autocad. It's the same version as the high priced public version. It's just earmarked as a student version and sold for less. I think it has to do with federal tax concessions for aiding students in the learning process by providing deep discounts. They are glad to have you purchase it and all you have to have is a student ID that you enter on a form when you order, along with the school you are attending. It may be in the bookstore, also.

I use PSE and find it fully functional for what I do. I grew up using PS and PSE has everything I need.

Yeah, I'm familiar with all the student versions. My dad gets them, but they're labeled military family. :) Nice thing about MS is they'll often do it as 3 licenses. But my deal through work is a tad better. $9.95 for a digital download of the enterprise/professional/what ever they're calling the big one this year. Now if only they would do that for the OS, that would be totally sweet.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Yeah, I'm familiar with all the student versions. My dad gets them, but they're labeled military family. :) Nice thing about MS is they'll often do it as 3 licenses. But my deal through work is a tad better. $9.95 for a digital download of the enterprise/professional/what ever they're calling the big one this year. Now if only they would do that for the OS, that would be totally sweet.

The military deal sounds like something I wish I was eligible for. My wife just bought a new 17" quad core laptop and I had to export all her emails, user files, and download a few things she uses. I was able to use Magical Jelly Bean to find product keys in the directory of the old computer, unencrypt them, and allow me to reinstall her MS Office 2007 student package on the new laptop. It all worked flawlessly once I figured out the format for exporting Outlook mail files to the .EML format for import to Windows Live Mail.

It's no wonder companies like Best Buy and the Mom and Pop shops make a living doing that for people! It can be a grueling task even if you know what you are doing. If not, you have to get out the CC and pay the piper.

Last edited:

HawkeyeFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2012
Clermont, FL
The military deal sounds like something I wish I was eligible for. My wife just bought a new 17" quad core laptop and I had to export all her emails, user files, and download a few things shes uses. I was able to use Magical Jelly Bean to find product keys in the directory of the old computer, unencrypt them, and allow me to reinstall her MS Office 2007 student package on the new laptop. It all worked flawlessly once I figured out the format for exporting Outlook mail files to the .EML format for import to Windows Live Mail.

It's no wonder companies like Best Buy and the Mom and Pop shops make a living doing that for people! It can be a grueling task even if you know what you are doing. If not, you have to get out the CC and pay the piper.

Uhh. Yeah. But MS includes a utility to do most of that for you. In 7 they call it "Easy Transfer" I forget what it was called in the earlier versions. Can do it across a LAN, via a burned CD, and maybe even a USB transfer cable. I used it in the past when I setup a new machine for my parents. Everything transferred across flawlessly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread