Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
Has everyone seen the new Volvo commercial?
Jean-Claude Camille François Van Varenberg impresses me, but so does the truck.

Yes, it's real and yes, they're going backwards.

The music is Enya, "Only Time", but you guys already knew that.
Yes, I saw it. I'm impressed by anyone who can do the splits....but I question his sanity in trusting a couple of truck drivers (professional or not) to be so precise. I couldn't even consider it myself. Good for him, though! :thumb:

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
I was rather unimpressed with my goaty experience. I was hoping they'd clear a lot of the brush here and mow the lawn. Granted, they're not grazers, but our lawn is more like a forest. Especially the back yard. The back yard is nothing but ferns, bramble, milkweed, ragweed, and maybe some grass. And I'm trying to make our front lawn mostly moss anyway. But there's clover everywhere.

The problem I had with goats was trying to keep them away from the poisonous plants we have: specifically, rhododendrons. And then I kept on finding out more and more plants they shouldn't eat. Apparently they shouldn't eat hydrangea or milkweed or um, a lot of the other types of plants they ended up eating during their stay here. But they remained healthy and happy. The only time they had digestive issues was when they ate a bunch of dried beans. That was a very bad experiment...oh so gross and smelly...So, do not feed goats dried beans. At least in excess.

One of the goats stole my bag of rainbow twizzlers. That bummed me out but also was kinda funny.

I do like goats and would love to have my own some day, if I could have a place that would allow them and also have proper and sufficient fencing, because I like gardening too.

Oh, they also broke into one of my gardens and ate the beautiful tops off of the few tulips I had. That made me sad.

By the way, I got those tulips, and there's a hyacinth in there too, from the garbage if you can believe it. In the grocery store, in the florist section, they throw out plants that have dropped and spilled out of their containers, or ones that have gone past their blooming prime and whatnot. I saw these in the garbage, along with all sorts of ribbons. So I took 'em. The spring bulb plants weren't in that bad of shape, and all that needed to be done was get them more back in their pot and dust off the soil that spilled on them. My mom was in the hospital at the time and I brought them there to cheer her up. Then, a few months later I planted them in the ground. That wasn't before I just left them outside on the lawn sorta to get all eaten up by slugs, so I thought they'd never grow, but as luck would have it they did and they're still growing. So huzzah for plant magic.

I think I want a cocker spaniel. Of course I'd love a golden doodle or something similar. Or an afghan hound mix. Or an old english sheepdog. Swoon.

Stoneface

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2013
New York
I had a goat when I was a kid. I named him Billy (I'm now aware at how unoriginal that was). Billy ate everything, including the support posts for the deck on the back of the house, and never seemed to get sick from eating anything. He climbed on everything, liked to be higher than everyone else....or he had a superiority complex, who knows?? When I was really little, I would climb on his back, grab his horns, and ride him around :D

flarg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2012
Here
The goats I had never bothered any of our wood structures: they even lived in our shed. They did eat up this 5 ft paper mache gargoyle I made years ago that I had just sitting basically disintegrating in the garage. I didn't know what to do with it. I couldn't just throw it out, but it was so huge that there was no space for it. I don't know what my intentions for it were. But it was kind of a relief that they consumed it. The paper part. The inside was chicken wire.

Yeah, they liked to jump on things and get as tall as they could. This helped when they were on the deck and could trim the overhanging trees. And lucky for them one of the trees was a cherry tree! Yummy yummy!

They were really big goats, so I can imagine it would be quite fun to be a little child and be able to ride on and hold on to their horns. I'm too big of a kid to do something like that now. I think I used to do that with my doggies when I was little. Of course, they didn't have horns, just floppy ears.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Figured I'd stop by and say bye to the Kanger warriors(kids)
In the time it took to get through all this I have moved on to higher end devices and rarely pick up a Kanger piece. With all the insider and Kanger issues in the past year, I have no desire to even try any of their latest releases.

Hope everyone has a great holiday season and best of luck down the road!

Dal

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
Happy Thanksgiving!

thanksgiving.jpg

Dunder Mifflin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
California
thanksgiving-turkey-zombie-meme.jpg
Happy Thanksgiving Everybody:toast::vapor:

P.S. I posted this in the Mr. Vape Madlib thread. I know a few of us are Mad Libbers and would like to help out Tommy.
Happy Thanksgiving Top Notch!!

I think all of us Madlibbers can help Tommy out by going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/Vapedeal/ and leave a comment on his post. When you leave a comment it pushes his Black Friday Sale post to the top. Let's keep it on top!!! If he get's a lot of comments Vapor Joe might do a spotlight on Mr. Vape.
Let's Do This!!!
Just scroll until you get to his post. Thx

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread