Kanger ProTank on a ProVari issues???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thefreeze336

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Winston Salem, NC
www.facebook.com
So when I tighten it down, there is no airflow, I loosen it up and it's not making contact to fire. Anyone else having this issue?

The only solution I have found, though VERY temporary, is to take the head and pull the metal contact peice out a little, it will work, although it will wobble on the ProVari, then it ends up being pushed back in, and it's rinse repeat.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Thefreeze336

Verified Member
Jul 9, 2013
Winston Salem, NC
www.facebook.com
Do you have a 2nd one? Does it do the same thing? I always leave mine fingertip tight and haven't had a problem. Hmmm. Do you have other 510 connection issues with other clearos, etc?

i ordered a 2nd one today and am going to give it a shot. A few vivi novas have given me the same issue

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
How odd. Most ProVari owners complain about not liking the gap. Do other devices sit lower on it as well? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Protank base, there have been some problems reported with their durability, like breaking off. I dropped one, and while it still works, it is noticeably bent to one side. Vendors are selling replacement bases do deal with the issue.

Last edited:

Fun-atic

Jun 18, 2013
Chicago
I have the same problem with my protank and my provari the odd thing is that I get no air draw from the provari but the mini provari I get alittle. But with all my other devices I get good air draw. The problem I found is that the center post on the provari is sticking out farther than the mini. When the protank is screwed into the provari the center post pushes on the center of the protank pin and compresses the rubber gasket in the protank and expanding it so much that is closes the 3 holes on the protank. My fix was to very carefully slot the 3 holes on the protank base so when the gasket compresses it still passes air thru. I had no choice but to solve this problem I really like protanks I have about 20 protank1's and 10 protank2. I was so relieved when I solve this problem.

Kirkwood

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2013
Buffalo NY USA
I have the same thing happening. Sometimes it will fit flush with no gaps and draw ok, then if I fill the tank and screw it back on, there is no airflow and I have to back it off a quarter turn. It will be ok for a while then not fire until I screw it down and back it off a bit. I don't have a problem with other tanks, just the Protanks. Seems that is just the way it is when you use a Provari with a Protank. I look at it as a way to have adjustable air flow ;)

chimsweep

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2013
Hardwick, Ma
How odd. Most ProVari owners complain about not liking the gap. Do other devices sit lower on it as well? I'm wondering if it has something to do with the Protank base, there have been some problems reported with their durability, like breaking off. I dropped one, and while it still works, it is noticeably bent to one side. Vendors are selling replacement bases do deal with the issue.

My experience or I should say my wife's experience is the same as the nice kitty......she has a gap at the base. She doesn't use a pipe wrench to tighten it down, but if you tighten it down secure, there is still a gap between the tank and battery setup. This includes Mini Provari, my Vamo, and absolutely no problems.

BlueMoods

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2010
USA - Arkansas
One of my Protanks does that, the other does not - the older one is fine, sits snug but has good air flow, on the newer one, the o ring is compressed too much, not a big deal with the ego adapter - solves the problem (and lets you put ego threaded stuff on the Provari too.) I think it's just a slight difference form one batch of Protanks to the next is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread