The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Kanger ProTank on a ProVari issues???

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Thefreeze336, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Thefreeze336

Thefreeze336 Full Member Verified Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Winston Salem, NC
    So when I tighten it down, there is no airflow, I loosen it up and it's not making contact to fire. Anyone else having this issue?

The only solution I have found, though VERY temporary, is to take the head and pull the metal contact peice out a little, it will work, although it will wobble on the ProVari, then it ends up being pushed back in, and it's rinse repeat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2. CandyTX

CandyTX Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Austin, TX, USA
    Do you have a 2nd one? Does it do the same thing? I always leave mine fingertip tight and haven't had a problem. Hmmm. Do you have other 510 connection issues with other clearos, etc?

3. StarDose

StarDose Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2013
    Brampton
    Protank has its own airflow grooves on the bottom of the base above the threading, is it a kanger?

4. Thefreeze336

Jul 9, 2013
    Winston Salem, NC
    i ordered a 2nd one today and am going to give it a shot. A few vivi novas have given me the same issue

5. Thefreeze336

Jul 9, 2013
    Winston Salem, NC
    Right, but the kanger fits over the entire thing so I have no idea. I'm thinking it's the Kanger.

6. zacbandit

zacbandit Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    st louis
    Same exact deal here talked to others with same issue, provari seals too tight against it, I tighten it all the way down, then back it off half a turn and it works fine. I hate having it a lil loose (ocd) but thats the only way I can use the pair together

7. Mario87

Mario87 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    I have notice that with the Kanger Protank if you tighten to much you will get an error on the provari, no air flow problem with mine, here is a pic with a protank.

[​IMG]

8. Thefreeze336

Jul 9, 2013
    Winston Salem, NC
    Ok, so I am not the only one. Has anyone considered getting this: Ego-T Adapter

9. zacbandit

zacbandit Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2013
    st louis
    Looks pretty promising, reviews specifically mention using kanger with provari

10. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

How odd. Most ProVari owners complain about not liking the gap. Do other devices sit lower on it as well? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Protank base, there have been some problems reported with their durability, like breaking off. I dropped one, and while it still works, it is noticeably bent to one side. Vendors are selling replacement bases do deal with the issue.

11. Mario87

Mario87 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 23, 2013
    Miami, Florida
    Strange, I'm vaping on my provari with protank now and I don't see a gap. As a matter a fact I like the way the protank sits on my provari. I just tried a vivi nova on it and no gap.

12. Fun-atic

Fun-atic Senior Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Chicago
    I have the same problem with my protank and my provari the odd thing is that I get no air draw from the provari but the mini provari I get alittle. But with all my other devices I get good air draw. The problem I found is that the center post on the provari is sticking out farther than the mini. When the protank is screwed into the provari the center post pushes on the center of the protank pin and compresses the rubber gasket in the protank and expanding it so much that is closes the 3 holes on the protank. My fix was to very carefully slot the 3 holes on the protank base so when the gasket compresses it still passes air thru. I had no choice but to solve this problem I really like protanks I have about 20 protank1's and 10 protank2. I was so relieved when I solve this problem.

13. John_

John_ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Don't authenthic Kangertech Protanks have the slits in the bottom? I'm confused, shouldn't those slits alleviate air flow problems?

14. Bill's Magic Vapor

Bill's Magic Vapor Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2013
    USA
    Try an air flow controller ($3) and many vape shops carry them. Allows you to vary the draw, and eliminates any connection problems.

15. Kirkwood

Kirkwood Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 29, 2013
    Buffalo NY USA
    I have the same thing happening. Sometimes it will fit flush with no gaps and draw ok, then if I fill the tank and screw it back on, there is no airflow and I have to back it off a quarter turn. It will be ok for a while then not fire until I screw it down and back it off a bit. I don't have a problem with other tanks, just the Protanks. Seems that is just the way it is when you use a Provari with a Protank. I look at it as a way to have adjustable air flow ;)

16. SilverZero

SilverZero Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 20, 2013
    Illinois, USA
    That was my thought, my Protank has two large openings on the base of it that allow you to flush mount it and still get air flow. Strange.

17. chimsweep

chimsweep Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 2, 2013
    Hardwick, Ma
    My experience or I should say my wife's experience is the same as the nice kitty......she has a gap at the base. She doesn't use a pipe wrench to tighten it down, but if you tighten it down secure, there is still a gap between the tank and battery setup. This includes Mini Provari, my Vamo, and absolutely no problems.

18. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
  19. BlueMoods

BlueMoods Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2010
    USA - Arkansas
    One of my Protanks does that, the other does not - the older one is fine, sits snug but has good air flow, on the newer one, the o ring is compressed too much, not a big deal with the ego adapter - solves the problem (and lets you put ego threaded stuff on the Provari too.) I think it's just a slight difference form one batch of Protanks to the next is all.

20. John_

John_ Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I got 4 protanks from MBV and all 4 have 2 machined slits on either side of the 510 connection.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.